Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Curdog, little mikey here.If you don't want to be regarded as ignorant upgrade the quality of your spiel. The reality you have problems recognizing is that w/out the "rough men" on the walls you, and those like you, would be subject to having the cannibals making your nutsacks into very small purses.

mike r
you're way off mark with that response.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After reading thru this thread, I'm a little flabbergasted to say the least....don't understand all of this hostility toward ANY LEO... especially most of the guys we have here on the campfire...

Well at least they have my respect, and not my condemnation..

I don't like to get pulled over any more than the next guy....

so I have a real novel approach to that solution... I do the darn speed limit...hated it at first, but got use to it after a while..
but I get out on the highway and set the cruise on 5 mph below the speed limit, and pretty much watch the world go by me...yet don't feel I get where I am going any slower.. and it sure is nice not having to worry about being on the look out for a cop cruiser...

and I'll say that about 80% of the time I have ever been pulled over in my life, I got away with a warning... and I admit to having a silver tongued 'secret weapon'.....I show the officer respect, consideration and obedience...yes sir, no sir...

The main problem isn't the LEOs, its the public and their attitudes... its now the ME generations...it wasn't the cops fault you got pulled over... or the cops fault, he had to stop and speak with you...

I assisted an Oregon State Trooper once on top of Mt Ashland, the highest point on I 5 on the west coast.. there was a 20 vehicle pile up, on an ice covered 200 yds of road, due to wind blowing snow across the freeway.... one trooper made it up....

before he got there, I ran over to a trucker and had him use his CB to get other truckers to block the highway, so no more vehicles were coming down...when the trooper got there, I told him I was a military trained Paramedic, and had just moved from MN, so I was equipped to be out in the cold... Californians were up there in flip flops shorts and t shirts, in the middle of winter, and out side their wreaked cars....

I assisted him and helped him contain the situation and provided first aid to those that needed it...

Then I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ, and let them know what a professional the Trooper was, and how he avoided the problem getting any worse...

What shocked me was the response from that letter... the first line of it was "thank you, we don't hardly ever see a letter like this...."

The public can certainly call or write to bitch, but not many feel inclined to praise the professionalism of LEOs....

yeah like everything, there is a certain percentage of officers that are AHoles.... but ya know, on the flip side of the coin, I think there is even a greater percentage of the general public that are AHoles...and the LEO have to deal with them and still maintain a professional demeanor...

I couldn't be an LEO, but I certainly respect the ones that have to put on the uniform daily and go out and do an unthankful job,, protecting an ungrateful public...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Curdog, little mikey here.If you don't want to be regarded as ignorant upgrade the quality of your spiel. The reality you have problems recognizing is that w/out the "rough men" on the walls you, and those like you, would be subject to having the cannibals making your nutsacks into very small purses.

mike r

"rough men" on the walls"......... .

You gotta be schittin' me.

Go find DINK and swap war stories. It's OK to invent them.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
After reading thru this thread, I'm a little flabbergasted to say the least....don't understand all of this hostility toward ANY LEO... especially most of the guys we have here on the campfire...

Well at least they have my respect, and not my condemnation..

I don't like to get pulled over any more than the next guy....

so I have a real novel approach to that solution... I do the darn speed limit...hated it at first, but got use to it after a while..
but I get out on the highway and set the cruise on 5 mph below the speed limit, and pretty much watch the world go by me...yet don't feel I get where I am going any slower.. and it sure is nice not having to worry about being on the look out for a cop cruiser...

and I'll say that about 80% of the time I have ever been pulled over in my life, I got away with a warning... and I admit to having a silver tongued 'secret weapon'.....I show the officer respect, consideration and obedience...yes sir, no sir...

The main problem isn't the LEOs, its the public and their attitudes... its now the ME generations...it wasn't the cops fault you got pulled over... or the cops fault, he had to stop and speak with you...

I assisted an Oregon State Trooper once on top of Mt Ashland, the highest point on I 5 on the west coast.. there was a 20 vehicle pile up, on an ice covered 200 yds of road, due to wind blowing snow across the freeway.... one trooper made it up....

before he got there, I ran over to a trucker and had him use his CB to get other truckers to block the highway, so no more vehicles were coming down...when the trooper got there, I told him I was a military trained Paramedic, and had just moved from MN, so I was equipped to be out in the cold... Californians were up there in flip flops shorts and t shirts, in the middle of winter, and out side their wreaked cars....

