Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I would have never married a woman who would force me to live somewhere.

The woman you are married to today may not be the woman you thought you married years ago!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Seems to me Sal Ca. aside, you have a pretty nice life, better than most.
Try to not see the mess of Ca. and try to see all the good things in your life.

This for sure. Look into buying another property in the state of your preference to use as a part time residence/base camp while maintaining your present addy/home.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd like to change my answer.

Instead of watching Fireproof, watch Gone Girl.

Proceed accordingly.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
Interesting topic...I asked my girl last night. What she would do if I said Fuggit, I can't take MN much longer (which is true) and said I'm moving to SD.

She said she'd pack and move because being with me was more important than where we were.

Two things come to mind.

Young and Naive.

Bait and Switch.

YMMV.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd like to change my answer.

Instead of watching Fireproof, watch Gone Girl.

Proceed accordingly.

Travis

Could you imagine living with that nut job.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Could you imagine living with that nut job.

I think I did.

I was just a lot smarter than Ben Affleck. (which isn't saying much)

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by tzone
Interesting topic...I asked my girl last night. What she would do if I said Fuggit, I can't take MN much longer (which is true) and said I'm moving to SD.

She said she'd pack and move because being with me was more important than where we were.

Two things come to mind.

Young and Naive.

Bait and Switch.

YMMV.

Neither of us is young or naïve. But in the case of bait and switch...see my first post on this subject.

Camp is where you make it.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have a good hunting buddy and business partner who's wife decided the two of them were going to move to Washington DC so she could work for a very liberal lobbying group. She is now his ex-wife.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Salmonella: Sorry to hear of your dilemma.
I would not even consider living in kalifornicopia!
Divorce her.
Best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would you say that if she is a Seahawks fan?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
that's pretty broad Tarkio,

you could be right

but there's a distinct possibility you're all wrong about her.

they have a beautiful home in a beautiful place, and have raised a fine son there, Sal has been on many a cool hunting and fishing trip

so it may just be in his wife's mind, "what's not to love, baby, we've got it good and we've done good"

don't think the majority of women concern themselves much day to day with the political scenario

I know my wife doesn't, and I know she believes I'm a bit of a worry wart about things, I'm really at my most useful when the SHTF. When we were out of power for over a week she publicly commented that they tease me about being a boy scout, but as she sat by the wood fire and smelled bacon and coffee cooking, had lights to see by said she was glad I was prepared for eventualities.

And family is a priority for women ime, particularly their family if it's not dysfunctional. Particularly as they get older.

I understand where Sal is coming from in spades, CA is incrementally getting worse by the day (but truthfully other than some narrow decisions affirming our 2nd rights so is the USA)

but I also understand the fear or bewilderment is wife may have about his desire to move,

we're happy here, my family is here, we've done good here, you've got to do all the outdoor adventures most guys dream about.

hope it works out the best for all of them, they seem like a good family to me, and that includes the Mrs. from what I've gleaned from Sal's posts over the years

I understand all that.

My take on it is that Sal is very unhappy living there. Sounds as though his wife will not listen to his concerns and has made ZERO attempt at helping him resolve his problems.

That's what a couple does. Help one another. Even if one is having a problem that is more perception than reality, the other's responsibility is and should be to help. Not tune them out and say repeatedly that all is great. End of story.

My main point is that I would not leave my wife solely because of address. But if address were a problem for me and she refused to even listen to my concerns and help resolve the issue (doesn't mean we'd have to move but simply that she would listen and help me deal with the problem in some form or fashion), her unwillingness to work with me would result in my swift departure.

That is why I qualified things by saying, "sounds as though... And if so, I would...."

If I've read it wrong, then all bets are off on my approach.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, and I've divorced for less...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Curious as to how well Sal has voiced his concerns, his plan for their employment in the move, etc. Moving on ones own "to start a new life" is a big as decision.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You only get one life.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sal, you already live there and your wife just doesn't want to move. She's not forcing you to do anything.

I guess you could divorce her if she doesn't follow you out of state but IMHO she's happy where she's at and really isn't asking/forcing you to do anything.

I didn't force my Californian wife to move to the middle of nowhere. It was more of a gentle transition/coercion. And yes, I'm very thankful she went along with the idea.

After all these years you know me Sam.
I live a life that ain't Kalifornian in the least, but things are about to get one Helluva lot worse.

It's the hardest call of my life to be honest.
I thought I would throw out a question that some could wrestle with, as many here are smarter than I.

I have a beautiful country wife that most would love to have, but there is simply no way in Hell she's leaving, while I'd leave in the morning if it t'wernt for her dragging behind...

Is she even willing to sit down and discuss it with you?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Women can be funny critters, in the best of times. When we moved from CA to AK 18 years ago, she was all for it. Not an easy move with a 2 1/2 y/o and a 7 month old and moving all of our meager possessions stuffed into two cars and two trailers with more than a few details to be worked out upon arrival.

Fast forward to last weekend, we moved less than 30 miles and she dragged her feet for the year and change it took to get a lot and have a house built on it. 3500 mile move, no problem, less than 30 miles, man was it tough! Now that she's in the new house, she absolutely loves it.

When you add a woman's emotional attachment to a place, it is going to be damn tough to get her to uproot and move. Especially if she doesn't see any good reason for the move.

With all that said and with Sal's matter at hand, something I came to realize about 8 years ago is that if I staked my happiness on who is in political power, I'd be sorely disappointed. You have to base what makes you happy, and making yourself happy squarely on your own shoulders, as that is all you have any control over. A big move to a place where people are "more reasonable" can often be a big disappointment.

Originally Posted by Salmonella

I look around me and there are so few that think like I do.
Damn few hunters, damn few conservatives, damn few right wing gun owners.
I am at work and look around and I see very few real men.
I see politically correct company "men" phags, democrats, liberals, anti hunters, anti gunners, people that look at my type as being the enemy.

Welcome to the United States in 2015, you simply can't avoid those types no matter where you live. Are there some bastions of people that mostly have common sense?, absolutely, well more or less. But any place that is populated with people, is going to have a percentage of jerks and fools.

Have I been glad for having made the move to Alaska from California? Absolutely, I can't imagine having raised my family any where else. Have I also been disappointed that the reality of living here fell short of the dream I had in my head before moving? Absolutely as well.

If you're married to a good woman (they are few and far between) the two of you will figure out a way to make it work. That may be in California, or it may be somewhere else. If you find yourself drowning and she won't let you come up to catch a breath, then you'll come to a realization that for whatever reason your relationship is no longer compatible and one or both parties are being sell fish and it's time to go separate ways.

As others keep saying, you need to sit down and start discussing the situation. If she is unwilling to listen to you or engage in the conversation, well that's telling.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You have so many days on this pile of dirt. How do you want to spend them? 16 years old and answers about girls etc. Over 40 and you better be concerned about what things look like under your feet.

Ten years pounding around? 5? 15? Better be someplace good or your tits up and looking for answers..
W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looking back on almost thirty years of marriage (which is a lot for a cop), I can honestly say that the biggest mistakes I ever made were when I let my wife talk (force) me out of doing something. Land investments, job changes and moves come to mind.

The worst part is that, in almost every case, she came back and said I should have just done it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll use part of a quote from some poster here couple days back....slightly revised:

"I'd rather sit down and whittle me out a bill and pick schitt with the chickens than live where there's millions of AHs!"

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 993 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.