Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
308cal Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Title says it all, I want an MOA elevation turret, and an MOA reticle that will allow me to hold elevation, and shoot out to 800 yds.

Last edited by 308cal; 02/24/15.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have an SWFA 10x42 Milquad reticle that I like .Might want to go to SWFA site and see what they have.
BTW Mine cost $300.00 or so plus shipping !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nothing wrong with MOA but you are ruling out some really fine choices with that restriction. If you do insist on MOA, I'd be looking at one of the new Bushnell LRHSs

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Look into the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 with M1 turrets, and the TS-32X1 reticle, that should make a great match for what you are looking for, and depending on your cartridge, you probably wouldn't even need a 10, 15, or 20 MOA rail to get to 800 or even 1000 yds.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Are you holding or indexing for wind?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 308cal
Title says it all, I want an MOA elevation turret, and an MOA reticle that will allow me to hold elevation, and shoot out to 800 yds.

Your doing it wrong at 800yds.

Dial elevation and hold wind.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Backwards, and mil will get you there at least as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
308cal Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Your doing it wrong at 800yds.

Dial elevation and hold wind.

No, that's "your" way of doing it. Just because it's not "your" way, doesn't make it wrong. If you don't have something constructive to add, zip it!

If I want to hold both, I can, and if a quick shot presents itself, without time to dial, I can hold it as well.

Originally Posted by 4ager

Backwards, and mil will get you there at least as well.

I didn't ask for mil though, did I?

Slickyboy, thanks, I will look into the Leupy, sounds like you were the only one that could comprehend English correctly.

Last edited by 308cal; 02/25/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
308, if you all ready know everything, why are you asking questions.

Mil Dots are not friendly for long range windshield holds. 4ager was attempting to feed you some very sound advise, and you pissed on his hand.

Way to be a FNG. You're awesome.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Whats an FNG?.........lol.......Hb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really.. F#^% new guy.....

It's early, I know you knew that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

9 posts is all it took. GFY go elsewhere

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

If I want to hold both, I can, and if a quick shot presents itself, without time to dial, I can hold it as well.

Assuming you are going to hold for wind, it sounds like a regular MOA version of a mil-dot style reticle with only hash marks on the vertical and horizontal crosshairs will not work well. You probably need a Horus style or at least a B&C-type reticle. I was going to suggest the NF SVH 2-10x42 with MOAR, but you probably would want something more along the lines of their velocity reticle, which is not available in that scope. Maybe a used NXS-Compact?

Last edited by whitebread; 02/25/15.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Not very friendly right out of the gate, but hey, time will tell.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Not very friendly right out of the gate, but hey, time will tell.

If he knows it all why even bother posting on the subject and then insulting a few people that responded? Do not get that

308cal Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Rouge and Oldelkhunter,

Never said I knew everything, and don't claim to, however, my question was specifics about scopes that have certain atributes, and the best one in their price range. I don't believe my question was "I am doing everything wrong because its not the way you do it, so why don't you tell me how you do it, because it is the correct and only way?" Because that was dang sure the answer I got from JohnBurns and 4ager.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You might do yourself some good by listening to what Mr. Burns has to say. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-6-riflescopes/vx-6-3-18x44mm-30mm-side-focus-cds/

Or call and ask what scopes they'll put their TMOA reticle in.

That reticle combined with M1's would probably be ideal for what you are trying to do.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rouge and Oldelkhunter,

Never said I knew everything, and don't claim to, however, my question was specifics about scopes that have certain atributes, and the best one in their price range. I don't believe my question was "I am doing everything wrong because its not the way you do it, so why don't you tell me how you do it, because it is the correct and only way?" Because that was dang sure the answer I got from JohnBurns and 4ager.

Here's a hint:

You're going to be more accurate and more effective DIALING distance and HOLDING windage, than the reverse. If you can dial both, great, but windage is subject to change far more and far faster than distance, to holding and making slight adjustments there per the conditions is often a better option than constantly dialing and tweaking when the conditions change slightly. Holding distance when you can dial it is just not as accurate.

Also, mil is going to give you just as good a system as does MOA, so don't limit yourself to just one if by chance the "best" you're looking at or for is only offered in mils.

But, you obviously know everything at this point so offering advice is pointless.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

VX-6 2-12. They now have a new horizontal reticle for windage and of course, the CDS for elevation. I think you can get an MOA CDS.

So, that's twist for elevation, hold for windage, like someone posted earlier... cool

DF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.