G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gitem_12
They are a prick and an azzhole just because they wrote you a ticket?

Yep.

So then you must have been a prick and an azzhole that did something to warrant the ticket. Otherwise you just wouldn't have been stopped

Yeah, those 'big crimes' like expired plate, no seatbelt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. Real prick and a$$hole stuff. Real bad guy stuff.

And I bet you had no idea that plat was expired, and just took off your seatbelt to adjust your wallet, and didn't see that speed sign huh? How many times a day do you think a traffic cop hears those excuses?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because someone is doing their job does not make them a prick or an azzhole.

Being a prick and an a$$hole by how they 'choose' to do their job makes them a prick and an a$$hole. You have stated that you choose to do your cop job differently...better...actually serving the working public/taxpayers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They just want to help people, catch bad guys or in the case of the narcissists...have power. We know the public is largely supportive of us and that the dickheads who don't are in the super minority.

But lurking on the roads and writing traffic tickets to commuters isn't helping people or catching bad guys. It's simply generating revenue for the government. Expired plates, no seat belt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. If cops came across to working people/taxpayers as simply wanting to help people and catch bad guys, I think a lot of the public perception of cops from those folks in particular would be way more positive than it is.

You know why we are there? Because some other tax payer called and complained about the traffic at that intersection/roadway. Someone's daughter/wife/son almost got hit there and they want something done.

It usually goes well until you ticket the person that called and complained.

Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Just because someone is doing their job does not make them a prick or an azzhole.

Being a prick and an a$$hole by how they 'choose' to do their job makes them a prick and an a$$hole. You have stated that you choose to do your cop job differently...better...actually serving the working public/taxpayers.

Next time cry and/or offer to show your tits...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know troopers who work traffic and have one of the above "traffic" jobs. They write everybody they stop. But you've really fugged up if they stop you. One i know won't stop for a speed less than 70 in a 55 and 80 in a 65...

Those are pretty loose parameters. I can appreciate those. And I appreciate cops who choose to work that way.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And how should they choose to do their job?, which by the way is to enforce traffic laws

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I bet you had no idea that plate was expired, and just took off your seatbelt to adjust your wallet, and didn't see that speed sign huh? How many times a day do you think a traffic cop hears those excuses?

That's just the point gitem...it's nothing more than a money grab. So what if a plate is expired...? Go catch a real bad guy. So what if I didn't wear my seatbelt....? The flippin' government don't care...they just use it as an excuse to extort more money from people. And you just said some cops give leeway's of 15 mph over the speed limit...! It's nothing more than collecting revenue for the government. It's not helping people, and it's not catching bad guys. And there's a bunch of cops...not you..,who are willing to extort that money from the public no matter how minor the infraction is in the scheme of things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And how should they choose to do their job?, which by the way is to enforce traffic laws

By having the same type of attitude that you've described for yourself when performing your job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
You know why we are there? Because some other tax payer called and complained about the traffic at that intersection/roadway. Someone's daughter/wife/son almost got hit there and they want something done.

What does expired plate or no seatbelt have to do with any of what you just said...? Nobody minds if you're there...be there...! If your visible presence there will make a dangerous intersection safer, then be there. But extorting money from working people/taxpayers isn'takinh anything safer. It's just making those people in particular dislike cops in general because of the ones that gitem said see it as the whole scope of their job to enforce traffic laws.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
No, I'm not a cop and never have been.

Wow...who'd a guessed? Thanks for the advice.

Hey, chief, hold on for a minute. Nowhere have I said anything that would cause anybody with any sense at all to read "advice to cops." I simply stated things I would do if I were a cop. And my disclaimer is really me doing some high tech bragging as I have always held an honest productive job and never been so useless that I had or even wanted to be a burden to the taxpayers. So what is wrong with what I had to say? If what I said was intended as advice to cops, where do you find fault?

Really, you are going to have to do better on your attempt to make me look foolish as you did a very poor job of it and you have a lot of hangers-on here that are depending on you to be their fearless leader and really come up with something great. I see that Dinky stood up as one of your followers which is not a surprise but Blew, I thought, was pretty much his own man up until a few months ago. Should you ever make a sharp right turn without signalling first there are going to be a bunch of these guys suffering from broken noses. Be careful.

So now how about playing the part of a mature adult, if possible, and point out the wrong statements? Your admirers just might profit from you doing that.

Carry on.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Next time cry and/or offer to show your tits...

Does that work...?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

What does expired plate or no seatbelt have to do with any of what you just said...? Nobody minds if you're there...be there...! If your visible presence there will make a dangerous intersection safer, then be there. But extorting money from working people/taxpayers isn'takinh anything safer. It's just making those people in particular dislike cops in general because of the ones that gitem said see it as the whole scope of their job to enforce traffic laws.

Do you know why most people have expired plates?.........cause they don't have insurance and can't get them renewed (here anyway). You want to hear people squall wait until they hit by a uninsured motorist.

Seat belt law (also our helment law) was made by congress. Made by the people that were elected by the people. I don't exactly agree with them but have to enforce them. When people complain about getting a ticket for them I tell to contact thier congressman.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Mac...I think (in hindsight) 25 would be a good starting point."

