Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
My concern is, what kind of wife would put herself above your having a satisfied life.

The kind that are tied to Momma's apron strings...those binds won't be broken.

I fought that battle with a GF long ago. Looking back, glad that relationship fell thru.

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
anywhere but SD I'd say. you guys don't want to live here with our long seasons and liberal bag limits.

They should make the bag limits less liberal...so I can get a tag. laugh

Sounds like they will be cutting many tag numbers in the next round...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess you kinda nailed it down right about there, DW.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dude I live in Cali too, if you've got a good woman don't screw it up. Quite focusing on the negative stuff and make the most of it where your at. Try and spend some more time out of state during hunting season. I lived in Idaho for several years but it was harder to make a living, had to work all the time. Now I live here and work less and can afford to spend more time hunting in Idaho than I did when I lived there.

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey Sal, just where are you located that is causing all this frustration? Cause I can relate to the trash in some areas.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by 700LH
Seems to me Sal Ca. aside, you have a pretty nice life, better than most.
Try to not see the mess of Ca. and try to see all the good things in your life.

California sounds like a hell of a place to be an outlaw. Maybe it's just time for an ethics adjustment.

My sentiments exactly Lt .
What can you do when the government is lawless.... But CYA and have somebody watch your back.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Even in my little remote town in AK the liberals are starting to gain numbers. Idiots all over the place around here. Grass isn't always greener....

If you have the ability to get in a vehicle and drive to other areas, consider yourself lucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had no problem divorcing mine when she wanted to run back down to L48.

Guess what? I wake up every day generally happier with my life than she does hers.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You don't have to tie yourself to notions of 'force' or 'divorce'.

Just follow your dreams. Maybe your wife will follow. Maybe not. Maybe some time apart will give one or both of you some needed perspective.

Lots of relationships are tested when the child raising is over.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Unreal! As an antique, that flintlock isn't even an issue in Canada.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Whoever brings home the bacon determines where the bacon is taken.

I figure the squaws didnt feel too happy about having to break down the teepee and load it up for a move, but since she didnt bring in the buffalo the hunter dictated when and where to go.

50/50 on the bacon.
Deal breaker is that we live in the house that her deceased brother built.

I lose... frown

Sal, where would you want to move to that would at least be close enough to what you have now?
Get two sheets of paper out and on one list the positives and on the other the negatives.
I'm in Illinois, near Chicago and I would move in a minute. Except for an out of work, going to school, live at home son and my daughter and my three grandchildren nearby. Plus... Wife has more than a few years left before she can retire.
_________

I would probably trade places with you and feel I'm getting the better of the deal

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Won't have too, Wifey has never tried to force me to do anything, I am very sorry about your situation though.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've tried to add something to what's been said, but you've been given three or four very good suggestions and sentiments. I guess you need to ask yourself if you love her or yourself more.

Can't imagine this situation could get any more trying for you. Tough spot to be in and I'm very sorry for you.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes i would or we could stay married and she could live there by herself , because i wouldn't go

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The trouble with not going to follow your dreams is that you will be unhappy.

Consciously or subconsciously you will begin to blame your wife for your unhappiness. Maybe not in words, but she will feel it loud and clear.

Then the whole camp is unhappy. How is that going to be a good situation for anybody involved.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sal I am a fifth generation Californian. I moved from the Sacramento Valley to northeastern Cal about six years ago. I left a ranch that I was third generation on because there were just to many damn people. I don't like what California has become, hell I don't like what the US has become. If we could just get rid of all the people in the major cities this would be a great place again. Most of these libs are not over second generation, they all came from somewhere else. As Ltppowell said become an outlaw. I know I will be a criminal before it is over.
If you love your wife, make it work, if you don't then leave. ED

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Last edited by Paradiddle; 02/17/15.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Whoever brings home the bacon determines where the bacon is taken.

I figure the squaws didnt feel too happy about having to break down the teepee and load it up for a move, but since she didnt bring in the buffalo the hunter dictated when and where to go.

Only if she wanted to eat. Too many women make enough on their own to let men go if they wanted to.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sal,

Have you and your wife watched this yet?

[Linked Image]

Don't do it. It was backed by public employees unions.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by m_s_s
Sal I am a fifth generation Californian. I moved from the Sacramento Valley to northeastern Cal about six years ago. I left a ranch that I was third generation on because there were just to many damn people. I don't like what California has become, hell I don't like what the US has become. If we could just get rid of all the people in the major cities this would be a great place again. Most of these libs are not over second generation, they all came from somewhere else. As Ltppowell said become an outlaw. I know I will be a criminal before it is over.
If you love your wife, make it work, if you don't then leave. ED

Yep, good post Ed.

I'd also think about lengthening out those stirrups leathers one click....grin

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,107 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.