Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Apparently Narcissism blocks the ability to understand sarcasm.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
This place is so retarded.

and thanks for being an example of what makes it so...

this is dedicated to you and Schmuck...

runs thru my head every time I read one of you or Schmuck's posts...

" I could have friends if I wanna, but then I wouldn't stand out in the crowd..." describes you two heroes to a Tee....

of course this one is close competition....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
That's a whole lot of typing when all you really had to say is, because Big Stick says so.

About the worst reason in the world to do anything. He (Big Stick aka Boxer aka.....) knows a good bit about rifles and reloading, for sure. But as a role model, no thank you. Demeaning others and name calling is total grade school bulschidt. A big problem being that there are others with equal experience to his, or at least nearly so, (Like Shrapnel and others. To a lesser degree my own experiences) whose opinions are different than his. He seems to be incapable of accepting the idea that other good riflemen with widely varied experience might come to different preferences or conclusions than he has. A real sign of serious immaturity. Not being able to give anyone else credit for having a valid idea that is different than one's own is not showing great mental prowess or maturity. quite the opposite, actually.

My close freind and oft hunting partner Jim Hackewicz (JJHAck) who does not frequent here anymore for the same reasons Dober and many other good folks have left this site lived near Larry the Big Stick for a while and interacted with him. Jim is an outstanding and widely experienced hunter with thousands of big game animals to his credit either personally or as a guide in AK and PH in Africa. His opinion of Larry aka Big Stick is not good. That is putting it mildly. And Jim's knowledge and experience with real rifles shooting real big game (More than 900 bears alone, many Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buff, thousands of plains game animals, much more) and lots of it far exceeds anything that Big Stick will ever even dream about in his best and wildest imagining's or dreams.

I will take Jim's real world based recomendations over about anyone else's. And he is capable of having a civil back and forth conversation that is actually helpful and worthwhile to all parties. Big Stick used to be like that, but I have not seen that version of Big Stick in a very long time. I miss him and wish there was some way to get the helpful and at least SOMETIMES polite Larry back onto this site and these forums. I really do.

Interesting to note that Jim Hackewicz has two MRC rifles that are essentially slicked up and improved model 70's plus one Ruger model 77 and one model 70 for rifles. All shooting Barnes Bullets of mediocre BC's but awesome terminal ballistics. Just facsinating..... About the same lineup, except with some Brno and CZ's thrown in, that I used to see among other full time proffessional hunters. Should tell us all something, but some wish not to listen. That is their perogitive, but being dissmissive and mean and talking down to another experienced hunter or name calling is NOT.

I'll take Big Stick's advice way before listening to anything from you!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's a whole lot of typing when all you really had to say is, because Big Stick says so.

About the worst reason in the world to do anything. He (Big Stick aka Boxer aka.....) knows a good bit about rifles and reloading, for sure. But as a role model, no thank you. Demeaning others and name calling is total grade school bulschidt. A big problem being that there are others with equal experience to his, or at least nearly so, (Like Shrapnel and others. To a lesser degree my own experiences) whose opinions are different than his. He seems to be incapable of accepting the idea that other good riflemen with widely varied experience might come to different preferences or conclusions than he has. A real sign of serious immaturity. Not being able to give anyone else credit for having a valid idea that is different than one's own is not showing great mental prowess or maturity. quite the opposite, actually.

My close freind and oft hunting partner Jim Hackewicz (JJHAck) who does not frequent here anymore for the same reasons Dober and many other good folks have left this site lived near Larry the Big Stick for a while and interacted with him. Jim is an outstanding and widely experienced hunter with thousands of big game animals to his credit either personally or as a guide in AK and PH in Africa. His opinion of Larry aka Big Stick is not good. That is putting it mildly. And Jim's knowledge and experience with real rifles shooting real big game (More than 900 bears alone, many Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buff, thousands of plains game animals, much more) and lots of it far exceeds anything that Big Stick will ever even dream about in his best and wildest imagining's or dreams.

