Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Harry M
And I am arrogant and inept? Wow...alright.

That was in reference to academia. The epicenter of arrogant ineptitude.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

OMG...is everyone here today going to make my case for me today?
Did you read what you just said?

It shows that you believe that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE A POLICE STATE IF YOU GET PISSED OFF AND ALL

That's the problem if even police managers can all walk off and say screw you people, you do what we tell you to do and keep your pucking mouths shut.

You can't allow this, you can't have any local, state or federal police force thinking this is acceptable for criss sakes.

1. A higher educated police department won't think like this.

2. A higher compensated police department won't think like this.

3. A non union police department won't be allowed to believe we are bigger than those we serve and we will shut the place down to prove it.

Who are you? Michael Corleone..."do you know who I am"

laugh

Some astounding ignorance on display here. I feel like I need to stand and applaud! Wow!

Let's break this down...

It shows that you believe that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE A POLICE STATE IF YOU GET PISSED OFF AND ALL

I guess education hasn't taught you that typing in all caps doesn't make your case stronger. Rather, it makes you look more desperate. A sure sign of a failed premise.

Anyways, my scenario does nothing of the sort. It only demonstrates the depravity of man.

I've been to lots of places around the world with no organized law enforcement. Talk about lost liberty, you should check them out...

That's the problem if even police managers can all walk off and say screw you people,

But this is perfectly fine with any other job, right?

you do what we tell you to do and keep your pucking mouths shut.

You mean, you do what your elected officials, representing you, have told us to tell you to do.

1. A higher educated police department won't think like this.

2. A higher compensated police department won't think like this.

3. A non union police department won't be allowed to believe we are bigger than those we serve and we will shut the place down to prove it.

1. Wrong
2. Wrong
3. Public Unions are the devil.

Education and higher paychecks don't remove the depravity of man. Consider our Government. It's full of the highest educated, richly compensated people in the World. A lot of good that does...

Geeezzz Man...the wheels are coming off your wagon.

I've given specific examples of your proposal failing, and my wheels are coming off?

I take it back, you do have a bit of arrogance going on...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are police departments that do require a 4 year degree as a condition of being hired. Lots of them. From local to the Federal level.

You're thought experiment is a failure.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even places that will not waive said degree for Military experience.

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My statements are there, your statements are there. They can be judged as they stand.

You made no defense of your direct statement to shut down the police for two weeks. I believe you realized what you said came out Freudian.

Now you wish to veer of into a straw man's arguement which ain't happening.

I don't fall for diversionary fire.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NJ was in hot water lately for paying police officers in excess of $200k.

Just how much do you propose they should make to fix the issue?

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
http://blog.discoverpolicing.org/un...llege-degree-to-become-a-police-officer/

Only ~1 % require it. And even most police organizations support higher education for police.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Harry's chemistry BS... grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My statements are there, your statements are there. They can be judged as they stand.

You made no defense of your direct statement to shut down the police for two weeks. I believe you realized what you said came out Freudian.

Now you wish to veer of into a straw man's arguement which ain't happening.

I don't fall for diversionary fire.

First, I proposed one week. Not two. My statement is clear on that. It also wasn't a shut down. It's a vacation.

Freudian? I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Straw man? I'm specifically addressing your premises.

Like you said, your comments are there to be judged. As are mine.

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I believe that was over port authority "police" and corruption within the port authority.

A non union force allows the weeding of such hacks.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Harry's chemistry BS... grin

Well, in my defense at least I can actually conduct a viable lab experiment....

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm done. Yall enjoy banging your head against the wall.

If Harry finds a way for tiny little towns with no crime to pay what I'm making now, more power to him. I'll leave here and head for Mayberry.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Some interesting ideas here........

One thing I find funny is people referring to LEO and civilians as if they are separate. Cops are civilians, just like plumbers, mailmen, and my accountant. It's a job. Many try to make it more, but it is not.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I believe that was over port authority "police" and corruption within the port authority.

A non union force allows the weeding of such hacks.

Um, no...

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/11/obscenely_high_police_salaries_wheres_the_political_outrage/

We agree on the union issues. Removing the unions won't fix this though. It'll save a lot of money for the tax payer though. I'm for that.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Some interesting ideas here........

One thing I find funny is people referring to LEO and civilians as if they are separate. Cops are civilians, just like plumbers, mailmen, and my accountant. It's a job. Many try to make it more, but it is not.

Yep! You have to define your enemy as not one of you if you are to castigate them.

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think ol Hairy is just having some fun playing contrarian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To the cop haters and admirers, back up a few pages, take your time and read Varmitsinc's post. He tells it like it is and I am glad to say that he is a good friend of mine. We need more like him.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
To the cop haters and admirers, back up a few pages, take your time and read Varmitsinc's post. He tells it like it is and I am glad to say that he is a good friend of mine. We need more like him.

I read it. It was a well written post describing the typical encounters of the typical cop on any given day. Ask him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
HarryM's argument essentially consists of stomping his feet and shouting, "If everything were magically exactly the way I want it, they'd be better!.....Reality be danged."

Actually, he just trotted out the same tired liberal tax-and-spend pony, along with a healthy dose of union bashing and assertions that more education will magically transform all cops into whatever he imagines they should be in his wonderfully delusional utopian vision.

Here's a thought for you, Harry. Put down your chemistry set and go through the LAPD Academy, and then spend a couple of years patrolling East LA and Watts. Then report back.

