Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
It's that time again! We've all forgotten about the miserable weather from last year and pray for a bit warmer weather this year!

We are looking to have the Gathering at our place again, just west of the big city of Gilmer, TX, but a bit later in April due to scheduling conflicts here.

Looks like the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, April 24, 25, and 26 will be the dates.

I am hoping that everyone who was here last year can make it again and those who couldn't make it, will be able to join us!

There will be eating, drinking, lie telling, singing (if I can get curdog4570 to bring his guitar whistle ) rifle, handgun, and shotgun shooting, bullshooting (different from lying wink ), fishing, archery, and a snipe hunt.

We can shoot out to 350 yards and will have several shooting contests set up.

The Prairie Dog Shoot will be featured, any rifle, any caliber, any sights or optics, any position, one shot, cold bore at a 1/2" orange dot on a life-size silhouette of a prairie dog at 200 yards. Closest to the center of the dot wins. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off.

Last year, we had planned on a military rifle shoot, traditional archery shoot, an Elk Shoot, and a pistol duel (using a dueling tree, not each other! eek grin )but we got weathered out. Those are options again as well as any other suggestions y'all might have.

Oh, we HAVE to have a BPCR shoot! grin ( I think I'll drop a hammer on sharpsguy's hands a couple of times to handicap him. Accidently, of course. whistle grin )

Kids are welcome as this is a family affair. There is plenty of camping spots available, a couple of beds inside the "Barn House", and hotels in Gilmer, roughly 15 miles away if that's your idea of "roughing it". grin

I expect most folks to come in on Friday, the 24th, and most folks stay until Sunday afternoon.

Once we have an idea of how many folks can come, we will start looking seriously at the menus and accoutrements.

We had a great time last year and I think this year will be even better! I hope y'all can make it!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool! Sounds like fun. And I probably don't even need to bring table, or chairs, or cooking pans...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Havta see what the future holds. Things are still hectic. But I got it on my calendar.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean Barbara didn't leave you on account of the last one?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not exactly, but he has been spending a lot of time in South Texas. grin

Not sure how my future is going to be, I was at the back Doctor yesterday and he is going to call in the next few days with an operation date. Said lots of stuff wrong with my back but he is just going to try to fix a little of it this time. If possible, I will be there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only complaint I had was the eggs were late in the morning.
Someone needs to wake that guy up about 6 am this time. Or even 5. Cook needs to be awake to cook. blush

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh the morning cook will be there.

And he will site in the rifle this time. Makes shooting the PD a little easier.

Last edited by Wtxj; 02/10/15.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"Make that three hard boiled eggs."

"Do you have stewed prunes?"

Last edited by kaywoodie; 02/10/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
"Make that three hard boiled eggs."

"Do you have stewed prunes?"

No, but I know where a Hamm's beer is... grin

I hope you can make it, Bob. Prayers continue for y'all.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
The only complaint I had was the eggs were late in the morning.
Someone needs to wake that guy up about 6 am this time. Or even 5. Cook needs to be awake to cook. blush

That can be arranged! eek laugh

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Well, she's the one who has kept asking "when are we going to have the next one?" grin

Are you bringing the lovely Peggy with you this time? She's a LOT better looking than you and has better manners, to boot. laugh

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm out Ed. I'll be in Orange shooting that weekend.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

You're hurting the one good feeler I had left, you know.

I'm truly sorry you won't be there, but I understand that fame and fortune come before us mere mortals. wink grin

Ed

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I have to check the kids calendar. But, I'm not going to let the in-laws cancel me this year.

Dave

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Y'all have a big time!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone needs to wake that guy up about 6 am this time.

Hey, I woke you up at the time requested. Just for hurting my feelers, I refuse to cook bacon in a Wok again. Just kidding that worked out fine, except for David eating it half raw. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
eating it half raw... I dont' let it get warm... its ham after all....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

You're hurting the one good feeler I had left, you know.

I'm truly sorry you won't be there, but I understand that fame and fortune come before us mere mortals. wink grin

Ed

I keep telling everybody how tough it is to be me. Nobody understands but you Ed.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I'm not a real cook so I didn't know everyone would be up looking at me wondering where the eggs and bacon were. But I got busy real quick. With the help of some of the ladies, Miles and Patrick we got it done and eaten. Ladies even washed dishes.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Does the cook have to wash his hands, put on long pants and use a clean skillet?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,974
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.