Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 87 of 144 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 143 144
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Brian, you can only take 11 pounds of ammo in the plane so plan on buying shotgun ammo in town before heading to camp.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't know if they have any alcohol there at all.
===========

Good one!! Our gang brings enough of their primo stashes to inebriate a filled to capacity football stadium.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Joe...is that the case for domestic flights? Learn something new every day.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's a Dick's right off of the interstate on the south side of San Antonio at exit 150 off of I35. I'm just taking rifle ammo. I can't fit my slug barrel and my shotgun also. So I'm not bringing it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bob, we're flying on United and that's found under the details for luggage regs on the email confirmation for the flight. Not sure if that's for all airlines.

Ronald Reagan
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not bringing the slug barrel that is.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bring your own booze,they have clays but you will need your own shells

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll let some of the Tx guys speak to the snake issue

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Wow! Everyone is getting spooled up pack this or that...Im going minimalist.....Green kill light, 223ai McFlame,my dark Trayvon hoodie....Im going Ninja Stealth on those pigs!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm wearing work boots that I used to use at work.
You want snake gators get em. If I wear any, the ones I don't know where they are, will be fall time dove hunting.
Kind of depends on the temp and weather while we are out if snakes are going to be out.
While hunting hogs, I kind of think with 24 hunters control of the hunters will be #1 to the ranch. Meaning we hunt out of blinds here, with a feeder. So your going to be sitting in something. May be a ground blind or a high blind don't know. They will have to have 24 of those. We are not going to be able to run around too much cause 24 rifles are going to be locked and loaded for hogs. They may sit some behind a tree, I don't know. Land is not flat out there, so we are not going to be in danger from other shooters.
So back to snakes, depends on the weather, cold your not going to run into any snakes, warm, you may see some on top of a rock in the sun.
Just stay away from them if you see one.

Damn, now I suppose I will be the one bitten. cool

But I will see the bobcat!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Wow! Everyone is getting spooled up pack this or that...Im going minimalist.....Green kill light, 223ai McFlame,my dark Trayvon hoodie....Im going Ninja Stealth on those pigs!

Do I need to go out and buy a hoodie? I don't even own one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just to let anybody know -

I will be in San Antonio Tuesday morning. Offering to do last minute shopping and transport. Thinking of getting the Chevy Spark and picking up ingwe...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
That would be a beautiful gesture on your part, but Im hitching a ride with EdM....I refuse to ride in anything but a Prius or a Subaru..... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by ingwe

Do I need to go out and buy a hoodie? I don't even own one.

No, not if you don't want to. Our president said we should do something to "Honor Trayvon" so I bought a hoodie, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I wear it because that POS is no longer on our side of the sod.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ready
Just to let anybody know -

I will be in San Antonio Tuesday morning. Offering to do last minute shopping and transport. Thinking of getting the Chevy Spark and picking up ingwe...

Bob and I will be in San Antonio Tues morning also,
did you book a room yet?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I've got a couple of questions. I'm wondering if we need to bring these things.

Snake leggins? They recommend it in the spring, but it'll probably be the last time I wear them. Not sure if I should order a pair. I've got to do it now if I'm gonna do it.

Beer? I don't know if they have any alcohol there at all. I'm getting at least a 30 pack.

Trap loads? I wonder if they have them there that they'll sell us? I'm stopping at Dick's on the way down and get at least a couple of cases.

Bob answered the alcohol part.
Stone cutter you should have a good time.
Being on a plane, that does limit amount brought.
Hunting cloths, something for mild weather, something to keep you warm if cold front comes into the area. Not extreme warm just whatever you have that you have room to pack.
Good light that will shine about 150 yards. If you have a colored lens great, if not bring something. You going to be sitting somewhere until it's dark. Your scope or your eyes may need some help.
Chiggers could be out by that time so maybe spray your cloths before you get them packed with something and let it dry. This is your hunting cloths only of course, put in air tight bag in luggage. Bob is the expert on chiggers. Ask him.
If I can find my old Rem Model 11 (A-5 Look alike)12 ga I'll bring it and your welcome to shoot it a the clays.
The guys driving are not limited like you will be, so let us help you out with some of this stuff. Got to go.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I roll with this clothing and it's worked well

http://gamehide.com/why-gamehide/elimitick/
If you order the pants run a full size small so order 1 size up

ELIMITICK CLOTHING FEATURES: 1. INSECT SHIELD REPELS... has been proven and registered to repel mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and midges (no see-ums).

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Trust me...I'll have a schitload of bug spray.

William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks for the insight you guys.

I'm going to skip the snake leggins, just go with work boots and keep my eyes opened.

Forgot about the bugs. I've got some dirt scented bug repellant for hunting for those nasty little critters.

Thanks for the offer on the shotgun, I appreciate it, but I think I'm going to bring my Rem 870 pump. That's what I'm most comfortable with. I know some of you guys have some nice automatics and over/under's, I'd probably rip off the forehand trying to pump it. If I use someone else's gun, I won't hit the broad side of a barn. This way I can miss with confidence. I'm going to leave the slug barrel for the Encore at home, it tears up the meat too much.

Ronald Reagan
Page 87 of 144 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 143 144

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,203
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.