Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Harry M
Boston is a bit out of control so take it with a grain of salt

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/05/06/police_pay_can_exceed_250k/

And the median income of a patrol officer is 56K a year

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Remember that they only report "base ranges" not actual W2's.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Seafire

Obama cut the O&C Funds, that this county and many other Oregon Counties had relied on for 50 plus years....

The stuff Seafire talks about in Josephine County Oregon is easily researched and is the gospel truth.

Yep, just like Seafire said, Obama went out of his way to destroy that sheriff's office:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-23-antidrugfunds_N.htm

"Sheriffs brace for cut in anti-drug funds
Posted 2/23/2008"

"Sheriff Gil Gilbertson of Josephine County in southwest Oregon said pending cuts in Byrne money and in federal
payments made to counties to offset the loss of timber revenues have essentially disbanded the Josephine
Interagency Narcotics Team (JOINT).
"We've just withdrawn from JOINT," he said. "There's no funding. And we know the (Mexican) cartels are at
work."
The Bush administration has argued that the program should end because crime is down and the money is needed
elsewhere. That assessment clashes with reports from many states of record hauls of drugs, especially
methamphetamine and marijuana, and increased activity by drug gangs."

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Here's a site that actually has references and not a "this site is under development"

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Police-Officer-l-Massachusetts.html

Again, shows the median income around 55K

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That information is so bogus! When stating officer salary they always include the value of health insurance, retirement pay accrued, not having to pay fines/court/insurance costs associated with 10 high speed tickets per week, and similar other benefits. The actual officer pay is less than waiter/waitress minimum wage and then taxes are taken out of that.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Very, very difficult to get anything more out of them that the listed min/mean/max in the contracts. The W2's tell the real story, at least here.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/data_from_salary_database_of_m.html

Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The problem with that is that it doesn't break down base salary and overtime pay

I have a friend who is a road trooper and works double shifts and every Holliday. He makes around 150K a year but his base salary is around 63K his OT, Holiday and Shift diff. Make up the rest.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
http://theden.tv/2014/01/07/theres-something-about-josephine-county-oregon/

This is what its like with no police protection...

in fact, if anyone remembers, we hit the national news and even had an op ed by O'Reilly, when a local gal had her BF beat her up, and she called the cops on him for domestic abuses....

but since the county had no money to jail him, he was released and he promptly went back and killed her...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
I'm not a cop but I have law enforement friends all over the country & they work their butts off trying to do a good job. Most of them could make more money with a lot less stress doing something else but they choose to stay

Most are complete control freaks...that's why they stay.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
http://theden.tv/2014/01/07/theres-something-about-josephine-county-oregon/

This is what its like with no police protection...

in fact, if anyone remembers, we hit the national news and even had an op ed by O'Reilly, when a local gal had her BF beat her up, and she called the cops on him for domestic abuses....

but since the county had no money to jail him, he was released and he promptly went back and killed her...

You could have just copied and pasted my post from above to show how bad things are and why.

Originally Posted By: GreatWaputi
Originally Posted By: Seafire

Obama cut the O&C Funds, that this county and many other Oregon Counties had relied on for 50 plus years....

The stuff Seafire talks about in Josephine County Oregon is easily researched and is the gospel truth.

Yep, just like Seafire said, Obama went out of his way to destroy that sheriff's office:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-23-antidrugfunds_N.htm

"Sheriffs brace for cut in anti-drug funds
Posted 2/23/2008"

"Sheriff Gil Gilbertson of Josephine County in southwest Oregon said pending cuts in Byrne money and in federal
payments made to counties to offset the loss of timber revenues have essentially disbanded the Josephine
Interagency Narcotics Team (JOINT).
"We've just withdrawn from JOINT," he said. "There's no funding. And we know the (Mexican) cartels are at
work."
The Bush administration has argued that the program should end because crime is down and the money is needed
elsewhere. That assessment clashes with reports from many states of record hauls of drugs, especially
methamphetamine and marijuana, and increased activity by drug gangs."

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,259
Posts18,504,801
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.