Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by rost495
I didn't read the whole thread.

But all I have to say, is if you have to be TOLD to stop resisting, then maybe you get WTF you deserve if you are that damn stupid.

Get yourself in that position and well.... I dunno.

Amazing I've been here almost 50 years and never managed to get into an arrest or even beating from LEO yet.
I don't think anybody here has much sympathy for true lawbreakers. That said, we have seen video after video of abusive police practices. If you have somebody who is laying a beatdown on you when you did nothing wrong you have reason to fear for your life and you certainly have the right to fight back. I don't give a damn what the law says. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or some "protester" from Ferguson. If you think you're gonna be beaten to death, what exactly do you have to lose? You can mealy-mouth it all you want to just like, "why not register guns, the government will never take them because we have the 2nd Amendment,". That doesn't change the facts though. The Nazi's beat and killed plenty of Jews who didn't resist.

I'm not saying all LE are like this, not by a long shot, but the "broad brush" which has been spoken about so much on here, paints both ways.
Yep but its popular to speak of the probably less than 1% incidents and paint them like they are everyday and all the time...

I guess I"m lucky, we have good police where I live. But then again I wouldn't live in any kind of city if at all possible.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

But all I have to say, is if you have to be TOLD to stop resisting, then maybe you get WTF you deserve if you are that damn stupid.

Amazing I've been here almost 50 years and never managed to get into an arrest or even beating from LEO yet.
I don't think anybody here has much sympathy for true lawbreakers. That said, we have seen video after video of abusive police practices. If you have somebody who is laying a beatdown on you when you did nothing wrong you have reason to fear for your life and you certainly have the right to fight back. I don't give a damn what the law says. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or some "protester" from Ferguson. If you think you're gonna be beaten to death, what exactly do you have to lose? You can mealy-mouth it all you want to just like, "why not register guns, the government will never take them because we have the 2nd Amendment,". That doesn't change the facts though. The Nazi's beat and killed plenty of Jews who didn't resist.

I'm not saying all LE are like this, not by a long shot, but the "broad brush" which has been spoken about so much on here, paints both ways.
Yep but its popular to speak of the probably less than 1% incidents and paint them like they are everyday and all the time...

I guess I"m lucky, we have good police where I live. But then again I wouldn't live in any kind of city if at all possible.
The thing is that they are nearly every day anymore. I have no idea what the stats would be if they were available and you could discern them, as to how prevalent this stuff was in the past. Lots of LE think that tazers are a lot better than say, blackjacks, which used to be common. I have no idea. All I know is it pains and scares me to see some mentally unstable kid who was seemingly not a danger to others begging for his dad with his last breaths as he dies from being beaten by police. It further pains me to see some diabetic dude tazed because he's so out of it he can't follow some barking dog's orders and then the cop giggles psychotically when told of the man's affliction. It goes on and on.

I have no sympathy for scofflaws like the Ferguson bandito or the cigarette outlaw in New York. It's too bad they chose the path they were on and it's good that decent LE took them out before they themselves hurt somebody. The crap like yelling "stop resisting" while doing a beatdown on somebody who doesn't deserve it is disquieting though. Whether you believe it or not, it could be you or me or worse yet, one of our kids.

I fear the government a whole lot more than scumbags on the streets. The government is truly organized crime.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I know that simply due to the media access, and the media HUNTING for stuff like this, you can find one every day.

The LEO, IMHO, has come a LONG way since say 50 years ago when beatdowns were a bit more common and covered up, swept under the rugs so to speak.

Today its hard to "get away" with anything.

And then you consider how many contacts are done EVERY 24 hours, vs finding an incident or two a day.

As always I"m not in favor of bad things happening, and no entity or person is perfect, but should try to be as we all should every day.

And yes, it could be me in the next five minutes. It will never be our kids though. But it damn sure could be yours or others.

I suspect that due to the media and the prevalence of cell phones etc... that the numbers have to be down instead of up.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There it is, a little common sense goes a long way. Spot on Jeff.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I've seen a bunch of videos where civilian knuckleheads and regular citizens alike are taken down by officers and it seems like the police officers always yell "STOP RESISTING"!!!
Is it something that the police are taught to do when they start taking someone to the ground or is it because the officers know that they might be recorded on a picture phone?
Most of us will automatically rebel against anyone that starts assaulting or taking them to the ground. It's a natural thing to do. It's fight or flight and the Law knows just as Psychologist do,that we have it imbedded in our brains that a struggle WILL happen.
I guess I should have ask Pat or Blue the last time I hung out with them but I'm a little curious about it.

Sorry I'm late...been hunting. I suspect "stop resisting" is a suggestion made in training in the last several years. I usually said something like "Put your hands behind your [bleep] back, you [bleep] [bleep] or I'm gonna [bleep] kill you."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I usually said something like "Put your hands behind your [bleep] back, you [bleep] [bleep] or I'm gonna [bleep] kill you."

An old Sgt once told me that the bad guys don't really pay attention to what your saying unless you put a "[bleep]" in there somewhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Communication 101...speak to the dumbest guy in the room.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I've seen a bunch of videos where civilian knuckleheads and regular citizens alike are taken down by officers and it seems like the police officers always yell "STOP RESISTING"!!!
Is it something that the police are taught to do when they start taking someone to the ground or is it because the officers know that they might be recorded on a picture phone?
Most of us will automatically rebel against anyone that starts assaulting or taking them to the ground. It's a natural thing to do. It's fight or flight and the Law knows just as Psychologist do,that we have it imbedded in our brains that a struggle WILL happen.
I guess I should have ask Pat or Blue the last time I hung out with them but I'm a little curious about it.

Sorry I'm late...been hunting. I suspect "stop resisting" is a suggestion made in training in the last several years. I usually said something like "Put your hands behind your [bleep] back, you [bleep] [bleep] or I'm gonna [bleep] kill you."

I always figured you for the "Go on and move [bleep], make my day" kind of guy...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suppose my point is that it doesn't matter what you say if the situation justifies it. Or not.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hmm, never thought of LT like that... but think that LT will do what LT needs to do, without much thinking about who GAF

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE
I usually said something like "Put your hands behind your [bleep] back, you [bleep] [bleep] or I'm gonna [bleep] kill you."

An old Sgt once told me that the bad guys don't really pay attention to what your saying unless you put a "[bleep]" in there somewhere.

Thats the whole problem, if the damn LEOs would learn to say "PLEASE" stop resisiting... everyone would listen right away....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RWE

I believe that. And, it would probably translate better youtube then someone just yelling "stop resisting" over and over...Probably a whole lot more effective too.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Thats the whole problem, if the damn LEOs would learn to say "PLEASE" stop resisiting... everyone would listen right away....

What hasn't been mentioned is how the COP'S attitude sometimes changes once the cuffs are on a man who hasn't resisted the arrest and cuffing.

I personally know of a few County Mounties who used to delight in trying to provoke a fight with a guy they had just cuffed with no quarrel whatsoever.

A guy I knew well, a BIG guy, used to get arrested fairly regularly for some drinking related offense. He ALWAYS wound up beat all to hell and it was ALWAYS after he was cuffed.

Yeah, I know....... it don't count since I can't post a video of it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570

A guy I knew well, a BIG guy, used to get arrested fairly regularly for some drinking related offense. He ALWAYS wound up beat all to hell and it was ALWAYS after he was cuffed.

Can't imagine why.
At some point a light bulb should go off -shouldn't it?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Some people are slow learners...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Apparently the 11th time is the charm...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Strong as an ox and damn near as smart.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.