Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm posting this because it makes a lot of sense to me.
The Old Grey Mare ain't what she used to be. And never was...

Grizzly Lounge Archives � Conservatives4Palin
Wesley Pruden, Washington Times: January 15, 2015

Hillary can�t win, and that�s why she won�t run.
She may not know that yet herself, but a lot of Democrats want her because she�s all they�ve got. The Republicans are counting on her to run because they think she�s the candidate they can beat in what looks from here like it could be a Republican year.

Lady Macbeth has the resume that makes her plausible, which a lot of pundits and normal other people confuse with �inevitable.� Everybody recognizes her name. She doesn�t hear the music but she recognizes the words and knows policy, and likes to talk about it. She�s a woman, and that should help with the ladies. (It might hurt, too).

Against every positive, there�s two or three negatives. Everyone has a list. Many women like her, some women worship her. Most men despise her. She reminds them of their ex-wives. Life is not fair. Men, a wise man said, are assumed to be competent until they prove otherwise; that was Mr. Obama�s good fortune in 2008, when nobody looked at him closely. Women are thought to be incompetent until they prove otherwise, as many women in politics and business do every day. Getting credit is not easy.

Successful men and women are born with an instinct for politics, or they never have it. Bubba was born with it, along with the ability to change convictions like changing his pants. The politicians who have it have no shame exploiting it. If they have the ability to wink, smile and say the right thing they can get by with anything short of murder, and maybe that, too.
What can you do with a good ol� boy like Bubba? He only rarely hit a false note. Hillary never hits anything but.

She�s stiff and wooden as a public speaker, as if trying to prove Dr. Johnson�s famous aphorism that a woman preaching is like a dog trying to walk on its hind legs.

Hillary is tone-deaf besides. She�s always starting on her �back foot,� as the English say, and she�s a mediocre campaigner, too. Bubba would never have said the family, with millions in the bank, was �dead broke. Not because it was a lie but because everybody in America knew it was a lie. A skilled politician would never have asked, after the Benghazi debacle, �What difference, at this point, does it make?� Whatever gift for politics she has, she got from imitating Bubba. Voters won�t be satisfied with a pale imitation, and nobody listens to two-time losers.

Instinct and ambition � the �fire in the belly� � is a lethal combination, and Hillary has a version only of ambition, but it only occasionally flashes as the hard blue flame that drives winners. Mike McCurry, Bubba�s press secretary, asks the pertinent question about Hillary: At 67, does she really want to spend her golden years working 16 hours a day, eating bad food, sleeping in a strange and uncomfortable bed every night, shaking the hands of strangers in a drafty gym in Iowa, and rubbing elbows with indifferent diners in New Hampshire?

She could live the luxurious life at her own pace, delivering the same canned speech written for her, enjoying a new granddaughter, making speeches for $200,000 a pop and watching the millions accumulate at the Clinton Global Foundation.
Running in 2016 won�t be the picnic of 2008, when she had no record to defend (nobody expects so much of a senator). The press, which took a dive in 2008, is loaded this time. She will get sharp questions that she won�t be able to blow off in 2016. She will find out quickly �What difference, at this point, does it make.� There will be no coronation.

Hillary is caught in a trap of her own ambition. The prospect of her as president, which keeps the big money coming from foundations and corporations buying access to a new president, will dry up once she announces, leaving her with only the anger of partisan friends with no candidate. But life for the Clintons has always been about Hillary and Bubba, and good luck to everybody else.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-clinton-wont-run-for-pre/#ixzz3P0IOfyDZ

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope and pray that that is true BUT unfortunately you have a lot of DUMB Americans down there.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Norm
frown Please don't base that on the Campfire postings or our voting record. Dumb ones in Missouri are still a very slight minority but stupid is quickly gaining. grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
She will run...but just in case that's why Liarwathah Warren has been running her mouth more than usual.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No doubt she'll run.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
None of this matters.

