Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

When you meet Jesus, you will not be able to look Him in the face or speak.

Why?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,[a] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Matthew 10:16

Another insinuation that my actions will "lead me not to the Kingdom of God"? That's about a 1/2 step below being in league with Luscifer, is it not?

I'm glad I'm a lot more comfortable in my relationship with God than that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
If you're insinuating that I am simply here as an antagonist, is it meant as a compliment? I think not. You never did come clean on whom it was you were alluding to yesterday.

Why do mere questions vex you so, especially when no harm or insult is intended by them?

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

LOL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

What you believe in MAY be fact, but simply believing something, does not automatically make it fact.

^^^^^

This, from earlier in the thread.

You Christians are scary.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs,...

If you want to keep your beliefs on this issue between you and God, that's your prerogative...and I respect that. But...you have no qualms about voicing and proclaiming your beliefs on most all of the other issues that are discussed here...from politics, to The Civil War, to the legalization of drugs, and even to that NWA dude up in Alaska. Why not voice your beliefs on 'this' issue like you do on all of the other issues where you participate in discussions here...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ephesians 4:14
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
If you feel insulted, why? You have led me and the others to this conclusion by your actions, not by our baseless assessment. I don't see people calling me a skydiver, but if I posted like I was, the inference would be made.

For sure. 4 is a sharp guy who seems to take the point of view that anything is worth arguing about. Maybe he has a history of glory in debate?

No "glory" that I can recall, nor any time with a debate team, either.

I figure anything worth knowing or believing is worth constant consideration, reflection, investigation, and questioning. YMMV, obviously, but as a doc, I suspect you do a good bit of that in your field (or, I hope you do at least).

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
[quote=GeoW][quote=4ager]...what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs,...

If you want to keep your beliefs on this issue between you and God, that's your prerogative...and I respect that. But...you have no qualms about voicing and proclaiming your beliefs on most all of the other issues that are discussed here...from politics, to The Civil War, to the legalization of drugs, and even to that NWA dude up in Alaska. Why not voice your beliefs on 'this' issue like you do on all of the other issues where you participate in discussions here...?

Because he's being disingenuous.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bible is useless as a debating tool.

Looks like you would know THAT by now.

WHEN it makes sense, it's only because of the light provided by the Spirit.

Ain't a whole lot of Spirit displayed in this thread.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs,...

Because all that schit ain't nearly as important or as personal.

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ephesians 4:14
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

If I may, how recent was your conversion?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=GeoW][quote=4ager]...what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs,...

Because he's being disingenuous.

Now you're calling me a liar. There's no getting around that.

You're dead wrong, again, and your petulance is one helluva mark of your "faith". You resort only to quoting Scripture and articulate no answer for yourself. If you were as comfortable in your own beliefs as you like people to believe, you'd speak your own words and you'd not be afraid of mere questions. You sure as Hell wouldn't bear false witness against another, either.

There's a fine Christian, and a real one, that frequents this Board. He and I are very close friends and have had many a conversation about Christianity and God and beliefs. Not once has he cast a stone at me for asking a question, because he knows the questions are not harmful nor intended to be a slight. He's also very comfortable and solid in his relationship with God.

You'd do well to find out who that is and to seek guidance. He's a wise man, and a good man. He's a good Christian, too. You'd learn quite a bit; if you can handle the questions asked.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've always found this particular topic (the one posed by the OP) to be of no good to anybody, personally. It just brings out the worst in the best of us and makes the worst of us look even worse.

Just my $.02 and guaranteed to be worth every penny paid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is by faith.

1 Timothy 1:4

Notice advancing Gods work is by faith? My consolation in all this is that the Word is the sword-

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

hebrews 4:12-13

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is by faith.

1 Timothy 1:4

Notice advancing Gods work is by faith? My consolation in all this is that the Word is the sword-

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

hebrews 4:12-13

Thus the reason I'm comfortable with my relationship with God.

You're only making yourself look all the more small and petty, and that's a damned shame. You're a good man, and prior to this I'd thought much more highly of you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You resort only to quoting Scripture and articulate no answer for yourself.

I quote scripture because it is as pure as truth gets. It's not my words, it's Gods Word. If you'd like to argue, take it up with Him. If you are offended, you are offended with Him. If you are angry, you can get angry at Him. If you want answers, you can ask Him. I simply try to provide God's word that addresses your most current beef.

Also, as a believer, I am responsible for the gifts given me. If I do not share what I've been given, I am held accountable for that.

I believe the Words are life. If I do a poor job presenting Gods Word, not my word, Gods Word, what kind of friend can I be to anybody? If I truly believe that there is a God, and that He provided the answers to so many of your questions, but I didn't give you those words, but instead argued, what have I done to help you?

You are free to choose, I was, and I chose to walk away from God for 33 years. In the time of my complete and total rebellion, he gave me many small promptings, little glitches in my heart, tinges of regret, thoughts of "Oh, I knew better", until I responded. He never gave up on me, even while I was His enemy He sought me. Believe me, I did a real good job being Gods enemy.

To answer your question add, I'm 49 now, so 16 years. Do I sense a passing judgement coming? grin No matter, I wish no harm.

