-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 65 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 64 65
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was thinking about head shrinkers the other day and how it seems like they other day and how it seems like a racket to keep getting their clients coming back and back and that they never seem to straighten many folks out.

Then I realized it's not so much that they couldn't present the truth of their clients hangups in a single session, is that their clients aren't ready to handle the truth of their hangups. If they could handle the truth, they would have seen it for themselves and manned up and admitted it to themselves.

Or as Steely so aptly puts it, people are fookers.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Ding DinG Ding, Rooster7 is the winner of the best post and evaluation of my situation. I couldn't even explain my situation that good. I am going to print it , or take a picture of his post . I'm glad that I posted this thread, just to prove to myself that this is just crazy chit that can go on in someones life. Thank you, Rooster7

If you really like something,you better buy two!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Then I realized it's not so much that they couldn't present the truth of their clients hangups in a single session, is that their clients aren't ready to handle the truth of their hangups. If they could handle the truth, they would have seen it for themselves and manned up and admitted it to themselves.

That's half of the equation of pscyhotherapy right there.

The other half is helping your patient to understand WHY they are blind to particular truths in their lives. This enables them to fix the underlying problem so the same problem doesn't keep recurring over and over and over again.

We all know "that guy" who's been married 4-5 times, and every single wife is a carbon copy of the previous ones. That Guy can't figure out why he keeps getting divorced, and he never will until he can learn the reasons underlying his recapitulation compulsion.

Simple, really. Except it's not. I don't see many rich therapists, at least not GOOD rich therapists. The ones on TV may or may not be good, but they're not practicing their art on TV...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
dont you guys think that I need to see what happens at the marriage counselor before i get a lawyer??

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by birddog65
Ding DinG Ding, Rooster7 is the winner of the best post and evaluation of my situation. I couldn't even explain my situation that good. I am going to print it , or take a picture of his post . I'm glad that I posted this thread, just to prove to myself that this is just crazy chit that can go on in someones life. Thank you, Rooster7

You're welcome. Hope everything works out for you.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Here is my .02.

OP works hard to make a living. Wife doesn't work and stays home with the kids. They are living the dream with a nice pad and are keeping up to the Jones but it ain't enough for her.

She wants more. In her mind, she's missing something that the OP isn't giving her. Sure he does a lot of work around the house, fixes everything, does the church thing etc. but the relationship has grown stale "in her mind."

She wants the "newness" and the "excitement" of when they first got together. Not realizing YET that it will never happen and you have to learn to enjoy the newness of everyday even though it may be more boring than the first year of banging like crazy in the backseat of a car etc.

ALL women get this way and I'm not even kidding! From what the OP has said, he is in the phase of when the wife brings up the "team" thing. The OP more than likely has responded with "I do this! I do that! And what do you do?? I pay for this life we live and you don't even work! And now you're blaming ME for this CHIT????!"

This is a guy's defense mechanism response to someone questioning their contribution. I know because I've done it. I still don't understand how it affects women so bad but man you put those words out there and they are hurt and truly affected by them. They can call men every name in the book and we'll forget it the next day. Women, for some reason, DO NOT FORGET THE CHIT SAID IN ANGER! EVVVVVERRRRR

These incidents will add up over time and one day she will pull a card on you. Not necessarily the divorce card all the time but if you have ignored her pleas to stop making her feel like crap, it will happen. Fair or not. No matter how much you point out that she started chit or said this so you said that, she will dwell on that chit while we work our asses off to make sure our lives our going well.

Thankfully, I have realized this quirk about women and me and my spouse are very happy.

wish that i knew this a couple years ago

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
dont you guys think that I need to see what happens at the marriage counselor before i get a lawyer??

I don't know.

But I'm dying to see Fireproof.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

YGBFKM

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I don't know.

But I'm dying to see Fireproof.

Travis

You'll love it, its uber

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rooster7

You're welcome. Hope everything works out for you.

So Rooster, the secret is to let her nag and raise hell and curse you and run you down and you just keep your mouth shut, hang your head and turn the other cheek?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wow, 55 pages of posts on your topic and you have read none of them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bonnie Raitt knows...

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I think you an' Bristoe should do a tag-team show together. I think y'all'd be great together. Should have America straightened out within about 6 months.

Add Steelhead to the mix and cut this to 4 months. smile

Heck, I'd pay to see those three fellas work together on TV...

I can see it now "Politically incorrect advice for the lovelorn"...

John

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stay tuned for all the REST of the crazy chit that can go on in someone's life.
This thread is gonna hit 150 pages.
Anyone know where I can get a screamin' deal on 6 months worth of popcorn?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I think you an' Bristoe should do a tag-team show together. I think y'all'd be great together. Should have America straightened out within about 6 months.

Add Steelhead to the mix and cut this to 4 months. smile

Heck, I'd pay to see those three fellas work together on TV...

I can see it now "Politically incorrect advice for the lovelorn"...

John

No way it goes 4 months-at least one is dead inside of a week.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Marriage counselor ,monday 8:30am

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Good luck. I can tell you from experience that throwing his desk across the room and walking out does not help.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You should be all set now Birddog�����.

got all kindsa really good advice.

Next problem for the 'fire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
...and next time, find a woman who supports herself and keep your finances separate. She then has just as much to lose financially as you do. I refuse to buy my way out of another relationship ever again.

This.

GF and I broke up 2 weeks ago. Been together 4 years and basically lived as married - except we BOTH kept our own finances.

Break up going great because of it - there's nothing to split or worry about. What's mine is mine - her's is hers. Easy as pie.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Next problem for the 'fire. [/quote]

I feel dirty/sleazy when buying gas at less than $2.00gal.
What should I do?

Signed,
Confused in Virginia

FJB & FJT
Page 27 of 65 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.