Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I don't know allot about her but I've yet to hear anything bad and I'll take a Governor over a Washington insider so I'd support her.

How about Walker/Martinez?

To win the General, she HAS to be at the top of the ticket. The V P slot allows the media to scream "pandering to women and Hispanics".

And what does Walker have in his resume that makes him a better choice?

Well,,, he's won three elections in four years (one a recall) in an UBER liberal state.
He's also taken on (and defeated) the Teachers union. Which pleases me to no end.

As far as the media goes, they'll say that regardless of where she runs.

I'm not against her being at the top of the ticket though but I'd like to know allot more about her first.
So I ask you the same question.
What does Martinez have in her resume that makes her a better choice?

I'm willing to consider their resumes as being equal. But..... if a resume of accomplishments were to be the deal maker, or breaker, I'd say Perry has 'em both beat.

And if resumes counted for much, Romney would have won in '12.

People in this country are ready for somebody new and exciting just as they were in 2008.

THAT ain't Walker.

It sure as hell ain't Bush.

You're the one that brought up "resume's".

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, yeah, I did bring up the question of Walker's resume. Because, face it, in the intangible - but important - parts of what makes up "electability", Martinez seems to bring a lot more to the table.

Folks from the Midwest probably don't count being "bland" as a handicap, but candidates from that part of the country suffer from it in the minds of the rest of the country.

Al Franken is about the only exception to the blandness rule. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Before long, we are going to be saddled with a woman president. If it happens to be someone like Hillery or her ilk, they will ruin, if not break, the country, much like zero has. So, Martinez sounds like a good opportunity to shut up the MSM, as much as anyone could, get the electorate excited for someone new and a lady to boot, and take the heat off getting a female in the WH. I also believe she'd do a good job.

An excellent summation, my friend.

I wish SteveNo was around. Be interesting to read his rebuttal.

Then again, he's a pretty sensible guy, and he is NOT the Establishment bootlicker some tried to make him out to be.

He might would surprise me. Might even have taken down the picture he had of him and McCain. grin

As quiet as Steve_NO has been, I figure he's angling for an appointment somewhere, or local election, so minimizing his web-presence. Just a hunch.

Our loss, he was funny.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen

As far as being a V. P. candidate, I don't think that she will do it, even if they try to draft her. She has strong family ties and responsibilities in New Mexico right now and she doesn't seem to want to strain them.

Additionally, her husband Chuck Franco retired as Undersheriff in Dona Ana County when she was elected the first time. I have heard nothing negative about Chuck, but politics at the Sheriff's Office in Dona Ana County have been practiced along the lines of what we used to "Mexican politics" when I was growing up over in Texas. Democrats are likely to look harder at his background since they haven't found anything in hers to attack.

As long as it wasn't Rio Arriba county!

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ben may have a point. Reckon her husband has a "negroheadrock" on his hunting lease?

Last edited by curdog4570; 01/30/15.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Putting a (strong, smart) women #1 on the Repub ticket certainly would stifle the MSN as well as the Dems. Having a Hispanic checks additional boxes and would then allow the Rs to work a VP based on the biggest hole that needs to be filled.

And based on what I know about her, she sounds like a solid candidate. We could do much worse.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know allot about her but I've yet to hear anything bad and I'll take a Governor over a Washington insider so I'd support her.

How about Walker/Martinez?

I could support such a ticket. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Walker / Martinez and a North East NJ guy wouldnt have to hold his nose for once.

Thats hold my nose for voting... not in general.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some New Mexico politics

NM lawmaker back at Legislature after husband sentenced

SANTA FE, N.M. � A northern New Mexico lawmaker who skipped the opening days of the legislative session to attend her husband�s sentencing hearing has been sworn in.

House Democrats announced Monday that state Rep. Debbie Rodella of Espanola took the oath of office after missing a week.

She had attended hearings involving her husband, former Rio Arriba County Sheriff Thomas Rodella.

The ex-lawman was sentenced last week to 10 years in federal prison for abusing a driver in a bizarre, off-duty traffic stop that prosecutors described as a fit of road rage.

U.S. District Judge James Browning said after reading letters from the public, it appeared Thomas Rodella also abused his position in exchange for votes for his wife.

The Espanola Democrat did not respond to a reporter�s question about the judge�s comment.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

We've improved! At one time we were tied with Mississippi (IIRC) for 1st place!

That said Susana inherited a long-term problem, I believe we are now on the seventh generation of welfare recipients. And we're STILL better than DC. where the folks that could resolve the problem reside!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.