I will take Jim's real world based recomendations over about anyone else's. And he is capable of having a civil back and forth conversation that is actually helpful and worthwhile to all parties. Big Stick used to be like that, but I have not seen that version of Big Stick in a very long time. I miss him and wish there was some way to get the helpful and at least SOMETIMES polite Larry back onto this site and these forums. I really do.

Interesting to note that Jim Hackewicz has two MRC rifles that are essentially slicked up and improved model 70's plus one Ruger model 77 and one model 70 for rifles. All shooting Barnes Bullets of mediocre BC's but awesome terminal ballistics. Just facsinating..... About the same lineup, except with some Brno and CZ's thrown in, that I used to see among other full time proffessional hunters. Should tell us all something, but some wish not to listen. That is their perogitive, but being dissmissive and mean and talking down to another experienced hunter or name calling is NOT.

Woah, big post. I'm suprised you didn't have anything listed in there for sale.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yetti, your choice, free country sir. My point being that regardless of ones point of view, to express it with disrespect toward others is a sure sign of one's own low self image as well as lack of maturity and adult communication skills.

If you would take Big Sticks advice over that of Jim Hackewicz and others with far more real world experience in the game fields than Larry the Stick, that speaks volume's about your inability to properly weigh the value of a source of information. But again, like I said, free country and you may listen to whomever, for whatever reasons you choose. Good luck to you and sincere wishes for good hunting in any event.

Best,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This place is so retarded.

Wow, that is SO deep and mature..... About on the level of your "Elevator Elevator" Nursery ryhme comment earlier in this thread. Common denominator, besides being grade school level drivel, was a complete lack of relevance to the thread and topic. Come to think of it, very few of your posts ever have much to do with the topic at hand. Fascinating.... just fascinating. In a very sad way.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mad Mooner,

So sorry your query got derailed by the normal cast of numbskulls who typically do this to threads. Trying to make threads into a battle of personal vendetta's and or name calling.

Back on topic, if you do not have an AR, I have to agree with several others that a longish barreled varmint specific AR would be a great and fun choice. I have used them on ground squirrel shoots from time to time and when the ground is just alive with feeding rodents, few tools or toys are better suited to maximize the fun and carnage. In addition, an AR is a terrific tool for Coyote caling since it is not uncommon for a good calling set up to bring in more than one yodeler and an AR makes the chances of making multiple kills much better than any bolt action.

Add to this that an AR is something that, IMO every American home should have one of (or something similar) for real regional or National crisis interventions, and you have lots of good reasons for an accurate AR with a good trigger.

If you can get one of these AND an accurate mega speed bolt gun .224, that would be a terrific and fun 1-2 punch or combo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pot, or kettle?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yetti, your choice, free country sir. My point being that regardless of ones point of view, to express it with disrespect toward others is a sure sign of one's own low self image as well as lack of maturity and adult communication skills.

If you would take Big Sticks advice over that of Jim Hackewicz and others with far more real world experience in the game fields than Larry the Stick, that speaks volume's about your inability to properly weigh the value of a source of information. But again, like I said, free country and you may listen to whomever, for whatever reasons you choose. Good luck to you and sincere wishes for good hunting in any event.

Best,

MARK

Wait, what was that in your earlier post about differing opinions and the nature of folks who demean others who have different opinions than there own?

You're doing a lot of talking for both JJ and Larry while casting a few stones at those that dare disagree with your pet opinion (and not theirs, as they haven't said a word).

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

MARK

You're doing a lot of talking for both JJ and Larry ......

Name dropping, plain and simple.

JJ and Larry.

And Jesus.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mad Mooner,

So sorry your query got derailed by the normal cast of numbskulls who typically do this to threads. Trying to make threads into a battle of personal vendetta's and or name calling.

Irony or hypocrisy? Both?

Add to this that an AR is something that, IMO every American home should have one of (or something similar) for real regional or National crisis interventions, and you have lots of good reasons for an accurate AR with a good trigger.

Here comes the SHTF, Lone Ranger fantasy again.

If you can get one of these AND an accurate mega speed bolt gun .224, that would be a terrific and fun 1-2 punch or combo.

To be uber, right?

