Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

But...... there was a Plott Hound involved while YOUR " CUR" was being built.

A tich of Red Bone way back when too.
We do that to breed the desire to follow cows around out of em.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

That is all.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's her name?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
What's her name?

Pat.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The problem here isn't people who are resisting. It is people who aren't resisting and get taken down anyway whilst the cop is yelling at them to quit doing something that they weren't doing anyway. A variant on this is when somebody is doing nothing wrong and they are assaulted by police.

How many people have you arrested?

I have 15 years experience arresting and putting people into handcuffs. It's been my observation that there is three main types of reactions of arrestees. 1 the mushy: these are the people who start to sob, try and barter their way out of the arrest, or wven start bawling aboit the arrest. The second is the passive resister: these types may tell you "no" while pulling their hands away, almost going into a fetal position, and often incorporate traits of both extremes. The third type, the active resister is the one who's body language, and vocalizations tell you he is likely to fight. Any type can become any of the others very quickly. Personally, at the first hint that someone is going to be combative, I take them to the ground, it's so much easier to control someone there than try and control a kicking, screaming, punching individual

Interesting that in your listing, you allow no spot for the compliant arrestee who doesn't cry or whine.

But it's MORE interesting that all it takes for one of your arrestees to be taken to the ground is for you to receive ANY sort of "hint" that the guy "might" be going to start resisting. In short,anyone NOT crying is at risk of being thrown to the ground when you are the arresting officer.

A literal reading of your post explains exactly why a cop would be shouting "stop resisting" while assaulting a person he is arresting.

And that is the reason for the thread.

Thanks for clearing it up for us.[ unless what you wrote ain't really what you meant, in which case the thread can continue grin ]

Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The problem here isn't people who are resisting. It is people who aren't resisting and get taken down anyway whilst the cop is yelling at them to quit doing something that they weren't doing anyway. A variant on this is when somebody is doing nothing wrong and they are assaulted by police.

I have 15 years experience arresting and putting people into handcuffs. It's been my observation that there is three main types of reactions of arrestees. 1 the mushy: these are the people who start to sob, try and barter their way out of the arrest, or wven start bawling aboit the arrest. The second is the passive resister: these types may tell you "no" while pulling their hands away, almost going into a fetal position, and often incorporate traits of both extremes. The third type, the active resister is the one who's body language, and vocalizations tell you he is likely to fight. Any type can become any of the others very quickly. Personally, at the first hint that someone is going to be combative, I take them to the ground, it's so much easier to control someone there than try and control a kicking, screaming, punching individual

Interesting that in your listing, you allow no spot for the compliant arrestee who doesn't cry or whine.

****Gene, I sort of expected most would include that person in the first type.. That said most of the "i'll go peacefully" type usually do some form of whining.********

But it's MORE interesting that all it takes for one of your arrestees to be taken to the ground is for you to receive ANY sort of "hint" that the guy "might" be going to start resisting. In short,anyone NOT crying is at risk of being thrown to the ground when you are the arresting officer.

************ If you go back and read. i stated any hint of being combatitive, not resistant, and no those terms are not interchangable*********

********* no, I prefer to make the easiest arrest on all parties as possible, however if you look and act like you're gonna run/fight/ kick/scream/bite/any other action I may not mention, then yes i'm going make it clear thati'm in control and get you into cuffs as quickly and safely for both of us as possible. If that means taking someone to the ground to gain control over them so be it. They had the opportunity to place their hands behind their back and be compliant. If at all possible i'm going to minimize the opportunity for them to blind side/sucker punch me, or make a play for my weapon

A literal reading of your post explains exactly why a cop would be shouting "stop resisting" while assaulting a person he is arresting.

