Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fred Dicker, NY Post NYS Political Columninst today grin

Gov . Cuomo is �freaked-out and furious� over the bombshell criminal charges dropped on Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver last week � and �obsessed with fear�� because of the ongoing federal corruption probe.
One source described Cuomo as �doubly enraged�� by hard-driving Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara�s decision to bring the five criminal corruption charges against Silver just hours after the governor delivered his State of the State address � and then, less than 24 hours after that, to indict Albany�s �three men in a room�� culture in which Cuomo is the lead player.
�Cuomo feels Preet just walked all over him,�� said the source.
Knowledgeable insiders, including law-enforcement experts, said it wasn�t accidental that Bharara brought the charges against Silver just hours after Cuomo�s State of the State.
�Prosecutors have a lot of discretion, and when they time a high-profile arrest in a way that steps all over Cuomo�s speech, that�s the use of discretion for a purpose,�� a former federal prosecutor told The Post.
And several sources described Cuomo � who along with his aides is being investigated by Bharara over the abrupt disbanding of the governor�s Moreland Act commission on public corruption � as �on edge�� over Bharara�s ominous statement Friday that the public should �stay tuned�� for more criminal charges to come.
�Andrew�s been working the phones day and night, staying up into the early morning hours, making hundreds of calls in one day trying to find out what the hell is going on,�� a source close to the governor said.
Cuomo, who has retained a private lawyer, has enlisted several former federal and state-level prosecutors with ties to Bharara�s office including Steve Cohen, his former chief-of-staff, in an effort to find out Bharara�s next move, the sources said.
�He�s freaked-out, furious, and obsessed with fear, it�s like a nightmare for him. The whole narrative he laid out for his second term has been derailed by Bharara,�� said a source in regular contact with the governor.
�The narrative has been taken over by Bharara and it�s all about Albany�s corruption, not Cuomo and his program for the state,�� the source said.
State political circles are abuzz with speculation that Bharara is seeking to determine if Cuomo had any knowledge of Silver�s allegedly illegal outside income last spring when he agreed with Silver and Senate Republican Leader Dean Skelos to fold the commission.
The hair-pulling turmoil that has engulfed Assembly Democrats over the possible (and many believe likely) need to replace Silver as speaker hasn�t been seen since Syracuse-area Assembly Majority Leader Michael Bragman unsuccessfully sought to oust Silver in 2000.
A half-dozen names of possible replacements are on lawmakers� lips and here, direct from a usually authoritative Assembly member, is a late bulletin on the maneuvering: �The Queens County organization is making calls for [Queens Assemblywoman] Cathy Nolan.
�A Queens/Bronx coalition would counterbalance a Brooklyn/Manhattan coalition under [Assemblymen] Joe Lentol [Brooklyn] and Keith Wright [the Manhattan Democratic chairman], with 30 votes each.
�Bronx County Chairman [Carl Heastie] is looking like the kingmaker here.��
That said, a lot of smart money is on well-regarded Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chairman Herman �Denny� Farrell Jr. of Manhattan, a former state Democratic chairman, as a non-controversial successor to Silver, at least on a short-term �interim�� basis.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
he could do everyone a favor and stroke out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good! Let the prick sweat it out!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RWE

I second that motion!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The people who own Obama are behind this. They've given every potential dem presidential candidate the rope to hang themselves so they'd have smoother sailing for whomever it is they've got in mind to succeed Obama. Making HC SofS was a surefire way to get her to self-distruct. They put her under pressure and gave her no support, and it worked. Same with John "You've Got a Friend" Kerry.
Cuomo hasn't been on the national stage, so Obama pushed him to run the SAFE act through, knowing it would destroy him in the red states, and now his federal prosecutor has unearthed the rampant corruption everyone knew was in NY. This thing will resonate way past the dem convention for the 16 elections. Nothing is as simple as it seems.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
All crook politicos ought to
feel that same heat.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You reckon Cuomo wishes he had been a little cop friendlier? We know where the Feds get their information.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
wink

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ship is going down in NY. Wonder when the rats will start leaving?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cra1948
The people who own Obama are behind this. They've given every potential dem presidential candidate the rope to hang themselves so they'd have smoother sailing for whomever it is they've got in mind to succeed Obama. Making HC SofS was a surefire way to get her to self-distruct. They put her under pressure and gave her no support, and it worked. Same with John "You've Got a Friend" Kerry.
Cuomo hasn't been on the national stage, so Obama pushed him to run the SAFE act through, knowing it would destroy him in the red states, and now his federal prosecutor has unearthed the rampant corruption everyone knew was in NY. This thing will resonate way past the dem convention for the 16 elections. Nothing is as simple as it seems.

Safe act was coumo's baby just Obama agreed with it.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tbear99
Originally Posted by cra1948

Safe act was coumo's baby just Obama agreed with it.

SAFE Act was BLOOMBERG's baby; Cuomo just birthed it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by RWE

I second that motion!

We have a motion that has been seconded. All in favor say "Aye"

Aye

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mario Coumo wanted to basically do a safe act when he was in.His damaged us enough then son wanted carry on

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like Preet Bharara will soon "commit suicide" and be found with 5 shots in the back...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cuomo will look good in an orange jumpsuit!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure would like to see them fall, right along with the IL demoncraps.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This holds the threat of near complete destruction of ANY Cuomo "legacy". Papa Mario croaked and got screwed into the ground the day after Andy got sworn in for his second term. THEN after the State of the State speech,Bharara schidtcans Shelly Silver. Daddy ain't around to advise or protect junior anymore and the entire legacy is now at risk. I AM enjoying this-GREATLY!!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What a great read on a Monday morning.

It makes me smile like heck!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I AM enjoying this-GREATLY!!!

Me too. I'm not from anywhere near NY, but anytime I can watch the Schit bags squirm like the snake they are is a good day for me.

Camp is where you make it.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tzone
What a great read on a Monday morning.

It makes me smile like heck!

Ha. This for sure. ^^^^

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 27 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,379
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.