Hop To
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Ringman
So your answer is one.

I could list 1000 different gods from a thousand different religions, and you have just acknowledged you do not believe in any of them.

So on this subject, the only difference between you and me, is I go one God further.

Again you are being silly. It doesn't make any difference how many of anything people believe in or don't believe in. There is only One Infinite. Anything less is, well less; therefore not God.

The difference in you and me is you believe nothing became something and something became conscience containing self replicating systems. I on the other hand I logically believe nothing does nothing because there is nothing to do anything with. Since the universe appears infinite from our perspective, this then demands an Infinite Intelligent Energy Source.

This philosophical argument, a Thomist and Merton philosophy, still withstands the test of time. Yes, one God, an infinite Intelligent source.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
So your answer is one.

I could list 1000 different gods from a thousand different religions, and you have just acknowledged you do not believe in any of them.

So on this subject, the only difference between you and me, is I go one God further.

Again you are being silly. It doesn't make any difference how many of anything people believe in or don't believe in. There is only One Infinite. Anything less is, well less; therefore not God.

The difference in you and me is you believe nothing became something and something became conscience containing self replicating systems. I on the other hand I logically believe nothing does nothing because there is nothing to do anything with. Since the universe appears infinite from our perspective, this then demands an Infinite Intelligent Energy Source.

This philosophical argument, a Thomist and Merton philosophy, still withstands the test of time. Yes, one God, an infinite Intelligent source.

Nicely played.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's fairly obvious that Heaven has an IQ maximum of 75.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I no longer post anything for your benefit, since you have clearly made up your mind, but for any that are truly seeking I will try. One's that you don't discourage so badly that will still ask that is. I wonder why it is so important to you to fight against God? I wonder who wins? crazy I thought you said you weren't offended by the gospel, yet you fight against it so vehemently?? Leads me to believe you are not being honest about your position or your intentions. Like I said earlier, a man is known by the fruit. The words out of a mans mouth are the overflow of his heart.

Romans 8:29-32

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

God freely gives all things, proven by his desire for and path outlined for salvation. God withholds nothing, so why be in the dark? Why wonder? Why postulate and scheme and plot and plan? Why not just ask?

Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I no longer post anything for your benefit, since you have clearly made up your mind, but for any that are truly seeking I will try. One's that you don't discourage so badly that will still ask that is. I wonder why it is so important to you to fight against God? I wonder who wins? crazy I thought you said you weren't offended by the gospel, yet you fight against it so vehemently?? Leads me to believe you are not being honest about your position or your intentions. Like I said earlier, a man is known by the fruit. The words out of a mans mouth are the overflow of his heart.

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

God freely gives all things, proven by his desire for and path outlined for salvation. God withholds nothing, so why be in the dark? Why wonder? Why postulate and scheme and plot and plan? Why not just ask?

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You assume that I fight against God? Again, you assume wrong and badly so. Why it remains so important to you to paint it that way and to assume (wrongly again) that you know what I have decided and why is quite puzzling. I am more than comfortable enough in my beliefs to question things. Are you not comfortable enough in yours to have some things questioned? Must you always resort to casting aspersions upon the questioner, assuming them to be at war with God and decidedly against Him?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Fireball has never been accused of being sharp, regardless of his pointy head.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GeoW
Why question mere mortals as to why God works in the mysterious ways that he does?

Are we questioning God, or the men who create religions and all the translations of God's Word for greed and power for themselves?

zactly

now I am surely done with this thread

thank god grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
renegade50,

turn a blind eye to fact............
the bible has been selectfully cut copied and pasted from all source materials by those who wanted it that way(man) since its inception

Learn about the Dead Sea Scrolls.

please explain
something extremely simple
why do why have a king james bible and why do have the NIV bible
and why are they different in their context
and who made them that way

You are not showing much intelligence here. We have different Bibles because different publishers want to make money. Obviously you have not read them. If you did you would not make the statement They differ in context.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
renegade50,

turn a blind eye to fact............
the bible has been selectfully cut copied and pasted from all source materials by those who wanted it that way(man) since its inception

Learn about the Dead Sea Scrolls.

please explain
something extremely simple
why do why have a king james bible and why do have the NIV bible
and why are they different in their context
and who made them that way

You are not showing much intelligence here. We have different Bibles because different publishers want to make money. Obviously you have not read them. If you did you would not make the statement They differ in context.

