-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The new catch phrase that police are using during confrontations is: Don't make me fear for my safety

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Why does everybody have to be taken to the ground? Do handcuffs only work after being thrown or tackled to the ground?

A buddy of mine who was a police officer told me about 25 years ago that cuffing anyone is a very difficult situation to do alone when they refuse.

-Ken

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by seal_billy
And of course we all know the media shows good cops on tv and in the papers too right. Its their job to post every dirty tid bit of bad policing, it helps their ratings.

Thats kind of what I think.

Just like the military. How often do you hear about the troops doing good things for folks in the schittholes we are fighting in? Its always the negative stuff outweighs the good by at least 50 to 1.

Cops have a tough job. I havent had a bad experience with one. But then again, but I dont give them a reason to beat on me.

Actually, most tv programs/movies show police accurately by portraying them as all knowing and heroic. Same thing with military personnel. Sounds like you 2 need to watch Youtube less and mainstream TV's and movies more.

With you there on perps always have it coming. Here is Oklahoma Capt. Brown advising the "ladies" who are whining about getting raped by OK officers to start obeying traffic laws if they don't like the treatment they brought on themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYNdqwx3LU

With any luck we will get rid of Posse Comitatus before you retire so you can get in on that too.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Cops have a tough job. I havent had a bad experience with one. But then again, but I dont give them a reason to beat on me.

I had plenty of bad experiences with them when I was young & had a bad attitude. Once ended up with a couple of broken ribs.
Give them the courtesy & respect that you would any other person & you'll likely never have a problem. I heartily agree that they have a tough job to do & know for a fact that I'd never make it as a LEO...too many cameras nowadays...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I had plenty of bad experiences with them when I was young & had a bad attitude. Once ended up with a couple of broken ribs.
Give them the courtesy & respect that you would any other person & you'll likely never have a problem. I heartily agree that they have a tough job to do & know for a fact that I'd never make it as a LEO...too many cameras nowadays...

You would do fine. You still won't get punished for what happens, just sometimes have to suffer the indignity of not seeing the perp off to prison when your claims of what happened are shown as not having happened on the video.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by seal_billy
And of course we all know the media shows good cops on tv and in the papers too right. Its their job to post every dirty tid bit of bad policing, it helps their ratings.

Just like the military. How often do you hear about the troops doing good things for folks in the schittholes we are fighting in? Its always the negative stuff outweighs the good by at least 50 to 1.

Actually, most tv programs/movies show police accurately by portraying them as all knowing and heroic. Same thing with military personnel. Sounds like you 2 need to watch Youtube less and mainstream TV's and movies more.

With you there on perps always have it coming. Here is Oklahoma Capt. Brown advising the "ladies" who are whining about getting raped by OK officers to start obeying traffic laws if they don't like the treatment they brought on themselves.

With any luck we will get rid of Posse Comitatus before you retire so you can get in on that too.

I dont watch Youtube and I retired over 3 years ago.

Treat people with respect and you will be treated the same way.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp

I dont watch Youtube and I retired over 3 years ago.

Treat people with respect and you will be treated the same way.

Exactly! Sounds like you have had to commit a rape or 2 when someone didn't treat you like you wanted to be treated!

So why are you claiming video shows police looking bad? The only place that happened is on youtube. Mainstream tv news knows it relies on police for news so they don't step on those toes like the POS who put cell phone videos on youtube that run counter to officers' descriptions of events.

Here this guy doesn't do anything the trooper tells him to and keeps advancing on the officer and get shot over it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUUO_VFYMs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Time to ignore another troll!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Time to ignore another troll!

Brother Bart doesn't support you like you want him to.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How many psychiatric disorders has your shrink diagnosed you with, tak?

Worthless F'ing loser.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
How many psychiatric disorders has your shrink diagnosed you with, tak?

Worthless F'ing loser.

How many times can you cut and paste that line?? LOL Since you and I have the same opinions on the same people and groups, what is your problem with me exactly? Are you trying to win someone over and think that my being like you is competition for you in some way?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
but I dont give them a reason to beat on me.

And there it is. To tell the truth I've never had to be arrested or taken to the ground, amazing how easy it is to live a life without drama.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heh, I have had to arrest guys the size of Gunner500 and believe me, if one is going to give you a hard time of it,you do NOT wait for him to make the first move. Let Gunner punch you once and let me know how THAT works for ya. Hell, the hardest people to get cuffs on can be a female 90 lbs soaking wet. But they GOTTA go. It might be a warrant arrest or a summary arrest, but HEY are the ones calling the tune. Once I had to make the arrest I made the arrest. THEY made the choice on whether they went easy or hard. I got to be pretty good at not losing fights. Losers somehow manage to not look so pretty.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The police still don't have the "run away" option.

It sure is effective for cutting back on pain relievers.

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Heh, I have had to arrest guys the size of Gunner500 and believe me, if one is going to give you a hard time of it,you do NOT wait for him to make the first move. Let Gunner punch you once and let me know how THAT works for ya. Hell, the hardest people to get cuffs on can be a female 90 lbs soaking wet. But they GOTTA go. It might be a warrant arrest or a summary arrest, but HEY are the ones calling the tune. Once I had to make the arrest I made the arrest. THEY made the choice on whether they went easy or hard. I got to be pretty good at not losing fights. Losers somehow manage to not look so pretty.

So if someone is larger than you at what point do you start hitting them so they stand no chance of getting the upper hand with you? Is it only when you are arresting them or when you are doing an asset forfeiture also?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Most of us will automatically rebel against anyone that starts assaulting or taking them to the ground. It's a natural thing to do. It's fight or flight and the Law knows just as Psychologist do,that we have it imbedded in our brains that a struggle WILL happen.

Anyone have a link to a medical reference which states this as fact?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tomk
The police still don't have the "run away" option.

Yep, Marshall Kenyon had to arrest the slut once Marshall Fox said to make it so...no going back. If the slut didn't like what was happening she should have taken her case before a judge instead of resisting the officers.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21557505/cover-up-alleged-in-clark-clark-family-court

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Well that didn't work. Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Last edited by RoadRunner65; 12/28/14.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65

Its easy to get all worked up over the thought of thug cops.

But then I think, when was the last time I had a problem with a cop....never. I've even been cuffed a few times in my younger years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65

Its easy to get all worked up over the thought of thug cops.

But then I think, when was the last time I had a problem with a cop....never. I've even been cuffed a few times in my younger years.

Yep, like this woman who was interfering with official police business:

http://www.examiner.com/article/texas-cop-arrested-after-knocking-out-innocent-woman-s-teeth

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,560
Posts18,531,582
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.