Hop To
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by GeoW
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A brake from His followers...

Yep.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by toad
Steelhead, after years of reading your posts, I think I finally found a mistake.

break, not brake.

but I agree with the spirit of your post

No, death has a stopping effect.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Be one Buddhist, Christian, or whatever; if they live a kind and gentle life and follow the golden rule, I pray God will see the way to let them in at the end.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/02/15.

1Minute
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

The promise of a reward is a poor reason to do good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

g

Yeah........ Ego is a much better reason. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

g

Perhaps 72 virgins? smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570

g

Yeah........ Ego is a much better reason. grin

I don't think we are anything special, just animals with the ability to grill. I'm not the one that believes that God has a 'SPECIAL' place for me because I'm SPECIAL.

We think too highly of ourselves and apparently need the belief of some fantasy island in the sky to remind us just how special we are.

Worm dirt is all we are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not the one that believes that God has a 'SPECIAL' place for me because I'm SPECIAL.

God has a 'special' place for us all because HE is 'special'. That special place is bein' with Him...bein' in His presence.

But livin' a life here on earth and havin' a personal relationship with our Creator...without takin' anything in the afterlife into consideration...is a pretty good way to live.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
I'm not the one that believes that God has a 'SPECIAL' place for me because I'm SPECIAL.

God has a 'special' place for us all because HE is 'special'.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Prove this please.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please consider listening to John the Baptist, Jesus, and the disciples he chose. You can go crazy trying to make sense out of Paul. He runs around in circles and judges and gripes. Jesus didn't ever mention "oh by the way I'll send someboby else who will seem to be a Roman agent, hiding behind a claim of conversion". Paul fits the pattern of a perjurer. I've seen it many times in court. A perjurer will admit to most of the facts, but make small changes or additions (lies) that turn the whole case around. Jesus and John both preached salvation through repentence. John very clearly told some folks to bring forth fruits of repentence when he detected their insincerity. Jesus very clearly said that the law was in effect until Heaven and earth pass away. Jesus said of men "you shall know them by their fruits". If you read Paul, you might want to be skeptical about this predestination of the chosen and elect unless you can find where his testimony is supported by Jesus. I believe Paul's letters are his but I don't accept them on the level with the gospels and the accounts of people that Jesus publicly chose. If you are a church member, look around. You see someone like Paul in the congregation, divisive and controlling.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
People should worry about living.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Holt [bleep] this is funny.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
What about all the folks that died before Jesus? Do they automatically gain entrance, or did they all go straight to hell or spend eternity in some sort of limbo?

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Prove this please.

So being made in His image, with a conscience that allows you to determine that there is a right and a wrong so you can consciously strive to do good, as opposed to an animal which has no such capability, does not make us special?

Heck, being able to build things like airplanes makes us special. He said we are wonderfully made and we certainly are, especially when compared to inhuman creatures ( animals).

Last edited by eyeball; 03/02/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by eyeball

Prove this please.

So being made in His image, with a conscience that allows you to determine that there is a right and a wrong so you can consciously strive to do good, as opposed to an animal which has no such capability, does not make us special?

Heck, being able to build things like airplanes makes us special. He said we are wonderfully made and we certainly are, especially when compared to inhuman animals.

Prove this please.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lot's of folks are gonna be surprised when they die and wake up in Purgatory.

You got that right.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Prove this please.

That's your favorite question. My favorite answer is for you to look up the word "faith". Good luck.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have FAITH that you are wrong and that eyeball will be sucking dog cock in hell.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think a lot of people confuse faith with hope.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What animal then worries about or strived to be or do good, SH?

You!

Well, i guess that would make you 'Special'.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 49 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,253
Posts18,504,708
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.