R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey guys, check it out:

http://jamesdjulia.com/373_shs/

Scroll down to the first double rifle just under the pictures of EK. I'll bet Ingwe will be cashing in his 401K.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure some nice arms there!

However, Inge will have to be quick!

The late Jim Corbett�s Tiger Rifle-the best quality boxlock .450-400 by W.J. Jeffery & Co., with which he killed so many man-eating tigers for the Indian government (Elmer Keith Estate Coll.).

[Linked Image]

Heck, if I had that rifle, I'd be letting all know that it was Corbett's "tiger rifle" -- big time!

I might mention that Elmer Keith owned it later...

John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those Hoffman rifles are really nice.... hell, what an incredible collection.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I know. I don't know if I'd actually load some cartridges way down just to put the old rifle back in business or just let it sleep in the bed with me.

I never was a huge fan of EK so I'd probably leave out that tidbit of information. But he sure had good taste in firearms.

Last edited by RevMike; 12/31/14.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike

Scroll down to the first double rifle just under the pictures of EK. I'll bet Ingwe will be cashing in his 401K.

Sorry...didnt see anything I needed....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know. I don't know if I'd actually load some cartridges way down just to put the old rifle back in business or just let it sleep in the bed with me.

I never was a huge fan of EK so I'd probably leave out that tidbit of information. But he sure had good taste in firearms.

Agreed on all points, RevMike!

I vividly recall visiting my Grandmother when I was perhaps 13 and staying in my father's old bedroom. I picked out a book to read one night -- "Maneaters of Kumaon" by Corbett. From then on Corbett was one of my boyhood heroes.

No flies on Elmer, but to have Corbett's rifle -- wow!

For sure I'd be taking that rifle moose hunting every year -- it ought to be a nice moose "tipper-over" as they say here in Sweden.

John

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
The Pachmayr custom M70 .375 H&H and all the double rifles are just WOW! Would love to own the Pachmayr .375 H&H. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I saw that too, Ken. The wood is incredible! If I had that I might reconsider going to Africa with Ingwe and Jason.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
If I had that Pachmayr .375 H&H,it would hunt elk,bear,Africa,rabbits,deer and anything else I can think of. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Did you scroll through any of the other guns below the EK collection (and below the collection of machine guns)? Holy cow!

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yes,they were nice,but not my style. Like the "classic" firearms.

Bought a Yugo military mauser M24/47 in .25-06 last Friday. Working on some handholds for it. Trying 85 gr NBT-CT and gonna try a 100 gr Sierra,Speer or Nosler next.

Think those 100 grs will be good for deer and coyotes. wink

Last edited by elkhunternm; 12/31/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Yeah, but did you see the Rigbys?

I expect those 100 grainers will be good for a lot of stuff. Be sure and post a picture of the rifle.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Did just now. Really like the Pre-War G&H .416 Rigby and the Rigby .375 H&H.

Will try and post pics of the .25-6 here in a little bit.

Oh,and Rev,have a Happy New Year!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks! And a healthy, happy New Year to you as well.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Looks like I'm scheduled for rotator cuff surgery around that time, hope not, as want to be there to buy Elmers 333OKH. won't shoot it maybe, but is a really great looking rifle. Need to see what else is there too. Too bad Cabela's decided to do away with the Keith set up at their Boise store. Also, if "there" can see up close and personal, these guns. Because there's a lot of double rifles, might bring some good money, but I was at the auction where they sold Bill Jordan's stuff, and the thing that brought the most money was his hat and badge. But he didn't have this kind of firearms either, though a lot of one of a kind handguns with his personal number on them, and his engraved signature.

Ghost
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's some pics of the .25-06 Rev. Got lucky with this one as I paid only $275 for it,scope and sling included.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice grab!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A part of me says its a shame to break up that fine collection of Keith's guns.....the other part says maybe it would be more fitting if sold off so many can enjoy them. I know that I would love to have a few of them.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nice grab!
I thought so too!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Even though the 400 Whelen is right handed I'd sure love to have it. Wouldn't mind the Ithaca NID 10 gauge either.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.