Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
But, what did he say that was new or unknown? Nothing new was said, nor did he offer any proposal (except to say "No"). In fact, he has never offered any proposal on Iran's nuclear program, except to wring his hands and basically leave the whole issue up to the US. As noted previously Iran, having learned form Israel's attack on the Iraqi nuclear reactor, has buried its program in deep-mountain tunnels that are not vulnerable to attack (even with nukes).

Whatever is negotiated and agreed to (between the US and Iran) may not be an ideal situation, but it is better than no agreement at all. With no agreement, Iran will be free to pursue its nuclear ambitions unencumbered by ANY restrictions or oversight.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep and Iran just keeps playing this game over and over without really ever giving anything of substance at all.

Like North Korea, they use their nuke program to gain international attention every few years and we all ask how high when they say jump, even after locking out inspectors, etc.

Nobody has anything substantive to do about this. Say what you will, a ground war is simply not on the table and won't be anytime soon. The jacka$$ in chief really backed himself into a "red line" corner AGAIN by saying "no agreement is better than a bad one".

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by djs
But, what did he say that was new or unknown? Nothing new was said, nor did he offer any proposal (except to say "No"). In fact, he has never offered any proposal on Iran's nuclear program, except to wring his hands and basically leave the whole issue up to the US. As noted previously Iran, having learned form Israel's attack on the Iraqi nuclear reactor, has buried its program in deep-mountain tunnels that are not vulnerable to attack (even with nukes).

Whatever is negotiated and agreed to (between the US and Iran) may not be an ideal situation, but it is better than no agreement at all. With no agreement, Iran will be free to pursue its nuclear ambitions unencumbered by ANY restrictions or oversight.

Netanyahu proposals were very clear as to how to prevent Iran from going nuclear

Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve come here today to tell you we don’t have to bet the security of the world on the hope that Iran will change for the better. We don’t have to gamble with our future and with our children’s future.
We can insist that restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program not be lifted for as long as Iran continues its aggression in the region and in the world.

NETANYAHU: Before lifting those restrictions, the world should demand that Iran do three things.
First, stop its aggression against its neighbors in the Middle East. Second…
Second, stop supporting terrorism around the world.
And third, stop threatening to annihilate my country, Israel, the one and only Jewish state.
Thank you.

If the world powers are not prepared to insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal is signed, at the very least they should insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal expires.
If Iran changes its behavior, the restrictions would be lifted. If Iran doesn’t change its behavior, the restrictions should not be lifted.
If Iran wants to be treated like a normal country, let it act like a normal country.

NETANYAHU: My friends, what about the argument that there’s no alternative to this deal, that Iran’s nuclear know-how cannot be erased, that its nuclear program is so advanced that the best we can do is delay the inevitable, which is essentially what the proposed deal seeks to do?

Well, nuclear know-how without nuclear infrastructure doesn’t get you very much. A racecar driver without a car can’t drive. A pilot without a plan can’t fly. Without thousands of centrifuges, tons of enriched uranium or heavy water facilities, Iran can’t make nuclear weapons.

Iran’s nuclear program can be rolled back well-beyond the current proposal by insisting on a better deal and keeping up the pressure on a very vulnerable regime, especially given the recent collapse in the price of oil.

Now, if Iran threatens to walk away from the table — and this often happens in a Persian bazaar — call their bluff. They’ll be back, because they need the deal a lot more than you do.
And by maintaining the pressure on Iran and on those who do business with Iran, you have the power to make them need it even more.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
...Whatever is negotiated and agreed to (between the US and Iran) may not be an ideal situation, but it is better than no agreement at all...

You must work for .gov.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by sherp
Israel should attack us because we have only given them $17,744.90 in entitlements since obama took office. Can you imagine any other government being able to operate on less then $20 grand worth of welfare payouts over 7 years?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/U.S._Assistance_to_Israel1.html

Ahhhh ... you need either better reading glasses or a better math teacher.

That number - $17,744.90 - is in millions of dollars (according to your listed website). So the real number that the Obama Administration has given Israel is $17,477,900,000.00 (plus or minus a million bucks or two).

And for all the money ($120,472,000,000 total) that the US has given to Israel since 1949, we've been:
- Attacked by Israel with US servicemen killed and wounded (USS Liberty)
- Rebuffed at all attempts to settle the Middle-East situation fairly
- Had our weapons systems technology copied and sold in competition to US manufacturers (loss of US jobs)

How much more do you think we should take? Maybe we'd be better off if we wrote-off the $17,744.90 and asked for a refund on the rest.