Shouting "stop resisting" is a training thing. It's said to gain conpliance, it's also said loudly so that potential witnesses can answer truthfully under oath that they heard the officer tell the defendant to stop resisting

*********** no one has any use for bad cops. But as said many many times on these posts. Bad cops are the exception. You yourself yourself that "county cops" 30-40 years ago were rough, IMO policing in genereal 30-40 years ago was a totally different game than now, I think cops today are better trained and better screened during the hiring peocess than any time in History

Thanks for clearing it up for us.[ unless what you wrote ain't really what you meant, in which case the thread can continue grin ]

Originally Posted By: gitem_12
Originally Posted By: EthanEdwards

*******************************************************************************************************

****Gene, I sort of expected most would include that person in the first type.. That said most of the "i'll go peacefully" type usually do some form of whining.********

************ If you go back and read. i stated any hint of being combatitive, not resistant, and no those terms are not interchangable*********

********* no, I prefer to make the easiest arrest on all parties as possible, however if you look and act like you're gonna run/fight/ kick/scream/bite/any other action I may not mention, then yes i'm going make it clear thati'm in control and get you into cuffs as quickly and safely for both of us as possible. If that means taking someone to the ground to gain control over them so be it. They had the opportunity to place their hands behind their back and be compliant. If at all possible i'm going to minimize the opportunity for them to blind side/sucker punch me, or make a play for my weapon

Shouting "stop resisting" is a training thing. It's said to gain conpliance, it's also said loudly so that potential witnesses can answer truthfully under oath that they heard the officer tell the defendant to stop resisting

*********** no one has any use for bad cops. But as said many many times on these posts. Bad cops are the exception. You yourself yourself that "county cops" 30-40 years ago were rough, IMO policing in genereal 30-40 years ago was a totally different game than now, I think cops today are better trained and better screened during the hiring peocess than any time in History

Thanks for clearing it up for us.[ unless what you wrote ain't really what you meant, in which case the thread can continue ]

*********** many on here seek cops that act more like robots than human, in an assumption that the cops will then be perfect, i suspect if those folks got their wish they would find themselves a lot less happy then than they are now

I tell every new guy I train, that the most powerful weapon he carries is discretion and he should become extremely proficient in it's use

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What's her name?

Pat.

lol

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What's her name?

Pat.

SOB, that made me laugh out loud in the office. Now the gals are staring at me.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Randy, Pasadena... in those days... for a long hair dope smoker... wow I"m amazed you got out alive! LOL. Those days folks probably got ripped off or beaten on a daily occurrence.

And here we have folks saying its getting worse... I don't see how really... but I could be wrong.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All these cur pics and not a one like ours.... maybe he isn't even cur...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whatcha got? A Blackmouth? Mine and Blue's are Cartahoulas.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm sure its party mutt, but from pictures, sure looks like blackmouth to us, sans the blackmouth....

Oops yeah, sorry no camo on deer hunting picture... sure I"ll get grief for what I wear hunting too next. LOL

BTW the best trailer I ever saw was a catahoula. That cracked eye crazy dog was unbelievable in S Tex brush. Its what made me want to see if this one might have an ounce of effort in him, since he was a stray for us anyway that got a new home. My Mom won't call him by his name, tiger, she just calls him lucky...and she is right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
What's her name?

Pat.

SOB, that made me laugh out loud in the office. Now the gals are staring at me.....

You've gotta bring your A-Game to get one on Pat. I'm gonna go say the Pledge Of Allegiance and slap my wife on the butt now. I'm on fire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatcha got? A Blackmouth? Mine and Blue's are Cartahoulas.

Bkue's dog looks like a bona fide old time quality Leopard Cur instead of an old time Catahoula.

Yours looks like a ................. reindeer?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for clearing it up for us.[ unless what you wrote ain't really what you meant, in which case the thread can continue grin ] [/quote]

Now you are getting it, learn to read people, get the jump, or have a short career. Wait too long, get your ass kicked a few times, observe an additive change in yourself.

Last edited by Barkoff; 12/30/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said.... A Curdog Breed Standard exists only in a breeder's mind.