To the rest, I'll continue to piss you off by posting scripture, because I believe it and only it will cut to the core of your questions and provide your answers. Anything I could offer is only argumentative. Remember one last thing if you find yourself agitated at me posting scripture.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
I no longer post anything for your benefit, since you have clearly made up your mind, but for any that are truly seeking I will try. One's that you don't discourage so badly that will still ask that is. I wonder why it is so important to you to fight against God? I wonder who wins? crazy I thought you said you weren't offended by the gospel, yet you fight against it so vehemently?? Leads me to believe you are not being honest about your position or your intentions. Like I said earlier, a man is known by the fruit. The words out of a mans mouth are the overflow of his heart.

Romans 8:29-32

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

God freely gives all things, proven by his desire for and path outlined for salvation. God withholds nothing, so why be in the dark? Why wonder? Why postulate and scheme and plot and plan? Why not just ask?

Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You assume that I fight against God? Again, you assume wrong and badly so. Why it remains so important to you to paint it that way and to assume (wrongly again) that you know what I have decided and why is quite puzzling. I am more than comfortable enough in my beliefs to question things. Are you not comfortable enough in yours to have some things questioned? Must you always resort to casting aspersions upon the questioner, assuming them to be at war with God and decidedly against Him?

You have interrogated every participant on this this thread regarding his/her belief. We have been as honest with our answers as possible.

Now you state your being comfortable with your beliefs to question things.

Would you mind sharing your beliefs with those of us that you have interrogated, or badgered may be a better word, since the beginning of this thread?

What do YOU believe?

A statement from you will suffice... another question, not.

Sorry, I missed this one until just now.

As I've said before, what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs, nor do I cotton to some man-made religion and accept it as "true".

I've not interrogated anyone, but if you wish, I can certain start. It's a game I've played before and rather successfully. Badgering can come after that.

Now, if you would please show me exactly where I've started questioning another person's beliefs, vs what another person would be insinuating about my beliefs or someone else's, or if you could show me where I have questioned what they believe vs instead the texts that they quote and the attitude they present, I'd be happy to play that game.

It continues to appear that many are not nearly as comfortable in their own beliefs as they portray and any questioning of the inconsistencies in texts, or the fact that belief is not fact itself, lead them to apoplexy. See the insinuation that I am merely an agent provocateur and nothing more. That's simply false. I do question, but I do not question merely to incite riot or discord. The questioning of inconsistencies and the presentation of alternative beliefs, along with the refutation of belief as fact, is obviously troubling though it is not for reasons that lie with me. Perhaps those troubled have greater questions themselves than they are comfortable asking; I don't know.

If you refuse to answer my question please don't question me or my faith.
I don't play games either and you have not been made a victim by anyone other than yourself.

As old hickory head Bill O'Reilly would say, I'll give you the last word. smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I should add, the solution is to ask for the Holy Spirit. With it, you will get what you lack.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You resort only to quoting Scripture and articulate no answer for yourself.

I quote scripture because it is as pure as truth gets. It's not my words, it's Gods Word. If you'd like to argue, take it up with Him. If you are offended, you are offended with Him. If you are angry, you can get angry at Him. If you want answers, you can ask Him. I simply try to provide God's word that addresses your most current beef.

Also, as a believer, I am responsible for the gifts given me. If I do not share what I've been given, I am held accountable for that.

I believe the Words are life. If I do a poor job presenting Gods Word, not my word, Gods Word, what kind of friend can I be to anybody? If I truly believe that there is a God, and that He provided the answers to so many of your questions, but I didn't give you those words, but instead argued, what have I done to help you?

You are free to choose, I was, and I chose to walk away from God for 33 years. In the time of my complete and total rebellion, he gave me many small promptings, little glitches in my heart, tinges of regret, thoughts of "Oh, I knew better", until I responded. He never gave up on me, even while I was His enemy He sought me. Believe me, I did a real good job being Gods enemy.

To answer your question add, I'm 49 now, so 16 years. Do I sense a passing judgement coming? grin No matter, I wish no harm.

To the rest, I'll continue to piss you off by posting scripture, because I believe it and only it will cut to the core of your questions and provide your answers. Anything I could offer is only argumentative. Remember one last thing if you find yourself agitated at me posting scripture.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

You quote Scripture because you, yourself, are not comfortable answering a question.

If I want to seek guidance from His Word, I have several Bibles rather near by and can look for those passages myself. I did not ask for, nor do I need, you to think for me on what is an answer to a question I'm not asking of God. You don't piss me off by quoting Scripture. You avoid answering questions by quoting Scripture and then feign offense and victimhood when called on it.

I also didn't ask you when or why you found God. That's none of my business or my concern.

As I said earlier, I had previously thought much better of you than this. Because of your own insecurity in your beliefs, you've called me a liar (disingenuous, technically). You've insinuated that I'm at war with God, that I'm nearly in league with Satan, and that I'm doomed to miss out on the Kingdom of God. You won't admit these things, directly, but it's fairly clear. All this, because you're too uncomfortable with someone who actually asks questions about contradictory passages and states that belief is not fact. You can profess that you find His Word to the be Word of Life and infallible, but your actions tell a far different story. Tell me again which one of us is truly comfortable in his relationship with God? Res ipsa loquitur.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW

If you refuse to answer my question please don't question me or my faith.
I don't play games either and you have not been made a victim by anyone other than yourself.

As old hickory head Bill O'Reilly would say, I'll give you the last word. smile

If you don't like the question, don't answer. I've not questioned you about what you believe or why, and you can't prove that I have. I asked you questions about what YOU put out there yourself. If you don't want a question asked, don't put something out there for someone to ask about in the first place.

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 39 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,219
Posts18,504,133
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.