Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jonah 1:15-17King James Version (KJV)

"15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.

16 Then the men feared the Lord exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the Lord, and made vows.

17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights."

Neat interpretation tho ringman..nothing gets lost in translation i'm sure.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rosco1
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth Kings 2:23

One of my favorites.

Murdering children over an insult.

Children of satan are more dangerous than young tapeworms, or the brainwashed of islamic terrorists.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 4ager

I'm not trying to trap you. I'm trying to get you to be specific in your claim against someone.

Rather than take personal offense, realize that I am using the tools at my disposal to discern what I'm dealing with. When the Bible says that the works of the flesh are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these, I believe what it says. The works of the flesh are not Godly. Therefore when I or anyone else acts like this, they are not acting in the spirit of God.

I don't find the Gospel to be offensive.

That's great news to me! Are there parts that you particularly like?

I find many "believers" to be offensive, and contradictory, and hypocritical, and blasphemous, and self-righteous, among other things.

Many are, myself included at times. We are just like you and anyone else in some ways at some times. We're not claiming some elite status we attained through self-righteousness. The only lasting goodness in us, like patience, or compassion, or honesty, or gentleness, is enabled by the Holy Spirit, and only when we allow it over our stubborn, prideful spirit of rebellion. It's a daily struggle for me, one I lose often.

I have not railed against the Gospel at all, and if it's me you're targeting, you're way, way off base.

All good news to me.

You still refuse to answer the question directly: who were you accusing?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was elk hunting once in Colorado when a blizzard hit. A couple lost on the mountain i was hunting on spent the night in their horses an survived it. smile

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rosco1,

Why do you try to disparage the story? There is no interpretation. I accept as though it was a story you or anyone else told me.

If God is God He could an did prepare a "great fish" and whether Jonah was dead or alive makes no difference God spewed him out three days later.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like the hunters survived but the horses didn't. blush In the Jonah story all survived. smile

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You still refuse to answer the question directly: who were you accusing?

Anyone can exhibit these traits at any given time, pagans or christians, myself included. We need to rely on the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit to overcome with any consistency. When we are outside the will of God, we look just like anyone. We are all fallen, some saved from it, some not. But still, it's a daily battle we can win. Regardless, we are forgiven.

*In retrospect, that's probably not worded exactly right. Mercy please.

Romans 11:8

As it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Ephesians 2:2

2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

Romans 8:7-8

7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Matthew 13:15

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/03/15.

LOL
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by eyeball

I guess im kind of like God in that i wouldnt give stiff necked non-believers with little faith specifice times and dates either, preferring they fall while leaning on their own understanding.

Well at least you admit you want non-believers to burn rather than be saved, which I've noted among who call themselves Christian but rarely hear admitted.

Does God want people to be saved, or not? Is there a definitive answer to that? Because I've seen plenty of contradictory scripture thrown out about it, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, instead of answering the question directly, you continue to quote Scripture and speak in riddles?

SMH.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rosco1
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth Kings 2:23

One of my favorites.

Murdering children over an insult.

Children of satan are more dangerous than young tapeworms, or the brainwashed of islamic terrorists.

There is no evidence from the text they qualified as "Children of Satan". But it's good to know you approve murdering children over the slightest insult.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/03/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not a riddle, you've just got your hackles up thinking I was referring to you. I've already explained there's no need to feel slighted from me.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no hackles up at all, and I have not inferred that you were referencing me or anyone else specifically. I stated that if it were me, that you were off base. You certainly have made it clear that you were referencing someone (or several), though, and I've asked you several times to simply speak that plainly. You continually refuse to do so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, instead of answering the question directly, you continue to quote Scripture and speak in riddles?

SMH.

Your take on the scripture I posted and calling it a "riddle" does tend to substantiate 1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You certainly have made it clear that you were referencing someone (or several),

If I was, what would change? The message remains the same regardless, so it would be irrelevant unless you had a design for my answer.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

SMH.

Your take on the scripture I posted and calling it a "riddle" does tend to substantiate 1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

You refuse to speak plainly in answer to a question. That's the proof, and there's no riddle there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You certainly have made it clear that you were referencing someone (or several),

If I was, what would change? The message remains the same regardless, so it would be irrelevant unless you had a design for my answer.

Wrong. You refuse to speak plainly, and that answer hasn't changed.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by xxclaro

I guess im kind of like God in that i wouldnt give stiff necked non-believers with little faith specifice times and dates either, preferring they fall while leaning on their own understanding.

Well at least you admit you want non-believers to burn rather than be saved, which I've noted among who call themselves Christian but rarely hear admitted.

Does God want people to be saved, or not? Is there a definitive answer to that? Because I've seen plenty of contradictory scripture thrown out about it, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

He prefers all be saved, but if they wont listen to dust off yourself from them.

I guess He figures freedom of choice id pretty important. You feel otherwise? Isis thinks coercion is mobetter.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/03/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You refuse to speak plainly in answer to a question. That's the proof, and there's no riddle there.

Sorry friend, at this we will have to agree to either allow one another quarter or not. No offense intended, but judging by your actions and apparent agitation I simply find it suspicious that you are obsessed with who I might be referencing. I think it's a distraction at best, a trap at worst, and either way irrelevant to the content of the dialog.

Again, not wishing offense, but that's my take on it.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Romans 11:8

As it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

If I understand this verse literally it tells me that God made a whole bunch of people pre destined by him to be non believers blind and deaf to his word. Did he do this just so he could have a bunch of folks he could toss in the fire. Wouldn't that make him a psychopath.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bushrat

If I understand this verse literally it tells me that God made a whole bunch of people pre destined by him to be non believers blind and deaf to his word. Did he do this just so he could have a bunch of folks he could toss in the fire. Wouldn't that make him a psychopath.

You anthropomorphising God. God says He made the wicked for the day of destruction. That does not make him a psychopath. It makes Him the potter and us the pot. Most of us can't humble ourselves. That is THE prerequisite to accepting God.

I make a lot of muzzle brakes. Some I like and some I don't. One difference between God and me is I can't make my works alive. He can and does! We dispose of our rejects in different ways.

Everyday Hunter
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 29 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,843
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.