'Mooner would be well served by a .223 bolt gun, as he's already said he wants to stay with that head size bolt gun. If he wants an AR, setting it up to run similar loads makes a lot more sense than having two completely different .22 centerfire rifles as he's already stated he doesn't shoot enough currently or forecast enough into the future to justify dedicated rigs for multiple purposes.

A Kimber Montana .223, or a Remington 700 SA donor set up well, will cover the .223 bolt gun base with ease.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think stick has ripped anyone off in the classifieds, conned old people, or lied..

He may hurt some feelers, but I'll take his word over some sniveling grifter or his suck ass enablers.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think stick has ripped anyone off in the classifieds, conned old people, or lied..

He may hurt some feelers, but I'll take his word over some sniveling grifter or his suck ass enablers.

That's my take as well, as well as anyone who would ass shoot a bear and brag about it, as well as berate anyone who chooses a caliber to hunt with that isn't a uber midbore magnum (that still caused the bear to suffer all night)

Anyone who cheats other people either for 2 bucks in the classifieds or 1,000's in insurance, to me their opinion and whatever they say, aint worth squat.

wasn't there also somewhere where SM hinted at military service but never backed it up?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My close freind and oft hunting partner Jim Hackewicz (JJHAck)

This can't be good for business.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope the OP finds a rig.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I suspect JJ took some time off from the fire after being named a party to Safariman's azz shot bear follies. Funny that SM has his head so far up his own azz that he doesn't realize such posts could be bad for his "friend's" business.

FWIW, JJHack still posts regularly on the Bowhunting threads, so I'm not real sure why SM is so worked up about him being gone anyway.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
safariclam,

Congratulations on kicking off The 2015 Kchuntfest in such epic fashion! Can't wait to read your obituary,so as to learn the Toxicology which fuels your Drug Addled Delusions. Gonna be a fhuqking riot and wellll beyond poignant,giving both Elvis and Michael Jackson serious runs for The Title!!! Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that your only move is to drop everyone's name but your's and wax eloquent with yet another Vagina Monolgue...while refraining ALL things The Rifle.

Perhaps you,Shrapnel and Shefire oughtta give thought to joining forces and "unleash" the Triple Twatt Trifecta,if only to set the stage for your Imagination and it's Pretend. Hilarious that you STUPID Fhuqks are unable to take notes and apply same,yet "think" that freelancing your "experience","knowledge" and "results" quantifies anything other than a humor quotient?!? Bless your hearts.

You Drooling Clueless Dumbfhuqks are an UBER hoot and here's to the sanctity of oblivious humor,which equally grants opportunity for Coke Bottles and Blinders...so you can showcase your "talents". Hit me with an addy and I'll send funds,as a cornerstone to arrange you Amazingly Inept Kchunts in a group photo,as THE ultimate Drooling Dumbfhuqk Post Card. You sappy kchunts could make millions,on accident. Laffin'!

I'm fhuqking crying I'm laughing soooooooooooooooooo hard!

Rather enjoyed the portion,in which drop/drift and impact velocity are moot!

Just what might you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks conjure up next?!?

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunts as you feverishly take Stupidity to places it's never been before.

Go FULL Secret Squirrel and group PM,less the highly vaunted Imaginary Pretend Ignore Clause...slowing the velocity of your high-heels down,in their ominous pitty-patter as you race to hold your breaths and teach the World yet another "lesson".

Laffin'!

Fhuqking funnier yet,PLEASE find me "mistaken"!

Wow +P+!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Mad Mooner,

Irony or hypocrisy? Both?

Here comes the SHTF, Lone Ranger fantasy again.

To be uber, right?

'Mooner would be well served by a .223 bolt gun, as he's already said he wants to stay with that head size bolt gun. If he wants an AR, setting it up to run similar loads makes a lot more sense than having two completely different .22 centerfire rifles as he's already stated he doesn't shoot enough currently or forecast enough into the future to justify dedicated rigs for multiple purposes.

A Kimber Montana .223, or a Remington 700 SA donor set up well, will cover the .223 bolt gun base with ease.