Words have different meanings, and the use of different words can and does change context.

Thank you, though, for admitting that the multitude of Bibles is not about spreading the words, but raking in the dough. That's in keeping with man's religion instead of God's Word.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You assume that I fight against God? Again, you assume wrong and badly so. Why it remains so important to you to paint it that way and to assume (wrongly again) that you know what I have decided and why is quite puzzling. I am more than comfortable enough in my beliefs to question things. Are you not comfortable enough in yours to have some things questioned? Must you always resort to casting aspersions upon the questioner, assuming them to be at war with God and decidedly against Him?

You have interrogated every participant on this this thread regarding his/her belief. We have been as honest with our answers as possible.

Now you state your being comfortable with your beliefs to question things.

Would you mind sharing your beliefs with those of us that you have interrogated, or badgered may be a better word, since the beginning of this thread?

What do YOU believe?

A statement from you will suffice... another question, not.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Door ain't opening. Does that mean I got to kick the door in break and enter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You have interrogated every participant on this this thread regarding his/her belief. We have been as honest with our answers as possible.

Would you mind sharing your beliefs with those of us that you have interrogated, or badgered may be a better word, since the beginning of this thread?

What do YOU believe?

Crickets on that one. I'm thinking 4ager is just an antagonist, that doesn't offer much, but debate for the sake of debate, rather than knowledge shared and gained.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bushrat

Door ain't opening. Does that mean I got to kick the door in break and enter

Keep asking. If you want to know, he will respond. If you ask to test God, expect nothing.

The devils desire for you includes:

Defeat (1 Pet. 5:8)
Failure (John 10:10)
Worry-fear (2 Tim. 1:7)
Jealousy (James 3:14-15)
Bondage (Eph. 2:1-2
Discouragement (Ps. 42:9-11)

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/04/15.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Fireball has never been accused of being sharp, regardless of his pointy head.

Oh... Aren't you cute? Now run along and let the big people talk.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What do YOU believe?

Sorry, I missed this one until just now.

As I've said before, what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs, nor do I cotton to some man-made religion and accept it as "true".

I've not interrogated anyone, but if you wish, I can certain start. It's a game I've played before and rather successfully. Badgering can come after that.

Now, if you would please show me exactly where I've started questioning another person's beliefs, vs what another person would be insinuating about my beliefs or someone else's, or if you could show me where I have questioned what they believe vs instead the texts that they quote and the attitude they present, I'd be happy to play that game.

It continues to appear that many are not nearly as comfortable in their own beliefs as they portray and any questioning of the inconsistencies in texts, or the fact that belief is not fact itself, lead them to apoplexy. See the insinuation that I am merely an agent provocateur and nothing more. That's simply false. I do question, but I do not question merely to incite riot or discord. The questioning of inconsistencies and the presentation of alternative beliefs, along with the refutation of belief as fact, is obviously troubling though it is not for reasons that lie with me. Perhaps those troubled have greater questions themselves than they are comfortable asking; I don't know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What do YOU believe?

Crickets on that one. I'm thinking 4ager is just an antagonist, that doesn't offer much, but debate for the sake of debate, rather than knowledge shared and gained.

Why you continue to attempt to insult me, time and again, is beyond me. You continue to be wrong, as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you feel insulted, why? You have led me and the others to this conclusion by your actions, not by our baseless assessment. I don't see people calling me a skydiver, but if I posted like I was, the inference would be made.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're insinuating that I am simply here as an antagonist, is it meant as a compliment? I think not. You never did come clean on whom it was you were alluding to yesterday.

Why do mere questions vex you so, especially when no harm or insult is intended by them?

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If you feel insulted, why? You have led me and the others to this conclusion by your actions, not by our baseless assessment. I don't see people calling me a skydiver, but if I posted like I was, the inference would be made.

For sure. 4 is a sharp guy who seems to take the point of view that anything is worth arguing about. Maybe he has a history of glory in debate?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,[a] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Matthew 10:16

LOL
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,527
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.