Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
It's the only possibility, because no gods exist.

The only way you can intelligently say that is if you knew everything about everything and everywhere; which you don't. Thus you are displaying great arrogance.

So, the way you figure it, how many exist, one, or more then one?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by eyeball
For sure, by unbelievers, AS.

You are always free to take that first step into eternity and ask Him to come into your heart and set you free if He really exists.

Hey, if you ask and He doesnt, you have lost nothing. wink

Why do you assume I've never been to church or never tried any of these things?

If you were sincere in asking Him to come into your heart and He didnt, AS it's a situation of which i am sincerely sorry to hear.

Doc, there's not reason to feel sorry for me. As a natural skeptic, I'm more comfortable with a difficult truth then a comforting lie.

The Universe and our own biology are in a conspiracy to kill us, and eventually they will win. It doesn't matter if I like it or not, it's the truth. By knowing this truth, I can make more informed decisions regarding how I choose to spend my time on this earth. Perhaps this means I choose not to live in hurricane zones or on flood plains, and when I get sick I go to a doctor for treatment instead of a priest for prayers.

My prayer is that you could meet someone full of God's love,and that you would know and understand that it was really God that caused them to love that way and made the difference in their life.A single profound experience is worth more than all the words we can type.

My best to you my friend. Somehow I think you are seeking and would love to find something real. I truly hope you can find what you need.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many playing the part of a victim here... I haven't condemned anyone, yet you, xxclaro, say this;

"Its very easy to condemn someone when you can simply say "they made a choice, let them deal with the consequences", and people do so love to condemn others. Its becomes more difficult to condemn someone when you realize that they are not simply choosing to believe differently than you, but have had a different life with different experiences that have led them to different beliefs. "?

Your choice. I condemn no one. Matters not to me if you can deal with the consequences or not. You ain't got this Cracker to blame.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rosco1
You guys think if Rick re-opened the Christ at the campfire forum, that maybe you good Christians could try to get along so he dont have to shut it down again?

It'd give you all a nice place to preach/talk down to each other...
What would you know about it? I never saw you down there. That's the one thing most every one who spouts off about CATC has in common. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

My prayer is that you could meet someone full of God's love,and that you would know and understand that it was really God that caused them to love that way and made the difference in their life.A single profound experience is worth more than all the words we can type.

My best to you my friend. Somehow I think you are seeking and would love to find something real. I truly hope you can find what you need.

RH
I've dated my share of good Christian girls. cool
What you describe happened in detail 30 some years ago.
As for my search, yes I am continuously searching for knowledge and truth. Consequently, I've very comfortable with what I've found. It seem that what I need is different from what you need, but that's the great think about living in a country with an anti-establishment clause. I can follow the truth where ever it leads.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeoW
Many playing the part of a victim here... I haven't condemned anyone, yet you, xxclaro, say this;

"Its very easy to condemn someone when you can simply say "they made a choice, let them deal with the consequences", and people do so love to condemn others. Its becomes more difficult to condemn someone when you realize that they are not simply choosing to believe differently than you, but have had a different life with different experiences that have led them to different beliefs. "?

Your choice. I condemn no one. Matters not to me if you can deal with the consequences or not. You ain't got this Cracker to blame.

So, no condemnation, it's just a threat?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Maybe you do, maybe you don't, I'm just saying people love to condemn others. Its a very common human trait, not confined to religion. I suppose its a way of feeling better about oneself by finding fault with someone else's actions, being able to say "I'd never do that, therefore I'm superior". Not accusing anyone specifically, just saying its what people do. I know I've caught myself doing it often enough.

I don't really see anyone playing a victim here, just a discussion of idea's with differing points of view being offered. Actually I think its been surprisingly civil so far.

Now as to your last sentence "matters not to me if you can deal with the consequences or not", I find that interesting. It just seems kind of un-Christ like, for lack of a better term. I'm not asking anyone to be too concerned about which consequences I may or may not face, it just kind of conflicts with what I was taught in church, to love your neighbor as yourself and so on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was unChrist like. I am a sinner. No denying that.

Old say'n goes, You can lead a horse to water.. horse best drink or thirst to death.. out of my hands.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By Ringman
Quote:

The only way you can intelligently say that is if you knew everything about everything and everywhere; which you don't. Thus you are displaying great arrogance.

There's nothing to figure. Your question is a silly one. You would realize it if you gave it much thought. There can be only one Infinite.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Quote:

There's nothing to figure. Your question is a silly one. You would realize it if you gave it much thought. There can be only one Infinite.

So your answer is one.

I could list 1000 different gods from a thousand different religions, and you have just acknowledged you do not believe in any of them.

So on this subject, the only difference between you and me, is I go one God further.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So your answer is one.