Actually, my unfortunate use of the term knuckleheads WAS me falling to the level of other name callers, and beneath good civil conversation. I made a terrible error, and I am truly sorry for that.

To those who may have felt that I was reffering to you with my knucklehead comment, I am sorry. Please forgive me. I hope to not do that again.

4Ager, you are right in that my post was out of line. Thank you for pointing this out. If you felt that I was reffering to you, though I have not known you to be a name caller and generally a solid and logical poster I am truly and sincerely sorry and I hereby apologize.

Gentlmen, I hope that I do not fall to this again, ever.

Have a great day, all.

Mad Mooner, you have been suggested many goood ideas and options. I hope some of them are useful to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Hope the OP finds a rig.

Me too.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer
safariclam,

Congratulations on kicking off The 2015 Kchuntfest in such epic fashion! Can't wait to read your obituary,so as to learn the Toxicology which fuels your Drug Addled Delusions. Gonna be a fhuqking riot and wellll beyond poignant,giving both Elvis and Michael Jackson serious runs for The Title!!! Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that your only move is to drop everyone's name but your's and wax eloquent with yet another Vagina Monolgue...while refraining ALL things The Rifle.

Perhaps you,Shrapnel and Shefire oughtta give thought to joining forces and "unleash" the Triple Twatt Trifecta,if only to set the stage for your Imagination and it's Pretend. Hilarious that you STUPID Fhuqks are unable to take notes and apply same,yet "think" that freelancing your "experience","knowledge" and "results" quantifies anything other than a humor quotient?!? Bless your hearts.

You Drooling Clueless Dumbfhuqks are an UBER hoot and here's to the sanctity of oblivious humor,which equally grants opportunity for Coke Bottles and Blinders...so you can showcase your "talents". Hit me with an addy and I'll send funds,as a cornerstone to arrange you Amazingly Inept Kchunts in a group photo,as THE ultimate Drooling Dumbfhuqk Post Card. You sappy kchunts could make millions,on accident. Laffin'!

I'm fhuqking crying I'm laughing soooooooooooooooooo hard!

Rather enjoyed the portion,in which drop/drift and impact velocity are moot!

Just what might you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks conjure up next?!?

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunts as you feverishly take Stupidity to places it's never been before.

Go FULL Secret Squirrel and group PM,less the highly vaunted Imaginary Pretend Ignore Clause...slowing the velocity of your high-heels down,in their ominous pitty-patter as you race to hold your breaths and teach the World yet another "lesson".

Laffin'!

Fhuqking funnier yet,PLEASE find me "mistaken"!

Wow +P+!!!

Boxer / Big Stick, I do not have you on ignore, and do not feel the need for such.

To the contrary, I consider you a wealth of knowledge and have freely admitted here more than once that your experience shooting different rifles and playing with different cartridges and loads far exceeds my own.

Your posts have had the effect of having me now trying out some higher BC bullets for my 7mm Mashburn Super, and actively pursuing a different turret system for its Leupold Scope.

I do try to learn from others, and learn as I go here and out in the hunting fields. But in the instances where my experience is considerably more than a person with whom I have a difference of opinion I can state my views and how I arrived at them without being disparaging or talking down to the other person. At least I THINK and HOPE I can and do. I have some repair work to do in the thread about a .32 caliber Ruger #3 where I stepped out of line.

You are right that a toxicology report on my blood right now would be a freakin MESS crazy I joked in my post about my soon upcoming Kidney Transplant that I should maybbe dup all of the drugs I now have to take, and will no longer need, into our small local trout lake and see what a pain free, very relaxed trout with low blood pressure and feeling no stress looks and acts like! shocked

You used to be able to provide information and help from your vast knowledge and experience, more than most will ever be able to gain, without talking down to everyone and calling everyone who disagreed with you some sort of name. I really wish that for our sake AND yours, you could return to that M.O. You were a big help to many here, were rightly looked up to, and could be again.

Sincere best wishes to you,

Mark aka 'safariclam' (I have to admit, that one is pretty funny)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1234, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,014
Posts18,481,586
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.