Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't worry about those who have never heard the Word. God is Merciful and Just. That's in His court. Like my 'ol buddy Curdog is oft to say, "what is that to you, follow thou Me". About 10 times out of 10, that's the answer to such questions.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I get to the pearly gates, as he prepares to cast me into hell, I'll do my best to grab hold of him and kick his ass for not making himself evident to me. God never fails to disappoint.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bushrat
When I get to the pearly gates, as he prepares to cast me into hell, I'll do my best to grab hold of him and kick his ass for not making himself evident to me. God never fails to disappoint.

Why not challenge Him to do that now, instead of waiting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by bushrat

Why not challenge Him to do that now, instead of waiting?

How do you know that he hasn't?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think it's funny how many of you losers are gonna burn in hell.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I think it's funny how many of you losers are gonna burn in hell.

Dave

Just remember who you're going to be sitting on a cloud with in Heaven, with nothing to do except stroke each other's harps and talk about how FAABULOUSSSS being in Christ's presence is. All day, every day, for eternity.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't worry about me and the HJIC. We'll be A-ok.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't worry about me and the HJIC. We'll be A-ok.

Travis

Yep, and surrounded by His followers all day, with nothing to do except stroke each others harps and listen to his followers talk about how FFAAAAABBULOUSSSS it is to be in His presence. For Eternity.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
What about all the folks that died before Jesus? Do they automatically gain entrance, or did they all go straight to hell or spend eternity in some sort of limbo?

Here 'ya go..........

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/what-happened-to-people-who-died-before-the-cross/

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager
Yep, and surrounded by His followers all day, with nothing to do except stroke each others harps and listen to his followers talk about how FFAAAAABBULOUSSSS it is to be in His presence. For Eternity.

I'm used to Christians stroking my harp.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm used to Christians stroking my harp.

Travis

You'd have to stroke theirs, too. And then there would the fawning, constantly, over someone other than you, for all eternity and with nothing else to do.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That may be what your idea of what heaven is, but God's is much different.

But either way, you and all the other losers are going to hell and I'm not.

Clark

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, that's not my idea of Heaven. That's the idea I get from all of His self-professed followers.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Hastings
Please consider listening to John the Baptist, Jesus, and the disciples he chose. You can go crazy trying to make sense out of Paul. He runs around in circles and judges and gripes. Jesus didn't ever mention "oh by the way I'll send someboby else who will seem to be a Roman agent, hiding behind a claim of conversion". Paul fits the pattern of a perjurer. I've seen it many times in court. A perjurer will admit to most of the facts, but make small changes or additions (lies) that turn the whole case around. Jesus and John both preached salvation through repentence. John very clearly told some folks to bring forth fruits of repentence when he detected their insincerity. Jesus very clearly said that the law was in effect until Heaven and earth pass away. Jesus said of men "you shall know them by their fruits". If you read Paul, you might want to be skeptical about this predestination of the chosen and elect unless you can find where his testimony is supported by Jesus. I believe Paul's letters are his but I don't accept them on the level with the gospels and the accounts of people that Jesus publicly chose. If you are a church member, look around. You see someone like Paul in the congregation, divisive and controlling.

Old Saul/Paul was nothing more than a charlatan. A shade of today's crooked TV evangelists.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mythmaker-Paul-Invention-Christianity/dp/0062505858

Last edited by GutshotBuck; 03/02/15.

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eyeball
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Travis- we fervently pray you and the leopard will be there. grin

..but Ingwe will be dropping the leopard spandex cause God is a God of mercy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by eyeball
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Travis- we fervently pray you and the leopard will be there. grin

..but Ingwe will be dropping the leopard spandex cause God is a God of mercy.

NO ONE wants an image of ingwe dropping Spandex trou. NO ONE, not even God.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Oh, that's not my idea of Heaven. That's the idea I get from all of His self-professed followers.

You must read the Bible. Don't listen to safariman.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Also, the original Indiana Jones film has some good Bible info.

Travis

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by GeoW
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A valid question.

Steelhead's comment is accurate, to a degree, though flippant.

I'm far more concerned about my "three score and ten"; being a good husband, a good father, a good friend, and a good man. Those things I can control. What comes after, is beyond my control. Yes, yes, I know some believe they can control that by uttering an incantation, but they really can't. They can hedge a bet, but that's it, and they can believe. What, to me, is more important is what I do with the "three score and ten".

I know what I hope comes next, but I don't "know" it any more or less than any true believer of any faith that swears that they "know" because they read something they believe.

All true. Being a good husband, father, and man are all magnificent goals. You do, however, control one more thing. If you believe God and do what He says, and it is not an incantation, you will go to heaven. The "sinners prayer" is not found in the Bible. Acts 2:38 tells us what we have to do. God calls us all. Your response to that call is what you control.

I know that I am new to this site, but I have read a lot. I think that you are a lot closer than you think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by PVT
Originally Posted by GeoW
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A valid question.

Steelhead's comment is accurate, to a degree, though flippant.

I'm far more concerned about my "three score and ten"; being a good husband, a good father, a good friend, and a good man. Those things I can control. What comes after, is beyond my control. Yes, yes, I know some believe they can control that by uttering an incantation, but they really can't. They can hedge a bet, but that's it, and they can believe. What, to me, is more important is what I do with the "three score and ten".

I know what I hope comes next, but I don't "know" it any more or less than any true believer of any faith that swears that they "know" because they read something they believe.

All true. Being a good husband, father, and man are all magnificent goals. You do, however, control one more thing. If you believe God and do what He says, and it is not an incantation, you will go to heaven. The "sinners prayer" is not found in the Bible. Acts 2:38 tells us what we have to do. God calls us all. Your response to that call is what you control.

I know that I am new to this site, but I have read a lot. I think that you are a lot closer than you think.

Amen...closer than you think.

Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,292
Posts18,505,267
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.