Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just heard the league if investigating.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The coach is known as Belicheat for a reason.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They are investigating whether Ne deflated the balls to help combat the high winds

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The home teams provides 30 balls, and hands them over to the referees. The referees hand the balls out to the teams on the field.
So, if New England underinflated the balls, the Colts would have been playing with the same balls. No advantage.

Further, it seems like the refs would have an air pressure gauge, and would check the balls.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Colts used the same balls so that would negate the advantage. Still, any attempt to cheat should result in severe penalties. Of course forfeiting the game wouldn't even be considered.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Colts used the same balls so that would negate the advantage. Still, any attempt to cheat should result in severe penalties. Of course forfeiting the game wouldn't even be considered.

Pretty much everything other than vacating the win is a non event and there is no way that is happening.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I watched the game & the only team that had their balls deflated were the Colts. cry

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"New England cheated?"

Good, I hope they do so again in two weeks!
Also-I despise NE, yet despise is too soft for how I feel about the Seahawks and Carrol. That said-props to Seattle for not quitting.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of course they did. They always cheat.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Well, if the shehawks had to play the Colts they could win the SB again. Dynasty baby. Crook it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The NFL is the one who should be investigated , for letting the Patriots play a second rate team like the Colts in a Championship Game

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bea175
The NFL is the one who should be investigated , for letting the Patriots play a second rate team like the Colts in a Championship Game

But A Luck is the future face of the NFL????

FJB & FJT
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The home teams provides 30 balls, and hands them over to the referees. The referees hand the balls out to the teams on the field.
So, if New England underinflated the balls, the Colts would have been playing with the same balls. No advantage.

Further, it seems like the refs would have an air pressure gauge, and would check the balls.

Haters gonna hate. That's all this is.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Really weird how a deflated ball helped NE but not Indy?!?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Really weird how a deflated ball helped NE but not Indy?!?

And didn't the refs handle the ball after EVERY play to set the line of scrimmage? Seems like they would have noticed if they were deflated. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What a bunch of horse crap.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
So the NFL is supposed to disqualify a playoff winner because they don't like them?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Citing a person familiar with the background of the matter, Newsday reported Monday that the Colts first noticed something unusual after an interception by Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson late in the second quarter.

Newsday reported that Jackson then gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated. At that point, coach Chuck Pagano and general manager Ryan Grigson were notified, and Grigson alerted NFL director of football operations Mike Kensil, according to the report.

Pagano said he did not notice issues with the football, and he didn't specify when asked whether the Colts had reported the issue to officials.

"We talk just like they talk to officials [before the game], we have an opportunity to talk to the officials about a lot of things, things that you've seen on tape like the formations we talked about last week," Pagano said. "Every coach in the league gets an opportunity to visit with the officials about that kind of stuff before the game."

An under-inflated football could be easier to grip and catch. NFL rules stipulate that footballs must be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces.

Former NFL official Jim Daopoulos, in an interview with ESPN on Monday morning, explained the process in which footballs are managed. Two hours and 15 minutes before each game, officials inspect 12 footballs from each team and put a mark on them to indicate they meet the proper requirements and are good for usage. Then those footballs are given to the ball attendant.

There also is a second set of six footballs, used specifically for the kicking game, that are marked appropriately and remain in the possession of officials at all times.

"Officials check balls as they go into the game, and if the ball doesn't feel perfect, they can throw it out," Daopoulos said. "There is always the possibility that balls can lose air due to the conditions."

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
Just heard the league if investigating.

might as well just hand out trophys to all the teams. Everyone could be a winner, and no one would get a sandy vagina.

Sam......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.