Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It further pains me to see some diabetic dude tazed because he's so out of it he can't follow some barking dog's orders and then the cop giggles psychotically when told of the man's affliction.

"...we had to taser the unconscious guy we found lying on the ground, because he wouldn�t obey our commands to get up.�

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I know is it pains and scares me to see some mentally unstable kid who was seemingly not a danger to others begging for his dad with his last breaths as he dies from being beaten by police.

Most cops don't care what happened to this kid. And most other cops will be supportive of the cops who did this.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Why does everybody have to be taken to the ground? Do handcuffs only work after being thrown or tackled to the ground?
When someone decides to resist arrest you take them to the ground because it is the safest way to subdue them. If you left them on their feet they could use their largest muscles, their legs, to resist. On the ground they can't use them.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The problem here isn't people who are resisting. It is people who aren't resisting and get taken down anyway whilst the cop is yelling at them to quit doing something that they weren't doing anyway. A variant on this is when somebody is doing nothing wrong and they are assaulted by police.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The problem here isn't people who are resisting. It is people who aren't resisting and get taken down anyway whilst the cop is yelling at them to quit doing something that they weren't doing anyway. A variant on this is when somebody is doing nothing wrong and they are assaulted by police.

How many people have you arrested?

I have 15 years experience arresting and putting people into handcuffs. It's been my observation that there is three main types of reactions of arrestees. 1 the mushy: these are the people who start to sob, try and barter their way out of the arrest, or wven start bawling aboit the arrest. The second is the passive resister: these types may tell you "no" while pulling their hands away, almost going into a fetal position, and often incorporate traits of both extremes. The third type, the active resister is the one who's body language, and vocalizations tell you he is likely to fight. Any type can become any of the others very quickly. Personally, at the first hint that someone is going to be combative, I take them to the ground, it's so much easier to control someone there than try and control a kicking, screaming, punching individual

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I have 15 years experience arresting and putting people into handcuffs. It's been my observation that there is three main types of reactions of arrestees. 1 the mushy: these are the people who start to sob, try and barter their way out of the arrest, or wven start bawling aboit the arrest. The second is the passive resister: these types may tell you "no" while pulling their hands away, almost going into a fetal position, and often incorporate traits of both extremes. The third type, the active resister is the one who's body language, and vocalizations tell you he is likely to fight. Any type can become any of the others very quickly. Personally, at the first hint that someone is going to be combative, I take them to the ground, it's so much easier to control someone there than try and control a kicking, screaming, punching individual
Here are yet some more symptoms. No willingness to acknowledge problems, unwillingness to listen, lack of understanding.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
All I know is it pains and scares me to see some mentally unstable kid who was seemingly not a danger to others begging for his dad with his last breaths as he dies from being beaten by police.

Most cops don't care what happened to this kid. And most other cops will be supportive of the cops who did this.

sherp?

You were more lucid when you were arguing gay rights.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Here are yet some more symptoms. No willingness to acknowledge problems, unwillingness to listen, lack of understanding.

I'll ask again. What experience gives you any expertise on how people should be arrested?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'll ask again. What experience gives you any expertise on how people should be arrested?

Don't worry about him. I am sure he also complains about officers raping women they pull over while you are comfortable with using that as a penalty for traffic violations, drug offenses, or the woman just not giving the officer what they deem as the correct level of respect.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers

Well yes. Since you aren't an officer that means you shouldn't have any opinion on anything they do.

Unless you agree with their actions. This is particularly important to remember if you are ever on a federal jury when the officers need your unquestioning support more than ever.

Last edited by sherp; 12/30/14.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm trying to figure out with over 15 years in public service, LE/Fire/public service/EMS, and a close working arrangement with the hospital emergency rooms, that I can only recall one (1) case of a post apprehension beat down or excessively aggressive arrest, yet it seems as commonplace as a herpes blister the way some folks go on about it, and with even less concern.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
I'm trying to figure out with over 15 years in public service, LE/Fire/public service/EMS, and a close working arrangement with the hospital emergency rooms, that I can only recall one (1) case of a post apprehension beat down or excessively aggressive arrest, yet it seems as commonplace as a herpes blister the way some folks go on about it, and with even less concern.

