Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Anyone employed or have family employed by such? If so any personal information how many hours per day / days per week is your company producing 22 ammo. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yes

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aren't they slowed a bit, due to switching over to a summer blend

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Anyone employed or have family employed by such?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yes

I agree.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Aren't you glad you asked. crazy

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCI is here in Idaho so we should have first dibs at 22's doncha think?

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Fiocchi has a plant in the area, trying to obtain information on their production. 700LH locals don't have first dibs at that plant. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
you can also call CCI
they ramped up production from what I have been told

the problem is demand versus supply now

the big run on ammo in 2012 depleted stocks in warehouses/distribution centers nationwide and they haven't been able to get back to that on hand level since
as soon as it hits the market it is basically gone
shooters,hoarders, scalpers

aint nothing in huge amounts like pre2012 levels in storage waiting to be shipped out per regular scheduled replenishment request anymore

had a pretty good discussion with CCI on the phone
all I was trying to do was railroad some small game bullet production item 0058 into my hands
they would not even give ph # on their distrubitors to me nationwide to try and track some down somehow

all I can say
is norma tac-22 and norma match -22 is good ammo(rws actually) and that can be easily hard for reasonable price in todays market

get some shoot some
see for yourself
cci standard velocity is good stuff
aguila can be easily found (rifle match is good stuff,but alittle dirty)

stuff can be found
try gunbot internet site

so you see foreign companies making up the diff now

ruag from Germany manufacters .22 under a lot of different names

google em up
go to rimfire central for info on this subject
you would surprised to what brands of ammo are being made by whom and what that .22 is called and sold for by different brands when In reality it is the same ammo across the board with very minor tweaks

look at a norma round
got the RWS head stamp on it, bigger than stuttgart
that is just one example.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/26/15.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Anyone employed or have family employed by such?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yes

I agree.

Steve.
To be read no and don't know.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to the NSSF, they have all been working 3 shifts for the past 3.5 years.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
i got 450 rds of good .22 ammo
worth about 65$ total minus the 1 box of thunderbolts
so really it is 400 rds in my opinon

that I cant even sell to morons around here for 30 bucks cause they think im trying to scalp em

fugg em let em buy the same stuff at full price

the only reason I wann sell it
is cause I am done with my grouping experiments and have norma match-22 and ccisv readily available and can always fall back on aguila rifle match

if I find some cci small game bullet
then I will buy a bunch of that and be happier
10 shot bug hole group ammo is what interest me
not spray and pray stuff

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 379 Peterbilt
Aren't they slowed a bit, due to switching over to a summer blend
???

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
joke in reference to gas refining

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
According to the NSSF, they have all been working 3 shifts for the past 3.5 years.
I've heard that, too. So, where are all the .22's? No one can horde that many, except the gov.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RickyD,
Look at all the 22 ammo for sale at ridiculous prices on gunbroker and similar sites. Those guys are buying it up as soon as it hits the store shelves. At the heights of the hysteria they were selling all they could get for up to $100.00 a brick. You couldn't find ANY 22s on the shelf anywhere once those guys left the store. Things have cooled a bit, people won't pay those high of a price and the scalpers have slowed down. Now, 22 ammo is starting to show up on shelves here and there from time to time, and those scalpers (for lack of a better word) are holding ammo longer and selling it cheaper. The basements of the hoarders (again for lack of a better word) are all full now, and the bulk of the sales are going to people like me who haven't bought 22ammo in a couple of years and are just trying to put some aside in case this happens again. When and if I find a brick on the shelf for about 25.00 I'll buy it till I get a couple thousand rounds set aside and then I'll be done. There are litterally MILLIONS of people just like me doing the same thing.

The government IS NOT hoarding all of the 22 ammo. It is not being bought up by .gov and dumped at sea.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RickyD,
Look at all the 22 ammo for sale at ridiculous prices on gunbroker and similar sites. Those guys are buying it up as soon as it hits the store shelves. At the heights of the hysteria they were selling all they could get for up to $100.00 a brick. You couldn't find ANY 22s on the shelf anywhere once those guys left the store. Things have cooled a bit, people won't pay those high of a price and the scalpers have slowed down. Now, 22 ammo is starting to show up on shelves here and there from time to time, and those scalpers (for lack of a better word) are holding ammo longer and selling it cheaper. The basements of the hoarders (again for lack of a better word) are all full now, and the bulk of the sales are going to people like me who haven't bought 22ammo in a couple of years and are just trying to put some aside in case this happens again. When and if I find a brick on the shelf for about 25.00 I'll buy it till I get a couple thousand rounds set aside and then I'll be done. There are litterally MILLIONS of people just like me doing the same thing.

The government IS NOT hoarding all of the 22 ammo. It is not being bought up by .gov and dumped at sea.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
we have midsouthshooters supply here local
they list every rimfire made for cci
they have none listed in stock per website
however the lgs around here get their ammo from backorders from midsouth
as soon as they get it they are filling back ordered stuff
they have plenty of norma
and their is also plenty of that in all the lgs around here

sending it out as fast as they get

once again they get from midsouth

I have seen people in their buying 20-25 pds of powder

for lgs,s in the area

I have also gone in and seen ammo in the counter for local purchase
it goes quick

the problem is nationwide with any inventory in storage attempted to be built up like their was in pre 2012
it just cant be done with supply and demand numbers the way they are now
once those amounts disappeared nationwide that took whatever period of time it took to build up to that level they just aint been able to restock em at all
it just plain old has never been rebuilt back up to that level
and the amount manufacturers produce now barely keep it at a daily sustainment level of current demand due to shooting,hoarding and scalping

at least that is my thought on it all and basically what CCI had to say when I called them

think of it as using up the strategic oil reserve several years back and then trying to build it back up again

then we got the great one thinking about ex order with 5.56 855 ammo ban

that is probably gonna cause the entire ammo b.s. stuff to start again across the entire industry

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How do you know that? I doubt you've been in one horders basement, let along all of them. The gov isn't buying up all of it, that would make it too obvious, but the trickle that gets into the pipeline also makes it obvious, to me.

There are lots of reasons I don't believe it's all the hoarders. Disposable income is one. Folks with big bucks aren't going to speculate on .22 ammo, and bring literally tons of it into their homes or garages, and then have to figure out how to sell it without wrapping up time they could be more productive and profitable with other things. I doubt there are more than a couple people in the county who would take out their 401K's or mortgage their house to buy a basement full of .22's. People are stupid, but not that stupid, for the most part.

Our local Sportsmans Warehouse hasn't gotten any .22's in a quantity they can put on shelves pretty much since this started. I've seen a few boxes in Walmart and Cabela's recently, but nothing that anyone would call a selection. Nope, this has zero and holder written all over it and I believe one day we will learn that as a fact.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't fool yourself, the old man brigade at the Marts/sporting good stores in search of 22 ammo trumps any early bird dinner crowd I've seen in Boca Raton.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Well! Little of ever thing but the original question goes unanswered. GW

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 270cowboy, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.