-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unconstitutional search and seizure aside, the issue I have with DUI's, is the subjective nature of "intoxication".

If your slap azz hammered and cause an accident then puke on your shoes as you agree not to press charges, I'm on board with a hanging. If you have three beers in an hour and get stopped because your tag is obscured by a tow ball? Um...no.

There should be more options to charge than what is currently available.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feds were in Fort Worth last summer running one. Employed lots of local Leo's to be the force. Said they were just checking how many were driving drunk. Taking blood and didn't really tell the people they didn't have to stop. Feds paid each person for the blood sample. Caused quite a stir.
Police Chief said he wouldn't let the feds employe his guys again.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wasn't that a DNA sampling? Is DWI a Federal Offense on State property?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. That's fugged up.

Gunner, you send in your blood sample yet? Hate to think you'd be a puss about it grin

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Well, Gunner, if I don't take a drink, or die, in the next 17 days, it will make 30 years since my last drink, but I do enjoy a good cigar.

See you at Ed's.

LOL, and 10-4 CD, congrats on the sobriety too. wink

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Wow. That's fugged up.

Gunner, you send in your blood sample yet? Hate to think you'd be a puss about it grin

What U talkin bout MM, hell, I've done give away 5 or 10 gallon of blood, I got more scars in my arm than a damn heroin addict. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're kind of an enabler, aren't you.

How in the hell did you come up with that out of any of these posts? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by curdog4570

A good lawyer can ALWAYS plead it down to reckless driving, public drunkeness, etc.

No, he can't. Not always. Not even most of the time.

Unless you live in a jurisdiction where the prosecutor is corrupt.

I highlighted the wrong word.... I shoulda said " A GOOD lawyer can always........ ."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oddly enough....... the only time in the last thirty years or so that a drunk driver killed or injured occupants of a vehicle other than the one he was driving, IN MY COUNTY , was a fella named Ed Shields who was in the wrong lane at 2 am returning home from a bar. Killed himself and one person in the car he hit head on. The passenger in the other car is in a wheelchair for life.

A DUI checkpoint would never have caught Ed.

HE WAS OUR COUNTY SHERIFF.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
You're kind of an enabler, aren't you.

How in the hell did you come up with that out of any of these posts? miles

I wondered the same thing, Miles. But... since he brought it up........ .

I doubt that cops have any different percentages of alcoholics in their ranks than any other occupational groups that make up the population.

But, from my vantage point, which is better than the average citizen, they ARE the worst group of "enablers". Partly because of that, the rate of recovery appears to be less than that of other bureuacrats, such as schoolteachers and postal workers. Drunk teachers are usually reported by their peers. Postal workers get reported by the general public.

I know that NONE of our forum cops have EVER covered up for a partner with a drinking problem, but they are not representitive of Law Enforcement as a whole.

In he case of our Sheriff I mentioned earlier, the whole damn courthouse crowd knew that he couldn't pass a breath test at any hour of any day, but his party supported him for re-election and he won. The County Judge, County Attorney, State D.A., and ALL the LEO's in the County knew Ed was a drunk, but not a one ever pointed it out to anyone who could have intervened.

One City Cop who WAS fired for being drunk on duty was still riding around with the DPS Troopers two years later, and still drinking. When I threatened to call the Col. if they didn't stop it, one of them told me he "thought they were helping him with his problem by allowing him to still feel a 'part of'."

But.. they immediately put an end to it. A few days after that, and after a couple of begging/threatening phone calls from the ex-cop, I discovered a 22 cal bullet hole thru the window of my house.

No.... I didn't report it. I just had a "come to Jesus" meeting with him and it never happened again.

So.... I know a little about "enabling".

Last edited by curdog4570; 02/24/15. Reason: misspelled cop

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my ex brother in law who is the chief of police in a local town was driven home after being stopped for driving drunk early on in his career.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Wasn't that a DNA sampling? Is DWI a Federal Offense on State property?

Could of been. I don't know on the federal offense on a private parking lot they were using.
Whatever they were stopping folks for, it was in a poor area of town at 12 or 1 am in the morning. biggest part is the Feds didn't tell folks that they didn't have to stop and give the blood.

Glad to hear DWI stops are not ok in Texas. I had no idea. Only get to talk to LEO's at dove/ hog hunts. That group is a good one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not legal in WI.. . But okey-dokey in TN...

Interesting... Somebody on here better stick to pecan pie.. laugh laugh

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/checkpoint_laws.html

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mirage243
Any good cop should treat drunks like this.

Pushing 100k views in one day...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. I love how you have a less than 1% instance of a LEO [bleep] up and all cops are the same. You folks have the same application to this as racism. Then I truly love all the "what if's" and the "this happened to me" bullchit scenarios that are dreamt up after a comment that take things completely out of context. The internet is amazing but not nearly as amazing as the dream world imagination of some folks mind on this site.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.