None of the officers in the videos find fault with what happens either, only cop haters. It isn't wrong or excessive if an officer does it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Why does everybody have to be taken to the ground? Do handcuffs only work after being thrown or tackled to the ground?
When someone decides to resist arrest you take them to the ground because it is the safest way to subdue them. If you left them on their feet they could use their largest muscles, their legs, to resist. On the ground they can't use them.

Yep, if they are in a diabetic coma they could come to and if they figure out they are being beat on they could really use those legs to retaliate against the officers so that is not a time for half measures. Put them down and put them in to a regular coma via bludgeoning. If they don't like it they can always complain, get the officers on paid suspension till it is found good, and possibly get a settlement from tax payers.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
right, shatp.

So does that mean I was a hater when I noticed an excessively aggressive arrest?

Seeing that my duty, first and foremost, was as a paramedic, and taking physical insult to the human body as a serious concern, but only recalling one instance where an arrestee required medical care related to his arrest, I think its safe to say either things changed dramatically over the past decade + OR optionally, you are over-dramatizing.

The latter being a huge issue, because the situation definitely needs adjusting, but your efforts focus it in an entirely unproductive manner.

Last edited by RWE; 12/30/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Interesting that in your listing, you allow no spot for the compliant arrestee who doesn't cry or whine.

But it's MORE interesting that all it takes for one of your arrestees to be taken to the ground is for you to receive ANY sort of "hint" that the guy "might" be going to start resisting. In short,anyone NOT crying is at risk of being thrown to the ground when you are the arresting officer.

A literal reading of your post explains exactly why a cop would be shouting "stop resisting" while assaulting a person he is arresting.

And that is the reason for the thread.

Thanks for clearing it up for us.[ unless what you wrote ain't really what you meant, in which case the thread can continue grin ]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I see your point. Cops "whupping up" on folks they have arrested is OK as long as the person arrested doesn't require a trip to the E.R.

A few open-handed slaps to the face of someone who is not resisting is not a problem in your view, I guess.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never seen open hand slaps at cuffed suspects.

What I am saying is that the level of disrespect that is being foisted as commonplace in the LE community is totally foreign to me.

As much as you want to tout that you have seen it happen, and I am not disputing that, I am saying that I have not seen it happen.

Slapping around, beatings, etc, did not happen in my presence - did not hear about it happening despite avenues of gossip from other cops, other paramedics, other rescue personnel, and yes, even hospital personnel (which is why I brought it up, as another avenue of information, not a gauge of "whupping up")

So who's right? You and your experience, or me in mine?

And if the truth is somewhere in the middle - how is the lopsided BS of these posts supposed to help?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I will say that if someone is not resisting, then they do need to be treated fair and square.

I find it hard to believe that this happens very often.

But I do believe it, as expecting police to be 100% perfect is ridiculous. Find some harm done then punish the offending officer. Just like anything else. Easy enough.

But I also suspect that most folks taht claim they didn't resist, probably did.

And I wouldn't expect a few slaps to the face, I'd expect to be face planted to the ground instantly and in a bit of pain until the cuffs are on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Cops have been arresting folks for violating unconstitutional gun laws in NYS for decades. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you think it is that they and the lawmakers don't understand ? While it is true that the majority of upstate county sheriffs have publicly stated they have no intention of enforcing the SAFE act, the state police surely will and when the time comes they absolutely will attempt to confiscate by force. You can take that to the bank. They are not loyal servants of "the people" nor of the US Constitution.

It's likely that most new cops are idealistic about a cop's role in the community. They probably have all sorts of personal "lines in the sand" they just KNOW that THEY will never cross. Lines get blurred quickly in the real world.

IF an order were given to confiscate firearms at gunpoint, each individual cop would enforce it, or not, based on which course he thought was safest for him at the time.

Officer safety IS paramount...... right?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Officer safety IS paramount...... right?

exactly.

I watched a lot of folks burn in cars, people drown, and allowed guys to shoot or knife folks until they tired themselves out for arrest.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 270wsmnutt, 10gaugemag, 1234, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,597
Posts18,532,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.