Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
My friend, there is no proof either way. It is a faith issue, either yo have it or you don't. Each person has to decide for themselves.

My wife had a difficult pregnancy and when the child, a girl was born the hospital told my wife to take her home and enjoy her as she would live a couple of weeks at the most. Her lungs were not developed, she had a large hole in her heart that was never going to close and she tested positive for Down syndrome. My wife called her church and asked for prayers then she called her mom and dad and asked then to do the same with their church.

When the little girl was three she was taken to Vancouver BC Children's Hospital and retested and again the test was positive.

When she was thirteen she went back for the same testing and the tests were negative. The results and tissue samples are still there. Later tests found her heart to be normal.

She had to work hard in school, harder than most for her As and Bs but she went on to collage.

Today at 40 she is a district manager for the company she works for.

I hugged her last night before we left to return to the farm for a week. I believe. I see more proof than I ever need whenever I hug her of talk to her.

Show me another child who has ever been healed of Down syndrome.

Scott, I have yet to see a peer reviewed article discussing the spontaneous remission of Down syndrome, and I've look for them on more then one occasion.

Since your basis for belief involves you daughter, I have no further philosophical comment on the story, except to say I'm very happy for your family and your daughters success.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
An outstanding irony here is that
(a) logic can neither discredit God, define God, prove God, nor disprove God
but
(b) accepting God and His word (completely without understanding) will lift you into the highest realms of logic.

(No, I won't argue the point! Got better things to do than try to turn boulders into mush. It's a fact as real and true and obvious and unarguable as the Pacific Ocean.)

Romans 1:19-21 ... Men may choose not to believe and even say that God had not "proven" Himself to them, but they will be found without excuse. �

As Paul wrote to the saints in the ekklesia in Rome (Romans 1:19-21, HCSB version) � "since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman
ironbender,

These God, evolution, creation, threads solve nothing and change no minds on the subject.

If you read all these threads you would realize your post is in error. My mind has been changed by others.

In what specific way(s) has your mind been changed?

I'm curious as to what your pre-change vs. post-change beliefs are/were.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
These God, evolution, creation, threads solve nothing and change no minds on the subject.

What do the political threads solve...?
And who's minds are changed by the political threads...?

It's just another topic to kick around and discuss with the fellas here.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: Ringman
ironbender,

Quote:

If you read all these threads you would realize your post is in error. My mind has been changed by others.

I don't remember. Someone's new to me ideas become my ideas and are the correct position or I wouldn't embrace them. We are all the same in that regard. "I'm right and those who don't agree with me are wrong," is everyone's belief.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Actually that question was intended for Steelhead and 4ager.

I'm looking forward to their answer and will forward it to God.

I'd tell folks to pay attention to the Old Testament, I'd not be a secret and I'd laugh every time someone said 'You only need to accept Christ as your savior to get into Heaven'

I'd also go back in time and wipe out anything revolving around the design and production of bras.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'd tell folks to pay attention to the Old Testament, I'd not be a secret and I'd laugh every time someone said 'You only need to accept Christ as your savior to get into Heaven'

[/quote]

Nothing to see but arrogant pride here.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Almost forgot, I'd smite you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Almost forgot, I'd smite you.

You'd get your azz beat. I'd do it for all the lower-enlisteds you abused for a generation.

Last edited by 4321; 12/16/14.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you my friend.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

ironbender,

Quote:

I don't remember. Someone's new to me ideas become my ideas and are the correct position or I wouldn't embrace them. We are all the same in that regard. "I'm right and those who don't agree with me are wrong," is everyone's belief.

I think the question is bigger then "does it change anyone's mind".

I for one, have learned A LOT from these debates. Ringman is a great representative of the Literal Creationist and he's introduced me to many idea's from his school of thought with which I was not familiar. CCCC accuses me of not learning any new tricks, but every time we has one of these thread, and I have to time to fully engage, someone always takes me down some new rabbit hole I haven't explored.

The Best part of these threads, is the way they can build relationships. There is something about an honest, spirited, respectful debate that builds respect and creates friendships. I may never change the mind of a single participate, but I will still enjoy the debate, what I learn from them, and my fellow debaters.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't mind respectful debates either but then I know I am right. grin

And I agree, you are one of the best at respectful debate and I have developed a lot of respect for you because of it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

ironbender,

Quote:

I for one, have learned A LOT from these debates. Ringman is a great representative of the Literal Creationist and he's introduced me to many idea's from his school of thought with which I was not familiar. CCCC accuses me of not learning any new tricks, but every time we has one of these thread, and I have to time to fully engage, someone always takes me down some new rabbit hole I haven't explored.

The Best part of these threads, is the way they can build relationships. There is something about an honest, spirited, respectful debate that builds respect and creates friendships. I may never change the mind of a single participate, but I will still enjoy the debate, what I learn from them, and my fellow debaters.

Maybe there's hope for you yet:)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not a big deal, but you misread - or misquoted - again. I said that it is me that has not learned any new tricks. Oh well - old stuff.
Merry Christmas, all.
PDW

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.