Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Cheap gas is good for the economy as a whole. I too think high gas had a lot to do with the crash.

So, really in the grand scheme of things, who cares if it puts some of our small producers out of business? When they all die out and oil goes up again, they'll be back. Oil has always been an up and down business. I know guys who have been multi-millionaires and flat busted (worse than that really as that they were in a lot of debt) several different times in the oil bidness.

In the grand scheme of things $2 gas for about five years would do more for the economy than anything the Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else could ever do.

From CNN:
"Some companies won't survive the oil meltdown"
see: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/16/investing/oil-fall-shale-impact/index.html?iid=HP_LN

So, just more of the government propaganda that keeps telling us that inflation is a good thing and that the real buggabear for the economy is deflation. Of course, it neglects to tell you that government is dependent on easy money and inflation in order to inflate its way out of the debt, no matter how such a course hurts the average rank and file American.

GB4

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by SandBilly
We are adding two rigs next month, just in my area, from 7-9.

I have read that our ability to refine crud is also an issue. If gas is cheaper, people will use more of it--spreading the money saved among other sectors of the economy. Does the U.S. have the ability keep up with demand (refineries)?

"Does the U.S. have the ability keep up with demand (refineries)? "

The US (refining industry) has traditionally run its refineries at very near full capacity (generally in the 90+% range); therefore there is only a slim reserve capacity. If demand peaks rapidly, the only way to get refined produce is by importing it.

see: http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_unc_dcu_nus_m.htm

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
$2.10 in South GA. I'm taking a Christmas trip. I actually have money to spend on something other than fuel. Hope the economy can survive. sick

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Cheap gas is good for the economy as a whole. I too think high gas had a lot to do with the crash.

So, really in the grand scheme of things, who cares if it puts some of our small producers out of business? When they all die out and oil goes up again, they'll be back. Oil has always been an up and down business. I know guys who have been multi-millionaires and flat busted (worse than that really as that they were in a lot of debt) several different times in the oil bidness.

In the grand scheme of things $2 gas for about five years would do more for the economy than anything the Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else could ever do.

From CNN:
"Some companies won't survive the oil meltdown"
see: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/16/investing/oil-fall-shale-impact/index.html?iid=HP_LN

And others will emerge and thrive. Wealth is a closed loop, eventually it finds other avenues back to the source.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
$1.98 in South GA

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Curious. Anyone here invest in big oil?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Curious. Anyone here invest in big oil?

Big Oil ????? I usually work for Little Oil, what about us !!???!!!??

Enlisted Men are Stupid, but Extremely Sly and Cunning, and bear Considerable Watching.

US Army Officers Manual of 1894
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,896
Posts18,479,248
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.