Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
We have all heard about “White privilege”, and how many white Americans have been given opportunities based solely on their skin color. Now we are finding that the racial “privilege” works both way.

The LA Times reported that Princeton University gives “bonus points” and “deductions” depending on the color of your skin. A woman named Ann Lee did a study on the basics of college admissions.

Lee’s next slide shows three columns of numbers from a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant’s race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.
She points to the second column.
“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.”
The last column draws gasps.
Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.
“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,” Lee says.

But how can that be? We live in an era of equality, and everyone is supposed to be treated the same way, no matter the race. These liberal universities think that they are giving certain minorities a leg up by lowering the standard for them.

In fact, it is quite the opposite. It is prejudice in it’s truest form. These universities are pre-judging that black and Hispanic students are intellectually inferior to other races. It’s often referred to as the “soft bigotry of low expectations.”

Liberals feel that people of certain races will not have a chance unless they are given an advantage over everyone else. They don’t have faith in them. Rush Limbaugh describes it best saying,

“I see examples of it multiple times a day, in sports reporting, in news reporting, I see it constantly. It’s part and parcel of elitist liberals, for whatever reason, thinking certain people just don’t have it. But it’s not their fault that they don’t have it.

They’ve been discriminated against, or they are the recipients of some kind of bias. But whatever, liberals essentially have a contempt for most average people. And this contempt is the source of much of their arrogance. They think they’re better. But, see, they have compassion. They’re better and they’re superior, but they’re trying to help these people. Affirmative action is racial profiling at its worst. ”

He believes that affirmative action is a racist insult disguised as social justice by the Democrats, and he is 100% correct.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html#page=1

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"But whatever, liberals essentially have a contempt for most average people. And this contempt is the source of much of their arrogance. They think they’re better."

Now...... Don't this fit Gibson,aka Gungeek to a T ?

You can throw a couple more of our more liberal members, as well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
White - under clothes and western yoke
Tan - under shirt
Brown - arms (farmer's tan)
Bright red - neck

Multi colors don't help anything.

Last edited by mark shubert; 02/27/15.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a native American....I was born here. Other than that pretty much German/Scotland descent.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Most of my ancestery was born here long before Columbus crashed into that rock

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"But whatever, liberals essentially have a contempt for most average people. And this contempt is the source of much of their arrogance. They think they’re better."

Liberals that don't even know they're liberals.........priceless.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
texan tan

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"But whatever, liberals essentially have a contempt for most average people, AND THEY ARE THE MOST "AVERAGE" (if even that, hell, look at sac and nwa). And this contempt is the source of much of their arrogance. They think they’re better."

FIXED IT. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 02/27/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm seriously thinking that lacking my White Privilege I'd probably be in prison or dead.

Yes, it does indeed exist.

I don't believe blacks are in any way intellectually inferior, but most lack most of the advantages I had growing up in a white home, white neighborhood, peer group that had part time jobs and took a college education as a probability, enough money for a good education, immersed in books and church, and a safe, secure place to live and grow.

That's the reason for Affirmative Action.....and it's a damned good thing (whether or not the pathetic and ignorant Rush Limbaugh thinks different).

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Plymouth Rock Fell on You...

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yeah, and people from India, China, and Japan arent sharper than those from the dsrk continent either. crazy

We are quite well aware of what you've been taught.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GutshotBuck
I'm seriously thinking that lacking my White Privilege I'd probably be in prison or dead.

I don't believe blacks are in any way intellectually inferior, but most lack most of the advantages I had growing up in a white home, white neighborhood, peer group that had part time jobs and took a college education as a probability, enough money for a good education, immersed in books and church, and a safe, secure place to live and grow.

That's the reason for Affirmative Action.....and it's a damned good thing (whether or not the pathetic and ignorant Rush Limbaugh thinks different).

Thats why we have so many miraclous life extending and life saving drugs and other miraclous inventions of modern technology coming from afreaka.

PS, OTOH the east asians are as well endowed with football and basketball skills as afreakans too, arent they?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

LMAO

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Uh you need serious help.......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by eyeball

Thats why we have so many miraclous life extending and life saving drugs and other miraclous inventions of modern technology coming from afreaka.

PS, OTOH the east asians are as well endowed with football and basketball skills as afreakans too, arent they?

You are so right outside of sports, singing, and dancing whites got it going on. I did hear a rumor all humans originated from some place in Africa along with algebra. One of their descentdants was our first president, another our current president, and another some guy who goes by the handle of eyeball, eh 76, ....................

Last edited by LostHighway; 02/27/15.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I often ask a patient, "Which is better, one or two?".

Answer, "Wail, numbu 2 is mo betta but i caint reads it now".

Last edited by eyeball; 02/27/15.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
While blacks are not intellectually inferior to whites (IMO) many suffer from a cultural background, of many generations, that handicaps those who want to excel in anything except athletics and gang-banging.
Until the culture changes, bright students are being lost. Many teachers will admit that capable kids are being lost to the gangs, and mediocrity is the high bar, so to speak.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,123
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.