Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PVT
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GeoW
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A valid question.

Steelhead's comment is accurate, to a degree, though flippant.

I'm far more concerned about my "three score and ten"; being a good husband, a good father, a good friend, and a good man. Those things I can control. What comes after, is beyond my control. Yes, yes, I know some believe they can control that by uttering an incantation, but they really can't. They can hedge a bet, but that's it, and they can believe. What, to me, is more important is what I do with the "three score and ten".

I know what I hope comes next, but I don't "know" it any more or less than any true believer of any faith that swears that they "know" because they read something they believe.

All true. Being a good husband, father, and man are all magnificent goals. You do, however, control one more thing. If you believe God and do what He says, and it is not an incantation, you will go to heaven. The "sinners prayer" is not found in the Bible. Acts 2:38 tells us what we have to do. God calls us all. Your response to that call is what you control.

I know that I am new to this site, but I have read a lot. I think that you are a lot closer than you think.

I appreciate that.

Apparently, though, you and other Christians here aren't exactly on the same page with who is called. You say He calls everyone; others say He only calls the ones He knew of before (the chosen few, as it were).

I just cut out the bullschit and do buy into any religions of man. What I believe, and why, is between me and God.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The funniest part is guys like 4ager are going to hell, while dirtbags like me get to go to heaven.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by PVT
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A valid question.

I'm far more concerned about my "three score and ten"; being a good husband, a good father, a good friend, and a good man. Those things I can control. What comes after, is beyond my control. Yes, yes, I know some believe they can control that by uttering an incantation, but they really can't. They can hedge a bet, but that's it, and they can believe. What, to me, is more important is what I do with the "three score and ten".

I know what I hope comes next, but I don't "know" it any more or less than any true believer of any faith that swears that they "know" because they read something they believe.

All true. Being a good husband, father, and man are all magnificent goals. You do, however, control one more thing. If you believe God and do what He says, and it is not an incantation, you will go to heaven. The "sinners prayer" is not found in the Bible. Acts 2:38 tells us what we have to do. God calls us all. Your response to that call is what you control.

I know that I am new to this site, but I have read a lot. I think that you are a lot closer than you think.

I appreciate that.

Apparently, though, you and other Christians here aren't exactly on the same page with who is called. You say He calls everyone; others say He only calls the ones He knew of before (the chosen few, as it were).

I just cut out the bullschit and do buy into any religions of man. What I believe, and why, is between me and God.

Well said, sir

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PVT

g

A valid question.

I appreciate that.

I agree. God doesn't like religion either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Where does the Bible say that?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PVT

g

A valid question.

I appreciate that.

You're going to hell.

I'll see you there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

I believe it's in Hysterectomy. Gut wrenching story.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Please prove this.

Travis

Fixed it for ya.

Last edited by Sauer200; 03/02/15.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Travis

I guess it depends on your definition of religion. Jesus wasn't too keen on the Pharisees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Travis

Beer, all over the keyboard. Bastid.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe I should have said, I don't think God likes religion either. That's more like it.

James 1 26-27

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by eyeball
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Waiting by the phone......

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sauer200
You're going to hell.

I'll see you there.

I read, "So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Are you really sure you want to take that risk?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What the Christian fundamentalist believe every word in the Bible is the absolute truth.
What the radical Muslims believe every word in the Koran is the absolute truth.

What joy this absolute, unyeilding belief has brought us.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LostHighway
What the Christian fundamentalist believe every word in the Bible is the absolute truth.

Yep.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LostHighway

You people crack me up........those comments sound like an O'Bama speech writer.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by eyeball
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Travis- we fervently pray you and the leopard will be there. grin

..but Ingwe will be dropping the leopard spandex cause God is a God of mercy.

NO ONE wants an image of ingwe dropping Spandex trou. NO ONE, not even God.

Not even SATAN!

laugh laugh laugh

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by antlers
I'm not the one that believes that God has a 'SPECIAL' place for me because I'm SPECIAL.

God has a 'special' place for us all because HE is 'special'.

Prove this please.

That's your favorite question. My favorite answer is for you to look up the word "faith". Good luck.

Insert P.T. Barnum quote here.

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Travis

Beer, all over the keyboard. Bastid.

It's true. Left me with a hollow feeling.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
People should worry about living.

And I barely do that.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,527
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.