Obama hates Israel and has stopped sending them entitlement money.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Netanyahu proposals were very clear as to how to prevent Iran from going nuclear

NETANYAHU:

Yep, here is an Iranian official giving a middle eastern terrorist money:

[Linked Image]

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Seems like damn near everybody over there is fighting ISIS,.....except Israel.

Only because the US consistently tells them to stay out of it.

LOL!

But they claim they don't take orders from America.

What about all their courageous talk about "Going it alone?"

laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by GutshotBuck; 03/04/15.

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by djs
...Whatever is negotiated and agreed to (between the US and Iran) may not be an ideal situation, but it is better than no agreement at all...

You must work for .gov.

No, but I've dealt in international negotiations (both in the private and the government sectors) and such negotiations are not easy. Iran is an independent state that does not need to give into demands that (it believes) are not in its interest. They've withstood severe economic sanctions and are still standing; what else can we do?

I doubt the US or the rest of the world is willing to go to war with Iran; we are stretched, tired and broke from the past 14 years of war. How many more US servicemen are you willing to loose?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by djs

Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve come here today to tell you we don’t have to bet the security of the world on the hope that Iran will change for the better. We don’t have to gamble with our future and with our children’s future.
We can insist that restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program not be lifted for as long as Iran continues its aggression in the region and in the world.

NETANYAHU: Before lifting those restrictions, the world should demand that Iran do three things.
First, stop its aggression against its neighbors in the Middle East. Second…
And third, stop threatening to annihilate my country, Israel, the one and only Jewish state.
Thank you.

If the world powers are not prepared to insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal is signed, at the very least they should insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal expires.
If Iran changes its behavior, the restrictions would be lifted. If Iran doesn’t change its behavior, the restrictions should not be lifted.
If Iran wants to be treated like a normal country, let it act like a normal country.

NETANYAHU: My friends, what about the argument that there’s no alternative to this deal, that Iran’s nuclear know-how cannot be erased, that its nuclear program is so advanced that the best we can do is delay the inevitable, which is essentially what the proposed deal seeks to do?

Well, nuclear know-how without nuclear infrastructure doesn’t get you very much. A racecar driver without a car can’t drive. A pilot without a plan can’t fly. Without thousands of centrifuges, tons of enriched uranium or heavy water facilities, Iran can’t make nuclear weapons.

Iran’s nuclear program can be rolled back well-beyond the current proposal by insisting on a better deal and keeping up the pressure on a very vulnerable regime, especially given the recent collapse in the price of oil.

Now, if Iran threatens to walk away from the table — and this often happens in a Persian bazaar — call their bluff. They’ll be back, because they need the deal a lot more than you do.
And by maintaining the pressure on Iran and on those who do business with Iran, you have the power to make them need it even more.

"Iran’s nuclear program can be rolled back well-beyond the current proposal by insisting on a better deal and keeping up the pressure on a very vulnerable regime, especially given the recent collapse in the price of oil."

Yeaa, sure - it's just that easy!!!

I saw a pristine Winchester Model 21 12 gauge shotgun a few weeks ago and made an offer that was about 80% of the asking price. The gun shop refused to budge on price and negotiate; I guess I should have just demanded that they give in to my demands - just like Mr. Netanyahu says.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, but I've dealt in international negotiations (both in the private and the government sectors) and such negotiations are not easy. Iran is an independent state that does not need to give into demands that (it believes) are not in its interest. They've withstood severe economic sanctions and are still standing; what else can we do?

There's always the Jimmy Carter maneuver...cross your arms and stomp your feet.

Sanctions were lifted by the dummycrats when the iranians gave em a twinky; then the iranians stuck the twinky in their dumb asses.

What else can we do?

[Linked Image]

I've dealt in international negotiations (both in the private and the government sectors)

It was under a white flag democrat wasn't it. You would have been laughed out with this guy

This is what you get with liberals in charge

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
RE the above:

"Israeli Security Veterans Speak Out Against Netanyahu, Calling Him a 'Danger' to Israel" see: http://www.alternet.org/world/israe...inst-netanyahu-calling-him-danger-israel

and from the Jerusalem Post newspaper:

"Former Israeli security commanders: Netanyahu speech will bring Iran closer to the bomb " see: http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Fo...ill-bring-Iran-closer-to-the-bomb-392565

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.