Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You should have extra compassion for TRH since he has to trudge that weary abuse road all alone.

TRH is odd.

But I don't recall him scamming anybody.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager
[It's all part of the narcissism and the scam. The "it's all about me" meshes well with the "I'm a victim and I'm being persecuted" line of their "belief system". If they aren't the center of attention and especially if they feel like they aren't being ridiculed or persecuted or otherwise made a victim, then they simply aren't complete. This gets twisted right up into the long con as they can play the "we're victims; people are mean to us because of what we believe; we're sick; we're poor; please help us" line. With that, they gain confidence and compassion from the marks, and the scam works. At any point along the line when they are caught, the fall back to "we're sick; we're poor; you hate us because of our beliefs" mantra gets trotted right back out.

They've gotten a few to buy into the sales pitch and have their posse ready to ride to their defense whenever they are caught ("leave them alone"; "they're good Christians"; "he/they treated me right"; etc.). That little bit of "done right" builds right into the story line and makes the long con even more effective.

Isn't it just amazing how it's always someone else's fault that the deal went south, or that the old folks called in the insurance bureau and he got nailed, or that they are dead broke (constantly; yet always buying total crap instead of saving a dime), or that the bear didn't get ass-shot and then killed by someone else, or... well, you get the picture. It's part of the narcissism, of the always being a victim and persecuted, and of the con.

Churches are full of 'em.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You should have extra compassion for TRH since he has to trudge that weary abuse road all alone.

TRH is odd.

But I don't recall him scamming anybody.

Travis

Didn't intend to imply that. Just talking about the abuse he takes from some of his more "colorful posts".

I can't recall him ever even hurtin' anybody's feelers.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think safariman and his wife are psychotic.

Travis

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by safariman
that I have stuff that I love ready for me to try as soon as I am physically able.

Stuff. PTL! Stuff.

I know not a single person that has undergone treatment for life threatening illness (or serious health issues in general) that was worried about "stuff". Well, unless the "stuff" focused on those around them - rather than self.

[Linked Image]

Do you know anybody that underwent treatment for a life threatening illness or surgery that recovered at a KOA campground? If not, they probably weren't uber enough! What a fuggin joke this cat is.

Complete sociopath.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Travis

I believe psychotic con artists is the correct term?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not so sure all their posts aren't created by one individual...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tzone

Travis

I believe psychotic con artists is the correct term?

Yes.

Travis

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Some food for thought, from Martha Stout:

�After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, �How can I tell whom not to trust?� the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle giveaway. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things is reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door

Sociopaths have no regard whatsoever for the social contract, but they do know how to use it to their advantage. And all in all, I am sure that if the devil existed, he would want us to feel very sorry for him.�

�If, instead, you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy, the chances are close to 100 percent that you are dealing with a sociopath.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us

�when confronted with a destructive outcome that is clearly their doing, they will say, plain and simple, �I never did that,� and will to all appearances believe their own direct lie.�

Psychotic, no . Sociopathic absolutely. Can't be psychotic by the definition of psychotic, but there are sociopathic persons who may be bipolar, manic depressive. There can be some fleeting delusional stuff with bipolar D.O.

But the real question, IMHO, is what kind of perverse pleasure do those people get, by denigrating others over and over, just to make themselves look superior. May I live in hell if I ever resort to feathering my ego, by a constant tirade of bullying someone, who obviously is not well. Just don't answer his ads.... not out of sympathy, but out of self respect.

Last edited by Wyogal; 01/27/15.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
But the real question, IMHO, is what kind of perverse pleasure do those people get, by denigrating others over and over, just to make themselves look superior.
I cannot recall safariman, and certainly not his wife, denigrating anyone. Not saying it never happened, but only that compared to the rest of the lot on this site, he is no worse than many and much better than most, in that regard.

Neither, do I believe it fair to cast his sins upon his wife. She should have no part in any of this piling on. The lions share of her posts that I have read, are praying for and encouraging others.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's all part of the narcissism and the scam. The "it's all about me" meshes well with the "I'm a victim and I'm being persecuted" line of their "belief system". If they aren't the center of attention and especially if they feel like they aren't being ridiculed or persecuted or otherwise made a victim, then they simply aren't complete. This gets twisted right up into the long con as they can play the "we're victims; people are mean to us because of what we believe; we're sick; we're poor; please help us" line. With that, they gain confidence and compassion from the marks, and the scam works. At any point along the line when they are caught, the fall back to "we're sick; we're poor; you hate us because of our beliefs" mantra gets trotted right back out.

They've gotten a few to buy into the sales pitch and have their posse ready to ride to their defense whenever they are caught ("leave them alone"; "they're good Christians"; "he/they treated me right"; etc.). That little bit of "done right" builds right into the story line and makes the long con even more effective.

Isn't it just amazing how it's always someone else's fault that the deal went south, or that the old folks called in the insurance bureau and he got nailed, or that they are dead broke (constantly; yet always buying total crap instead of saving a dime), or that the bear didn't get ass-shot and then killed by someone else, or... well, you get the picture. It's part of the narcissism, of the always being a victim and persecuted, and of the con.

RickyD and Wyogal show up to confirm a good bit of this; right on time and on schedule.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wonder, does he have all his "saviors" on retainer ?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RickyD
But the real question, IMHO, is what kind of perverse pleasure do those people get, by denigrating others over and over, just to make themselves look superior.
I cannot recall safariman, and certainly not his wife, denigrating anyone. Not saying it never happened, but only that compared to the rest of the lot on this site, he is no worse than many and much better than most, in that regard.

Neither, do I believe it fair to cast his sins upon his wife. She should have no part in any of this piling on. The lions share of her posts that I have read, are praying for and encouraging others.

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The denigrating behavior I was referring to was by some other on this thread,
not S.M

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

It's all part of the narcissism and the scam. The "it's all about me" meshes well with the "I'm a victim and I'm being persecuted" line of their "belief system". If they aren't the center of attention and especially if they feel like they aren't being ridiculed or persecuted or otherwise made a victim, then they simply aren't complete. This gets twisted right up into the long con as they can play the "we're victims; people are mean to us because of what we believe; we're sick; we're poor; please help us" line. With that, they gain confidence and compassion from the marks, and the scam works. At any point along the line when they are caught, the fall back to "we're sick; we're poor; you hate us because of our beliefs" mantra gets trotted right back out.

RickyD and Wyogal show up to confirm a good bit of this; right on time and on schedule.

Not sympathy. But self respect. 4ager, just because you think it, it doesn't make it necessarily true....

Last edited by Wyogal; 01/27/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Not sympathy. But self respect. 4ager, just because you think it, it doesn't make it necessarily true....

The same goes, lady.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I know it. Just thought you might need reminding.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Calm down, this has been a productive thread in many respects.

Duct taping beer cans together for exhaust stacks being but one of many innovative and exciting custom touches we've developed.

I think an oak framed chopper powered by a 5.9 Cummins would be cool ....using small highway culverts for the exhaust pipes.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not at all, but I appreciate your concern about my self-respect. I'm not looking at him or them with rose-colored glasses and I'm not buying what they're selling for a myriad of reasons.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Spending an awful lot of attention on this thread, for someone not buying. And yes, self respect is a good thing.

And recyling beer cans might could be a good endeavor for those who may have a couple thousand out on the back deck over winter.
Might give 'em purpose.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I simply enjoy making fun of them.

And I lost all my self-respect a long time ago. So no worries there.

Travis

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,384
Posts18,506,743
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.