Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Someone called their house on the telephone pretending to be my friend's son - their grandson - saying he had been in an accident and had been arrested and needed bail. I didn't get the details of how they got the money transferred but the old folks sent several hundred dollars as instructed.

Common scam. Somebody nicked my parents for $2K that way.

More recently they tried it on me.

The first thing the ask is, do you know who this is? So I said no, and waited. He came back around again with the same question, finally leading up to him saying he was surprised I didn't know who was. I told him I was even more surprised the he didn't know who he was. And that he was nobody I knew, and that he was a thief trying to scam me. Click.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Just now I got an email from Craig Boddington (?)... I have met him several times, but this email said he was stranded, and requested $1995 dollars to help him out.. I seriously doubt this is a real situation, but a scam.. I did not reply, nor check to see if I had his address, which I may.. I felt the best way to get to the bottom of this is get the info. to folks who know him or how to get intouch with him quickly.. Thanks..

Michelle Obama is stranded and she only need fifty bucks to help her out , just send me the money and i will see that she gets it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I got an email this week from a friend in Oklahoma saying that he took a short vacation to Turkey and was in accident where the cab driver was killed and he had a separated shoulder and bruised head. His chit was stolen when he woke up blah blah blah.

A quick phone call revealed it as a scam. Someone hacked his computer. FFuckin losers..

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
D
I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger, today.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Just now I got an email from Craig Boddington (?)... I have met him several times, but this email said he was stranded, and requested $1995 dollars to help him out.. I seriously doubt this is a real situation, but a scam.. I did not reply, nor check to see if I had his address, which I may.. I felt the best way to get to the bottom of this is get the info. to folks who know him or how to get intouch with him quickly.. Thanks..

I had the same thing happen to me. Mine said that I was stranded in the Philippines. Everyone who got it knew it was a scam because 1) I ain't going to the Philippines; 2) See No. 1. grin

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't sweat it, I just wired him a couple grand.

1Minute
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think he's on his way to Pakistan. He might need it.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,134
Posts18,502,693
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.