I assisted him and helped him contain the situation and provided first aid to those that needed it...

Then I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ, and let them know what a professional the Trooper was, and how he avoided the problem getting any worse...

What shocked me was the response from that letter... the first line of it was "thank you, we don't hardly ever see a letter like this...."

The public can certainly call or write to bitch, but not many feel inclined to praise the professionalism of LEOs....

yeah like everything, there is a certain percentage of officers that are AHoles.... but ya know, on the flip side of the coin, I think there is even a greater percentage of the general public that are AHoles...and the LEO have to deal with them and still maintain a professional demeanor...

I couldn't be an LEO, but I certainly respect the ones that have to put on the uniform daily and go out and do an unthankful job,, protecting an ungrateful public...

As long as both sides use the it's them, not me, then status quo will remain the rule. I do understand that status quo is what many actually want in the first place.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seafire, you obviously ain't met Dink

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243

I'll bet you haven't met him either. I'll aslo bet you are your own worst nenemy when it cones to interaction with LE.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Dink, of all the douchebag cops I've conversed with on gun site's you are the #1 douche of them all. I hope you enjoy you status, and I hope one day to be able to hear about someone giving you what you so richly deserve. I really hope I get to read about it.

Awwwww...did I hurt your feelings again?

I have no doubt you would have to read about someone doing something to me. Guys like you sit around and have to read about everything cause you never done anything....

Dink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I'll bet you haven't met him either. I'll aslo bet you are your own worst nenemy when it cones to interaction with LE.

Nah, I get along with 'em fine around here, they're not arrogant little pricks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DINK
Dink, of all the douchebag cops I've conversed with on gun site's you are the #1 douche of them all. I hope you enjoy you status, and I hope one day to be able to hear about someone giving you what you so richly deserve. I really hope I get to read about it.

Guys like you sit around and have to read about everything cause you never done anything....

Dink

Your an idiot, I forgot more about doing real [bleep] than your little punk ass will ever know.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hey Curdog, apparently that upgrade didn't take. Try again.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mirage 243, you just qualified yourself as a genuine internet tough guy.

mike r.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't judge the actions of any LEO unless it is happening to you. You should wait till the results of the investigation to pass judgement. Just look at all the idiots who believed the lies about George Zimmerman. You shouldn't join their stupidity.

[Linked Image from ]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ConradCA
You can't judge the actions of any LEO unless it is happening to you. You should wait till the results of the investigation to pass judgement. Just look at all the idiots who believed the lies about George Zimmerman. You shouldn't join their stupidity.

The 'lies" about Zimmerman actually weren't lies at all. He murdered that kid.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA

I think Zimmerman was innocent, that said - I believe the public at large can and should judge the actions of LEOs. Public Servants...

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The kid had every right to be there, he was minding his own business as well. Zimmerman, a wanna be tough guy (only when he's armed) confronted the kid and the kid likely told him to F off. So Zimmerman likely grabbed him and bit off more than he could chew and was getting the sxxt smacked out of him in a fight he started. So Zimmerman finds this unacceptable and pulls out his metal courage and shoots a 17 year old. No biggy though as he was black and....well...you know.

Zimmerman was for sure guilty of a manslaughter charge.

How many of you having Son's that age, who came home and told you Zimmerman beat them up on the way home and actually shot him, wouldn't grab your sidearm and tell the misses "I'll be back in a minute"

Tavon never got that chance to tell his side. He wasn't a bad kid and not much different from many 17 year olds with a little weed issue, skipping school but nothing more than that.

Thomas Jefferson

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Harry M

Tavon never got that chance to tell his side. He wasn't a bad kid and not much different from many 17 year olds with a little weed issue, skipping school but nothing more than that.

You may want to google his juvenile record for the robbery/burglary issues, along with the stolen items found in his possession at school.

But don't let that stop you, you are on a roll...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, watch it. He's a chemist. He's real, real smart.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You still sticking with that gay guy avatar eh....

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
So what does one suppose happens when a George Zimmerman gets to be a Cop....

Thomas Jefferson

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,290
Posts18,505,220
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.