Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just waiting for the ice break up....spring has been postponed for another 2 or so months.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

Because all that schit ain't nearly as important or as personal.

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

Read the above in bold, which you wrote, then explain to me how you are not lying? You sent me a PM asking personal questions about my family situation that would prompt me to sell off a few guns.

I didn't question you're motives for doing so, although at this point I think it would be wise to. By sending me that message, you did exactly what you just said you never do. That is called lying.

So get off your high horse, as if it wasn't plain before, it is now.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Because all that schit ain't nearly as important or as personal.

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

Read the above in bold, which you wrote, then explain to me how you are not lying? You sent me a PM asking personal questions about my family situation that would prompt me to sell off a few guns.

I didn't question you're motives for doing so, although at this point I think it would be wise to. By sending me that message, you did exactly what you just said you never do. That is called lying.

So get off your high horse, as if it wasn't plain before, it is now.

I asked you about why you were selling the guns and stuff.

In fact, here's the question I asked in a PM entitled "Gear Purge" and that you answered with a schit ton of information.

WTF?

I hope it's for something good (like a trip, or a hunt) and not something bad (won't even type those out).

I didn't ask you any more than that.

The lie, friend, is implying that I did. As to what is made plain, that's obvious as well, and it's not me being a liar, or at war with God, or any of the other schit you're accusing me of.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

WTF?

I hope it's for something good (like a trip, or a hunt) and not something bad (won't even type those out).

Did I ask you to contact me about my personal business?

LOL
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are feeling angst over your perception of private communications being used aberrantly for a personal attack, it's probably time to walk from this thread.

There are no winners or losers, just today and tomorrow.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

WTF?

Did I ask you to contact me about my personal business?

Did I ask you to tell me chapter and verse about your personal business?

Someone asked me a question that went to a personal matter I'd rather not discuss. I politely declined. You could have done the same. You chose not to do so.

None of this is contradictory to what I've stated previously, and none of it makes me a liar (though, it doesn't make you look too good nor too stable in your professed faith).

Just because you remove yourself from a PM thread does not mean that it vanishes.

You've called me a liar, twice, and been wrong and baseless both times. You've accused me of a host of things, all vile and all wrong. Now, you resort to this. It's really pretty clear you're not very secure in that faith you profess and you sure as Hell aren't setting forth any example of being a good Christian as you're supposedly commanded to do. Bearing false witness, among other things, is clearly evident.

I've accused you of nothing at all, save being insecure in your faith and that only recently. That's abundantly clear at this point. You, on the other hand, cast aspersions like Palestinians with stones.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by dawggone
I may be wrong but I do no think anyone on either side of this issue will convince the other side they are correct.

Sometimes people learn something they didnt know by reading something posted by another, even if it is scripture they dont remember or never read.

None are forced to read it, but if it is helpful to someone it was worth it.

OK but I didn't read this whole thread. I have my beliefs and will keep them to myself.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
If you are feeling angst over your perception of private communications being used aberrantly for a personal attack, it's probably time to walk from this thread.

There are no winners or losers, just today and tomorrow.

If I used any private conversations, or allusions to them, for an attack, that's news to me. Hell, I didn't even bring them up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Did I ask you to tell me chapter and verse about your personal business?

Someone asked me a question that went to a personal matter I'd rather not discuss. I politely declined. You could have done the same. You chose not to do so.

None of this is contradictory to what I've stated previously, and none of it makes me a liar (though, it doesn't make you look too good nor too stable in your professed faith).

Just because you remove yourself from a PM thread does not mean that it vanishes.

You've called me a liar, twice, and been wrong and baseless both times. You've accused me of a host of things, all vile and all wrong. Now, you resort to this. It's really pretty clear you're not very secure in that faith you profess and you sure as Hell aren't setting forth any example of being a good Christian as you're supposedly commanded to do. Bearing false witness, among other things, is clearly evident.

I've accused you of nothing at all, save being insecure in your faith and that only recently. That's abundantly clear at this point. You, on the other hand, cast aspersions like Palestinians with stones.

Such a victim.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not even close.

You're drowning in your own words, and it's really rather sad.

You've made false claims against another, among many other actions on this thread, that are in direct contrast to the faith you profess. You display insecurity and discomfort with any question about vague or contradictory passages, and you stoop to personal attacks instead of dialogue.

There's no victim at all here.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
To the OP:

I was told by a "good Christian" that those who had never heard the word because they were raised in another culture were all going to hell.

Nothing like brotherly love....

I have been told this as well from a pastor.

Never could wrap my head around it.

Just glad I heard an answered.

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words.

Matthew 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Proverbs 9:8
Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you.

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Matthew 15:26
He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you keep going, you might even convince yourself of your faith.

Veiled insults diminish you, and your professed faith, far more than they harm or impact anyone else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW - what is that definition of "rebuke" again?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...vague or contradictory passages,...

There's lots of those in The Bible that we have.

There are essential beliefs, and non-essential beliefs. And recognizing some liberty in the non-essential beliefs just makes sense. Allowing people the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in Scripture is certainly reasonable.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you keep going, you might even convince yourself of your faith.

Veiled insults diminish you, and your professed faith, far more than they harm or impact anyone else.

A psychiatrist could have a field day with your material. I knew someone like this once. Even used the "veiled" term a lot. Always scheming, muttering condemnation if you defended your position. Forever scheming and laying traps, then, "Booiiinnggg!" See, see! Look what the christian does!!!

Same exact MO. Push and push, lie and mislead, misrepresent, then cry foul and play victim when the christian calls his BS. Pal, I have so been down this road before and it is tiresome to the 10th degree. Save your garbage for someone that can't see through it.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have not yet lied, but you certainly have. Neither have I played victim, though you have tried.

If you understood what I meant when I said get over yourself, those verses you quote would ring a lot more true.

You made this personal, and you're the one concentrating on YOU rather than God in your relationship with him. The insecurity comes from that. My suggestion was to turn that around. You went nuts after that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have not yet lied,

You won't recognize it if it hit you in the face. You are being intentionally obtuse.

LOL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Time for a little levity or for mog75 to post up pics.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,551
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.