Unless you're willing to do that, you might want to tone down your insistence that you have all the answers. The only thing you've convinced anyone of here is the fact that you don't even know the real questions.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Not going to chime in about Zimmerman and just wanted to share my thoughts on LE in general. I was in LE for 12 years, out for 10 and now back in and I can see how the world has changed. The bad guys are different and more importantly societies failure to hold them accountable for their actions is even more disturbing.

Ten years ago if someone ran from you and you duked it out at the end and it was what it was, a nasty fight then ended up with someone in handcuffs, they took their lumps and did not bitch. There was nothing extra given at the end but I am not shy about using reasonable force to get those cuffs on.

A few days ago my partner and I were making a warrant service at a hotel and had a guy come walking out of the room with a gun in his pocket. I told him to turn around and keep his hands up and the fight was on. He was cuffed and still trying to reach around to his front pocket for the gun so I dropped a full power brachial stun on him that ended it. I secured the gun and he came around a few seconds later screaming to everyone the cops were beating a handcuffed man. Your damn right I hit a cuffed suspect and if a witness was standing at the wrong angle they would not see me pull the gun out of his pocket or what started the fight. They would just be all over the news screaming how the cops beat handcuffed people because we are monsters. Turns out he had just shot someone in the hallway about 10 minutes before we got there. All the way to the jail he was demanding medical attention because we "broke his legs". The night before he had been tweaked out on meth and jumped out a second story window for unknown reasons. He also accused us of planting the gun on him, stopping him for no reason, attacking him etc. The average badguy now thinks everything is the cops fault and refuses to take any responsibility for their actions.

And in case someone asks, yes I would have been absolutely justified in shooting him a couple of times during the fight but I didnt. I keep a use of force log as well as a non-use of force log. In the last year I have had 13 incidents where I could have used deadly force per policy and the law but I didnt. Do you think the public will hear about any of those times I did not pull the trigger?

I am also convinced some issues we face everyday are true "no-win" circumstance. Wanna guess what a high collision factor is for the last 5 or 6 fatal accidents I have worked? You would be right if you said cell phones. If I pull someone over for using a handheld device and give a ticket I am a total dick, but you cannot imagine the level of complaints because the police are not writing enough cell phone tickets. Even better is when I am already going to a call and sitting at a light and having a car next to me frantically waving to get my attention that someone else is using a cell phone. Sorry, as much as I would like to pull them over and educate them on how distracted driving creates accidents I need to go handle my call as well as the other calls still holding. I know recently an editorial was published about how cops are lazy and dont do anything all day simply because there was no major case posted in the paper that day. On a four day work week I average one actual lunch break and a couple of stops so I can pee before I explode.

And someone wanted to address dumb laws like registering vehicles, seatbelts etc. Well I can tell you it is a pure pleasure (sarcasm in case someone cannot detect it) to go to an accident where the lack of a seatbelt turned a non or minor injury accident into a major injury. After all we need to keep the trauma centers busy. Also a pretty solid guess that those who dont wear seatbelts tend to rely on the government for medical treatment and will never see a bill that the community as a whole will now have to pay. Please no more complaining about paying for registration since those funds go towards things like actually repairing streets, snowplows, sanding streets etc. I never figured how people somehow feel they are exempt because they dont want to pay for registration.

I have people complain all the time about registration or why they dont have insurance because it is to expensive. I explain that they are correct, cars are expensive and being a car owner goes beyond being able to put gas in the tank. Bikes are much cheaper to operate and dont require gas or insurance but nobody wants to hear that.

I see the media blitz on some topics and want to cringe, I personally refrain from commenting on those issues from the context that I was not there to see and fully experience the events. I was not the one getting punched, trying to develop a super power to see in the dark, or the strength to somehow subdue this guy with minimal injury to self or suspect.

I hear complaints we are over paid but to those not in the business I ask a simple question, what would you charge? I sat down with a reporter recently about salaries and asked him what he would charge and he mentioned a reasonable salary. Then I described the calls from the day before to include holdup alarms, a man with a gun casing a gas station, a transient that took a crap in the middle of a restaurant lobby, the same transient crapping in my car on the way to jail, a warrant service ending in a fence jumping foot pursuit, three domestic disturbances, four kids left in a motel room all day with no food while their parents were out getting drunk, a complaint from a driver that deliberately went the wrong way on a one way street for easier access to a parking spot and was mad I actually wrote him a citation and a lunch break that lasted 4 minutes because other officers were calling emergency traffic for a man with a gun. All of a sudden he did not feel real confident about doing the job for the salary he quoted. Sure there are days when nothing happens, all the bad guys are sleeping in, there are free donuts on every corner and I appreciate it when it happens. Then there are the days when I have to text my wife and let her know about an incident the news is going to cover and that I am in one piece. She has even gotten a sense of humor to ask if I am really in one piece or sitting in the trauma center in mostly one piece.

Sorry for the rant/soapbox moment but I will leave with this quote.

"There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we'are too afraid, too unskilled or to civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our homes and out of our faces. We just dont want to see how it is done."
-Charles H. Webb-

Having waded through this thread, I find this post to be very well composed and informative. I think it puts into perspective what you guys deal with day in/day out. Kudos, and thank you for what you do - you (and the majority of LEO's out there) have my respect.

Last edited by JGray; 12/23/14.
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,784
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.