Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
bushrat

If I understand this verse literally it tells me that God made a whole bunch of people pre destined by him to be non believers blind and deaf to his word. Did he do this just so he could have a bunch of folks he could toss in the fire. Wouldn't that make him a psychopath.

You anthropomorphising God. God says He made the wicked for the day of destruction. That does not make him a psychopath. It makes Him the potter and us the pot. Most of us can't humble ourselves. That is THE prerequisite to accepting God.

I make a lot of muzzle brakes. Some I like and some I don't. One difference between God and me is I can't make my works alive. He can and does! We dispose of our rejects in different ways.

Actually, if He created us all in His image and wants to save us all, yet created some specifically to torture and punish when He could have (and says elsewhere that He did) create us all to be the object of his unimaginable love and to share with us all eternity in His presence and His love, then yes, that would make Him a pyschopath or inconsistent in His message. Or, our translation of that message false and twisted for some reason of men (hmmm, the furtherance of a religion of men for power and greed, perhaps?). There really aren't any other options.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why question mere mortals as to why God works in the mysterious ways that he does?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Why question mere mortals as to why God works in the mysterious ways that he does?

Are we questioning God, or the men who create religions and all the translations of God's Word for greed and power for themselves?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
God works in the mysterious ways that he does?

Translated into English: Some of that stuff just does not deserve to be believed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've viewed the thread as a bombardment to believers as to why does God do this, do that or the other, or don't do this, do that or the other. Nothing more.

No one can answer your examination as only God knows... I am admitting we do have a few on here that will in fact take a stab at answering why God does what he does.. wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've viewed the thread as a bombardment to believers as to why does God do this, do that or the other, or don't do this, do that or the other. Nothing more.

Translation?

No one can answer your examination as only God knows... I am admitting we do have a few on here that will in fact take a stab at answering why God does what he does.. wink

Oh, we certainly do have those. They are rather devout "Christians", too. Unfortunately, their interpretations all clash with one another. There's that whole clarity thing, which is abundantly clear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Translated into English: Some of that stuff just does not deserve to be believed.

Believe it or not.. Your choice.

Thomas Jefferson

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just how are these "prophesies"?
To list a few.

Priest. Lots of priests
King. Lots of kings
His zeal for God. Could describe a few here.
He pre-existed creation. That is a statement isn't it?
entered Jerusalem on a donkey. Either he rode or walked.
betrayed by a friend. Common.
accused by false witness. Common.
Mocked. Lots of mocking going on 24hr.
People stared at him. Who doesn't get stared at.
Became very thirsty. How did this make the list? Who doesn't?
Heart Broken. Common.
Raised from the dead. So some say.
ascended to heaven. So some say.
seated beside God. So some say.
All these "prophecies" and not one mentions his name?

Last edited by LostHighway; 03/03/15.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So are you admitting you've chosen to believe things that don't deserve to be believed?

For some of us, that wouldn't be called a choice, it would be called ignorance.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/03/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure, by unbelievers, AS.

You are always free to take that first step into eternity and ask Him to come into your heart and set you free if He really exists.

Hey, if you ask and He doesnt, you have lost nothing. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 03/03/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So are you admitting you've chosen to believe things that don't deserve to be believed?

For some of us, that wouldn't be called a choice, it would be called ignorance.

Short answer, sure! Believers have suffered alot worse. I may even turn the other cheek, ... once. smile

Thomas Jefferson

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball

You are always free to take that first step into eternity and ask Him to come into your heart and set you free if He really exists.

Why do you assume I've never been to church or never tried any of these things?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Short answer, sure! Believers have suffered a lot worse. I may even turn the other cheek, ... once. smile

GeoW.

I give you credit for standing up and owning it.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

I disagree with this statement, made so often here. Belief is not simply a choice. People believe things for all sorts of reasons, often irrational ones. However, they have some sort of reason for believing. You cannot simply choose to believe something that you find unbelievable. Could you believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny right now, if you wanted to? No, your mind will not accept that. You could claim belief and act like you believed, which still wouldn't change the fact that you don't believe.

You study a theory or an idea, and depending on the information and evidence you discover, you either believe it or you don't. Its not a decision, it's simply what happens in your mind. You can choose how you respond to your belief(or lack thereof) but you can't choose whether to believe it or not.

There are many things I'd like to believe but simpy cannot, because I haven't seen sufficient evidence to allow my mind to believe it. There's things I wish I didn't believe, but I've seen too much evidence to not believe it.

Its very easy to condemn someone when you can simply say "they made a choice, let them deal with the consequences", and people do so love to condemn others. Its becomes more difficult to condemn someone when you realize that they are not simply choosing to believe differently than you, but have had a different life with different experiences that have led them to different beliefs.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

If you were sincere in asking Him to come into your heart and He didnt, AS it's a situation of which i am sincerely sorry to hear.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/03/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If you were sincere in asking Him to come into your heart and He didnt, AS it's a situation of which i am sincerely sorry to hear.

Not possible as I understand it.

LOL
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Amen.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Doc, there's not reason to feel sorry for me. As a natural skeptic, I'm more comfortable with a difficult truth then a comforting lie.

The Universe and our own biology are in a conspiracy to kill us, and eventually they will win. It doesn't matter if I like it or not, it's the truth. By knowing this truth, I can make more informed decisions regarding how I choose to spend my time on this earth. Perhaps this means I choose not to live in hurricane zones or on flood plains, and when I get sick I go to a doctor for treatment instead of a priest for prayers.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Not possible as I understand it.

It's the only possibility, because no gods exist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the only possibility, because no gods exist.

The only way you can intelligently say that is if you knew everything about everything and everywhere; which you don't. Thus you are displaying great arrogance.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,875
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.