Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like LBJ as President

At least he's honest about being a crook, that's more than most politicians will admit.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Pete E
Don't know much about Jeb Bush this side of the pond..

What sort of reputation does he have? Did he achieve power on the shirt tails of his dad and elder brother, or is a savvy Politian in his own right?

Pete, Jeb was a two term governor of Florida. Consensus is, that he did a bang up job in that capacity. He created jobs, lowered taxes, pushed for insurance reform, boosted education, held unions in check, boosted tourism, helped new industry to come to Florida, and gave us the Nation's first real CCW law.

That said, even then, he was pro "immigration reform", is married to a Mexican, does not seem able to manage his own family (lots of drug problems), and favored expanding government.

While he may well have been great for Florida, as the Governor, I am not really for him in the Presidential role.

This pretty well says it all.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
Just once I would like to be able to vote for the
Republican Presidential Candidate without holding
my nose.

Jeb will do what McCain and Mitt did. Get the dems
elected.

I hear ya. I am damn tired of voting for the 'less odious' GOP candidate.

I can hear the convention now:

We're (a little bit) less liberal!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How you gonna 'splain this stuff to "your" base?
________

February 16, 2013 9:09:33 AM

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would strive to be like Lyndon Johnson, the Democrat famous for expanding the U.S. welfare state through the "Great Society," if he were elected president.

According to the Miami Herald, Bush made those comments Wednesday night in San Antonio, Florida at Saint Leo University, while speaking about education, immigration, and energy policy.

Bush did not address Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty programs, about which Ronald Reagan once famously quipped, "We had a war on poverty, and poverty won."

Instead, he was referencing Johnson's mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

He vowed to approach the presidency as "master of the Senate," as biographer Robert Caro described Johnson.

�He went and he cajoled, he begged, he threatened, he loved, he hugged, he did what leaders do, which is they personally get engaged to make something happen,�� Bush said of Johnson. Bush cited Caro's latest book about Johnson, The Passage of Power, which covers the first part of Johnson's presidency.

Jeb does seem to have a way of stepping in it from time to time.
A bit tone deaf. Reminds me of Mitt. Neither one will ever be able to convince conservatives of much of anything.

Jeb may well have a more conservative record that Mitt, but there will be other governors in the race with better records.

And with a much better conservative message. A message that will reach out and touch the middle as well.

To win like Reagan can still be done again. The last two mid-term elections proved that the demographics are still there.

Jeb and Mitt and their part of the GOP will never understand that.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Jeb Bush another moderate POS America does not need. Might as well call Jeb Obusha. Are some of you brainless people ever going to learn the lesson?

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The rovite drumbeat is beginning to get louder. They would much rather lose every election with their "electable" RINOs who seem to be much more unelectable than to seek a stronger conservative who will not be completely disgusting to the base. They have created a muddy rut so deep it may doom us to the real progressives for a very long time.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well put olufinn, sadly well put.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeb Bush and Bill O'Reilly go hand in glove politically.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
Don't know much about Jeb Bush this side of the pond..

What sort of reputation does he have? Did he achieve power on the shirt tails of his dad and elder brother, or is a savvy Politian in his own right?

Pete, Jeb was a two term governor of Florida. Consensus is, that he did a bang up job in that capacity. He created jobs, lowered taxes, pushed for insurance reform, boosted education, held unions in check, boosted tourism, helped new industry to come to Florida, and gave us the Nation's first real CCW law.

That said, even then, he was pro "immigration reform", is married to a Mexican, does not seem able to manage his own family (lots of drug problems), and favored expanding government.

While he may well have been great for Florida, as the Governor, I am not really for him in the Presidential role.

Thanks for the summary Sam..at this stage of your election, we don't really get any in-depth background info on the potential candidates...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Same problem on this side of the pond...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm quite okay with Jeb opening his mouth and revealing a fool. Quite ok with any politician doing that. I want them to reveal who they really are.

Jeb isn't in my top 10 of people I'd vote for President

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A little early to get our panties in a wad. Remember, nominees are chosen mostly in state primaries by people who actually vote in those primaries. So go vote in your primary and then for God's sake in the general election instead of staying home and bitching.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'm quite okay with Jeb opening his mouth and revealing a fool. Quite ok with any politician doing that. I want them to reveal who they really are.

Jeb isn't in my top 10 of people I'd vote for President
Pretty close.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Jeb increased the state budget 57% during his tenure. Sounds like a small gubbermint RINO progressive POS to me.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
How you gonna 'splain this stuff to "your" base?
________

February 16, 2013 9:09:33 AM

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would strive to be like Lyndon Johnson, the Democrat famous for expanding the U.S. welfare state through the "Great Society," if he were elected president.

According to the Miami Herald, Bush made those comments Wednesday night in San Antonio, Florida at Saint Leo University, while speaking about education, immigration, and energy policy.

Bush did not address Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty programs, about which Ronald Reagan once famously quipped, "We had a war on poverty, and poverty won."

Instead, he was referencing Johnson's mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

He vowed to approach the presidency as "master of the Senate," as biographer Robert Caro described Johnson.

�He went and he cajoled, he begged, he threatened, he loved, he hugged, he did what leaders do, which is they personally get engaged to make something happen,�� Bush said of Johnson. Bush cited Caro's latest book about Johnson, The Passage of Power, which covers the first part of Johnson's presidency.

https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/jeb/

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
why doesnt he just run as Hillarys veep?

Really that actually would be a good idea. We need to get rid of the pretense that the Republican Party and Democratic Party are any different in a substantial way(if only the Republicans were what the Democrats made them out to be!). This way we can finally have a third party that is of the people.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Jeb Bush is to the left of Mitt Romney....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.