A fella named Carnathan in Tupelo Ms. used to sell a lot of "Blackmouth Curs". But Brindle, Ringnecks, Flop ears, etc. have NEVER been characteristic of BMC.

So... OL' Howard just started a separate registry for pups that come out like that. He called 'em Southern Curs.

So.... pups out of the same litter might be registered as different breeds.

Y'all may think that ain't important, but I was a fact witness in a Lawsuit down in Rusk County between Carnathan and Randy Wright.

When you get $$$$ as the primary motivation in breeding dogs, the quality of the dogs goes downhill quick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said....... I read his post LITERALLY. I wish more folks would read mine thataway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1

A guy I knew well, a BIG guy, used to get arrested fairly regularly for some drinking related offense. He ALWAYS wound up beat all to hell and it was ALWAYS after he was cuffed.

Can't imagine why.
At some point a light bulb should go off -shouldn't it?

So.... Ol' Eddie gets in a fight at a beer joint parking lot, acquits himself in fine fashion, and then some stalwart defendants of justice show up and arrests everyone with blood on their knuckles.

Eddie submits to the cuffing and takes the ride with 'em.

Soon as they arrive at the station, but while he is still cuffed, the taunting begins, and when Eddie 'splains what sort of cowardly sons of bitches they are, out come the sticks.

Y'all are cool with that.

So none of y'all ever got drunk or ever got in a fight in a beer joint parking lot.

Either that , or you're hypocrites of the first order.

So he is big. He is drunk. He was fighting, has been repeatedly arrested and is at least verbally combative. I don't see how questioning Eddie's version of politely submitting makes me a hypocrite. He sounds so credible.

I suggest Eddie's real problem is, first and foremost, ole Eddie. How many arrests are needed before, for the sake of anyone who might love this guy, he rethinks defining what it means to 'acquit himself nicely'?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'acquit himself nicely'.

Taken in context, it means he prevailed in the fight in the parking lot.

BTW.... If a couple of guys voluntarily go outside in a parking lot to fight each other, why is that the cops' business?

Are you a cop?

Reason I ask is 'cause I use the "watched users" function here to identify the forum members who are cops. It puts a little magnifying glass next to their names when they post.

I'd hate to leave you out if you belong.

And.. up to now... Just about everyone who focuses on Ol' Eddie instead of the cops asinine behavior has one of them little magnifying glasses next to his name.

Added: It wasn't "Eddie's version".. it was mine. So... make it a hypothetical [it's not] and assume Eddie offers no resistance. Are the cops still justified just because he's a drunk?

Last edited by curdog4570; 12/30/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know what you meant and only have a problem wit hit in that it seems to keep on happening to this guy.

No, not a cop or even close. I am conversing- not screaming or anything and will work on coming across better. I don't think we are really so far off from each other and yes it makes a difference if it isn't Eddie's version.

I do hear what you are saying and agree cops need to be held to high standards and don't condone abuse. They are just people and you get whatever\whoever you get on any day in any mood they are in. I remind myself to respect the authority if not the man. I never give them a reason to beat me though some have irritated the sh*t outta me. I have surprised a few with blatant honesty and that seemed to carry some weight. They get lied to constantly and it has to be tiring.

I still think Eddie, or anyone who gets arrested and finds it just a normal day needs a look in the mirror before his problems will go away. I hope that happens. He and the cops will be better off for it. It won't excuse either but will avoid repeats.

By the way- you got me curious about Curs now. They are new to me.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said.... A Curdog Breed Standard exists only in a breeder's mind.

Some truth right there. ^^^^^^^^

Here's one that looks like that yeller dog.

[Linked Image]

She had the same Brindle Sire my Brindle dog has and a BM dam.
She had allot of hunt in her but the Parvo got her. (And yes, I had her vaccinated before some loud mouthed know it all chimes in.)

RIP Penny

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.