I could list 1000 different gods from a thousand different religions, and you have just acknowledged you do not believe in any of them.

So on this subject, the only difference between you and me, is I go one God further.

Again you are being silly. It doesn't make any difference how many of anything people believe in or don't believe in. There is only One Infinite. Anything less is, well less; therefore not God.

The difference in you and me is you believe nothing became something and something became conscience containing self replicating systems. I on the other hand I logically believe nothing does nothing because there is nothing to do anything with. Since the universe appears infinite from our perspective, this then demands an Infinite Intelligent Energy Source.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by xxclaro
God works in the mysterious ways that he does?

Translated into English: Some of that stuff just does not deserve to be believed.

Believe it or not.. Your choice.

I disagree with this statement, made so often here. Belief is not simply a choice. People believe things for all sorts of reasons, often irrational ones. However, they have some sort of reason for believing. You cannot simply choose to believe something that you find unbelievable. Could you believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny right now, if you wanted to? No, your mind will not accept that. You could claim belief and act like you believed, which still wouldn't change the fact that you don't believe.

You study a theory or an idea, and depending on the information and evidence you discover, you either believe it or you don't. Its not a decision, it's simply what happens in your mind. You can choose how you respond to your belief(or lack thereof) but you can't choose whether to believe it or not.

There are many things I'd like to believe but simpy cannot, because I haven't seen sufficient evidence to allow my mind to believe it. There's things I wish I didn't believe, but I've seen too much evidence to not believe it.

Its very easy to condemn someone when you can simply say "they made a choice, let them deal with the consequences", and people do so love to condemn others. Its becomes more difficult to condemn someone when you realize that they are not simply choosing to believe differently than you, but have had a different life with different experiences that have led them to different beliefs.

See the xxclaro statements in bold. I find them to be correct. Note that there has been mention made of the act of the Holy Spirit in the calling of a man to belief. The conviction of the Holy Spirit can be acted on or can be rejected. Seems to me that "belief" in Jesus comes after the "enlightenment, or conviction or calling or the showing about Jesus" of the Holy Spirit.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You are always free to take that first step into eternity and ask Him to come into your heart and set you free if He really exists.

Been there done that, why is it so apparent to some and so elusive to others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bushrat

Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen." smile

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bushrat

Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen." smile

There goes that superiority complex again, and the contradiction between wanting to have a relationship with all and save all, and the "oh, schit, I just give a damn about a special few".

Ergo, why religion is a fool's game made of and by men and corrupt to the core.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "special few" are not created special. They are those who accept God's invitation.

Nice try Sean wink

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "special few" are not created special. They are those who accept God's invitation.

Nice try Sean wink

Nope, not at all. Read back through this thread. It appears that the Christians can't even get their own story straight on what the Word means.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
renegade50,

Quote:
god forgives everyone for their sins up until their very last air breathing moment if they find him in their hearts according to the bible right???????

The simple answer is a resounding "NO!" Read the Whole Book to get the facts. Jesus says,

"He who has believed and been baptized will be saved."

Look up the word, "repent" to see there is more than belief.

honestly
I don't put a lot of belief into the bible as being the complete true word of god

it has been so to speak ,cut copied pasted and edited way too many times since the formation of christainity and its adoption as the official roman state religion. by way too many people in power(popes,kings rich people with influence)to suit their needs and purposes when convienant for them.

do a little research into the council of rome and biblical canon councils for various branches of christainity formed thruout the ages and what branches of christainity have what books in their version of "their bible" for what reasons
that would be a good start for you I think

Edited by renegade50 (Today at 02:11 PM)

You dodged out on your own post. Whether you put a lot or zero stock in the Bible, I responded to your false argument about forgiveness from God. I showed your error from Jesus and suggested you check for future reference so you don't make the same mistake again.

The idea the Bible has been cut and pasted shows willful ignorance on your part. The Old Testament was translated from Hebrew into Latin 285 years before Jesus was born. Learn about the Dead Sea scrolls.

turn a blind eye to fact............
the bible has been selectfully cut copied and pasted from all source materials by those who wanted it that way(man) since its inception

that is a fact............
you need to do some research............................
and if ya still want to preach facts about the bible

please explain
something extremely simple
why do why have a king james bible and why do have the NIV bible
and why are they different in their context
and who made them that way

god made 2 different ones magically??????????

nuff said
im outta this...............................

Last edited by renegade50; 03/04/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

Nope, not at all. Read back through this thread. It appears that the Christians can't even get their own story straight on what the Word means.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 4ager

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Directly contradictory with only a few chosen. Translation not required, because the Word of God is right there for us to read in plain text.

Unless, of course, the Word of God has been corrupted by man for greed and power through the promulgation of religion.

Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

251 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,827
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.