They only reason she may not get the dimocrate nomination is she is not far enough left for the party faithful.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
53% of this nation wants free stuff and doesn't have the pride or the motivation to work for it. As long as the checks keep coming, the dems will rule. The outright lies don't matter. Character doesn't matter. Just show me the money, and I don't care that you had to take from someone who worked for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
No doubt she'll run.

Yep, she has a HUGE ego, a burning ambition, thinks she's entitled to it & would never admit to the fact that she has really no qualifications for the office other than being married to Bubba, being an attorney & a half-assed, do-nothing, head-up-her-kuunt senator from a state she wasn't from & has no business representing.

Other than that, she's as qualified as The Muslim sitting in the WH now.

My prediction is that she will win...........the GOP, as far as presidential candidates & not knowing how to destroy each other in a long & drawn out primary go, is in a state of disarray. And they will remain that way through the election.......just too many wannabes that will end up eating each other alive & destroying a golden opportunity to take back the WH. If They can't do it now, likely they never will again.

MM

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
She won't. Cause if she does,that would mean she would have to answer questions about her stint as Sectary of State,First Lady and the rest of her crooked past.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
No doubt she'll run.

The guy I quoted in the OP said Clinton's wife won't run because she can't win.

I'm not sure that will keep Hillary from running, but the OP gives good and solid reasons for how beatable she really is.

She never has been a good campaigner and this last mid-term election proved that we have still got the numbers to win if we don't screw it up.

The last presidential election proved we can still screw it up.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
She won't. Cause if she does,that would mean she would have to answer questions about her stint as Sectary of State,First Lady and the rest of her crooked past.

No she won't.

Media will give her a pass.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Really,in 2008 the media was slobbering all over a no name from the Chicago area.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hillary Clinton has been a lying POS since her Rose Law Firm days and probably well before that. As far as getting away with murder, there's the case of Vince Foster. Definately not presedential material, the old hag & slick Willie should retire to an area nearby Chelsea and spend their golden years with her family and the grandbaby.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think she'll run...been saying it for 2 years.

I think she wants to be fat and happy, and get drunk at noon on some beach every day.

I don't think she can win, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While I don't think Hildabeast can win, I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in He11 of Obama getting reelected either.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I hope you are all right, but I doubt it.

I think Hillary is a conceited, power hungry megalomaniac who sees the White House as rightfully hers.

I can only imagine two things that would keep her from running.

'#1 Her health. I believe she has health problems.

#2 The pressure and frustration of a Presidential campaign.
Hillary doesn't want to win the White house, she wants it given to her on a silver platter.
If the Republicans can make it clear that it will be a hard, no holds barred campaign that will take everything she has just to stay afloat, she might just turn up her nose and stay home.

If she does run, she will be hard to beat
The Democrats will fall in behind her like good little lemmings, while we squabble over Jeb vs Ted.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Your #2 reason is why I do not think Clinton's wife will run or be hard to beat.
Jeb vs Mitt is how we get someone like Ted.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She will run, I think there is a better than good chance she will get the nomination and if Rep. don't run a solid candidate she will win. If it is Jeb or Mitt or any other moderate Republican the Dems win regardless of who they run.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No doubt she'll run.

Yep, she has a HUGE ego, a burning ambition, thinks she's entitled to it & would never admit to the fact that she has really no qualifications for the office other than being married to Bubba, being an attorney & a half-assed, do-nothing, head-up-her-kuunt senator from a state she wasn't from & has no business representing.

Other than that, she's as qualified as The Muslim sitting in the WH now.

My prediction is that she will win...........the GOP, as far as presidential candidates & not knowing how to destroy each other in a long & drawn out primary go, is in a state of disarray. And they will remain that way through the election.......just too many wannabes that will end up eating each other alive & destroying a golden opportunity to take back the WH. If They can't do it now, likely they never will again.

MM

This. Sums it up perfectly.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
She will run.
She will most likely be unaposed in the primary.
She won't answer anything she chooses not to and the press will give her a pass.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.