Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Crazy what really matters to folks. Simply crazy.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
this thread proves once again, that sometimes folks should just not post things in the first place. No one ever got their azz reamed for not posting.

Sam......

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12

Dude! Pinot grigio ain't doing your CF persona any favors.

I don't own a grape squeezer.

Just noting the fine line between hurt, humor and hedonism oft depends on what button is being mashed.

Besides, my social vice is getting off on double entendres and not much else...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EdM

Instead of tricking out a cool motorcycle to celebrate a new kidney, I think I'd be looking for a way to do something really, really nice for the first cousin who is donating one of his kidneys to me.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by EdM

Instead of tricking out a cool motorcycle to celebrate a new kidney, I think I'd be looking for a way to do something really, really nice for the first cousin who is donating one of his kidneys to me.

Ruger Charger?

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by safariman
FWIW to all of those poking fun, I did try the Military Surplus Stores around the region for this this stuff, and the artillery shells I want, according to a couple of them, are a thing of the past. No longer available. Something about Federal regulations that I had not heard before. So far, only aluminum canteens as well. I am still hoping for a stainless Steel canteen.

Not sure about them being regulated out of circulation, I had not heard that before, but it could be true. What is true so far is that my searches for the shell casings I want have come up empty. I did not think that asking about them here would bring up such a long thread.

Just trying to add some accessories to the bike while it is down for a while and being worked on anyway, on the cheap. I had no idea that a search for such would cause such a firestorm, but it did and I can live with that. No one was hurt, and some of you had some fun at this. Nothing to fret over. Despite all of the posts poking fun, I am STILL in hopes that someone has one or two of these laying around that they will let me buy or trade them out of. So far striking out at the surplus stores etc. Including on line. If none are found, life shall obviously go on and without much of a care over this one piece of the puzzle not going exactly as I had hoped. Not a big deal and especially not with - as many of you correctly noted - MUCH bigger fish to fry for me these days.

I did get a PM about the ammo cans, which is appreciated.

Some of you would not be fiddling with such things just weeks before a major surgery and long recovery and re hab. Fine. When it is you looking straight in the face of such a thing you plan for it and deal with it as YOU think will be most helpful for YOU.

As to my style or preferences, I want to have fun things that I used to be able to enjoy getting tweaked and tuned and ready for me so that when I am in a hospital room or lab somewhere in Seattle getting IV's put in and taken out, sick from too much or too little of this medicine or that while they try to dial it all in, and for many days dependant upon others to assist me with the basic body functions and activities of daily life.... that I have stuff that I love ready for me to try as soon as I am physically able. I may NOT be quite up to much of a ride or varmint shoot for still months even after I am released from the transplant Center. But the hope and dream being there will lend brightness and a smile to those days drudgery, needles, and feeling quite sick which I am told await me.

This is my way, does not have to be yours. And in fact I do not recall suggesting that anyone besides me handle a potentially fatal procedure and long re hab in my way. I only asked if someone had a couple of items that I need to complete a project. that is not. Getting them or having them on hand for my bike builder friend to use will be a nice fun touch. But not haveing them would not be so bad, either. It ain't this big of a deal folks. Well, too me, anyway.
crazy

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rockchucker
this thread needs an
[Linked Image]

Some would opine, the thread started with a compulsively leaky one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just trying to add some accessories Bizarre, off the wall BALLAST to the bike while it is down for a while and being worked on anyway, on the cheap. No big deal that extra weight will slow my "Race Bike" down.
I care not one whit for streamlining, either,.....the SQUARE ammo cans will look cool at the bar.

FIXED

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/27/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"It ain't this big of a deal folks. Well, too me, anyway."

Mister, if there is only ONE thing the rest of us have learned from your posts here, over the years, it's that EVERYTHING about your life is a really big deal to you, and, you have some strange compulsion to "share" it with us.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You gotta wonder how much he and his wife gain from this site in order to put up with all the abuse.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
why do some like Obama it's a mystery we will never figure out???

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RWE

Besides, my social vice is getting off on double entendres and not much else...

Some things are obvious.

Straddling SI was just too cerebral compared to straddling a HD bitch seat toy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
You gotta wonder how much he and his wife gain from this site in order to put up with all the abuse.

Travis

You should have extra compassion for TRH since he has to trudge that weary abuse road all alone.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"It ain't this big of a deal folks. Well, too me, anyway."

Mister, if there is only ONE thing the rest of us have learned from your posts here, over the years, it's that EVERYTHING about your life is a really big deal to you, and, you have some strange compulsion to "share" it with us.

Travis

It's all part of the narcissism and the scam. The "it's all about me" meshes well with the "I'm a victim and I'm being persecuted" line of their "belief system". If they aren't the center of attention and especially if they feel like they aren't being ridiculed or persecuted or otherwise made a victim, then they simply aren't complete. This gets twisted right up into the long con as they can play the "we're victims; people are mean to us because of what we believe; we're sick; we're poor; please help us" line. With that, they gain confidence and compassion from the marks, and the scam works. At any point along the line when they are caught, the fall back to "we're sick; we're poor; you hate us because of our beliefs" mantra gets trotted right back out.

They've gotten a few to buy into the sales pitch and have their posse ready to ride to their defense whenever they are caught ("leave them alone"; "they're good Christians"; "he/they treated me right"; etc.). That little bit of "done right" builds right into the story line and makes the long con even more effective.

Isn't it just amazing how it's always someone else's fault that the deal went south, or that the old folks called in the insurance bureau and he got nailed, or that they are dead broke (constantly; yet always buying total crap instead of saving a dime), or that the bear didn't get ass-shot and then killed by someone else, or... well, you get the picture. It's part of the narcissism, of the always being a victim and persecuted, and of the con.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Travis

Alex,

What is an attention whore?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have located the artillery shells, ammo cans and S.S. canteen. I was going to donate them to SM, but I saw another thread. Now we're gonna have to build a custom range cart for gunswizard. Does anybody have an uber small winch that we can mount to it? 4WD carts are hard to come by.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Some food for thought, from Martha Stout:

�After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, �How can I tell whom not to trust?� the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle giveaway. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things is reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door

Sociopaths have no regard whatsoever for the social contract, but they do know how to use it to their advantage. And all in all, I am sure that if the devil existed, he would want us to feel very sorry for him.�

�If, instead, you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy, the chances are close to 100 percent that you are dealing with a sociopath.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us

�when confronted with a destructive outcome that is clearly their doing, they will say, plain and simple, �I never did that,� and will to all appearances believe their own direct lie.�

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 01/27/15.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Martha.

Fist Bump.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
that I have stuff that I love ready for me to try as soon as I am physically able.

Stuff. PTL! Stuff.

I know not a single person that has undergone treatment for life threatening illness (or serious health issues in general) that was worried about "stuff". Well, unless the "stuff" focused on those around them - rather than self.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
IT'S A MIRACLE!

[Linked Image]

Now dat is funny!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 64 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.