I noticed from an earlier post that you became a cop "as soon as you could". That's why the hindsight.

A salesman has plenty of experience as a buyer. He brings that to his job. An engineer spends a good bit of his life dealing with problems[think automobile] caused by other engineers. Doctors get sick and hurt.

A cop who's entire adult life has been as a cop, has never seen the other side "of the counter". He's never been subjected to the arrogance and B.S. some cops display on a regular basis, or been physically mistreated AFTER the cuffs are on, just for fun.

You guys inhabit a world pretty much immune from mistreatment by the others in your profession.

I can't think of another field of employment like that.

Hell, even Lawyers get sued by other Lawyers.

I laced em up at 28. Being a cop never crossed my mind till I was about 27.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They just want to help people, catch bad guys or in the case of the narcissists...have power. We know the public is largely supportive of us and that the dickheads who don't are in the super minority.

But lurking on the roads and writing traffic tickets to commuters isn't helping people or catching bad guys. It's simply generating revenue for the government. Expired plates, no seat belt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. If cops came across to working people/taxpayers as simply wanting to help people and catch bad guys, I think a lot of the public perception of cops from those folks in particular would be way more positive than it is.

Sadly a lot of that traffic enforcement is demanded by the public. The sheer number of speeding and driving complaints that get called in would boggle the average mind.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll bet the majority of cops are. Hell I got stopped last week. I was in a hurry and had a rental car. Not paying attention and was definitely going like hell. Saw the flashing lights, pulled over turned the interior light on, placed my hands on the steering wheel until the officer walked up. He said hello "I said I was probably going a bit to fast, i'm sorry. I have to work later tonight and just wasn't paying attention". Hsi response to me was thank you for your honesty, you just set the tone for how this interaction is going to go. He asked for my license and reg. I said sir This is a rental i'm not sure there is a registration but i'll look(there was) then I said Sir, I have a pistol permit and am carrying, it's on my right hip, my wallet is in my right back pocket i'm going to reach back and get my wallet I just want you to be aware of the firearm. He said thank you for being honest. I handed him my licnese and asked him how much the fine would be. He said nonticket, just a warning and thanked me for being polite and responding the way I did....but that's about how every encounter with LE i've had had gone...

The flip side is the entire hob scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it a gainst the man for doing his job.

Well of course you didn't get cited for a traffic offense. LE shouldn't be treated the same as civilians as shown here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...officer-gave-citations-misses-trial.html

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seat belt law (also our helment law) was made by congress. Made by the people that were elected by the people. I don't exactly agree with them but have to enforce them. When people complain about getting a ticket for them I tell to contact thier congressman.

You don't 'have' to enforce a chicken$h!t law like that. You 'choose' to do it.
And people question whether or not cops would confiscate private firearms if Congress passed a law requiring them to do so...?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you know why most people have expired plates?.........cause they don't have insurance and can't get them renewed (here anyway). You want to hear people squall wait until they hit by a uninsured motorist.

Dink

So what is the purpose of the Missouri Legislature if the US Congress is actually the source of The Missouri Code of State Regulations?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, I'm not a cop and never have been.

Wow...who'd a guessed? Thanks for the advice.

Hey, chief, hold on for a minute. Nowhere have I said anything that would cause anybody with any sense at all to read "advice to cops." I simply stated things I would do if I were a cop. And my disclaimer is really me doing some high tech bragging as I have always held an honest productive job and never been so useless that I had or even wanted to be a burden to the taxpayers. So what is wrong with what I had to say? If what I said was intended as advice to cops, where do you find fault?

Really, you are going to have to do better on your attempt to make me look foolish as you did a very poor job of it and you have a lot of hangers-on here that are depending on you to be their fearless leader and really come up with something great. I see that Dinky stood up as one of your followers which is not a surprise but Blew, I thought, was pretty much his own man up until a few months ago. Should you ever make a sharp right turn without signalling first there are going to be a bunch of these guys suffering from broken noses. Be careful.

So now how about playing the part of a mature adult, if possible, and point out the wrong statements? Your admirers just might profit from you doing that.

Carry on.

Okay, I can play that game.

If I "wuz" a dickhead with an axe to grind, I wouldn't get on the internet and sound like a little kid, crying because nobody is giving me enough attention. That's not advice...just what I wouldn't do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

You don't 'have' to enforce a chicken$h!t law like that. You 'choose' to do it.
And people question whether or not cops would confiscate private firearms if Congress passed a law requiring them to do so...?

Lol...only play you had.

Vote wisely....cause laws are made by the people that speak for the people.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bull. You can buy insurance just long enough to get a plate, and then cancel the insurance. If cops were serious about uninsured motorists, they'd have checkpoints daily checking just for proof of insurance. They have drunk driving checkpoints sometimes at night, but how often do they have proof of insurance checkpoints during the day...?
Some people don't register their cars for the same reasons some people don't register their guns.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12savage, 53 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,299
Posts18,505,349
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.