eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by eyeball

Scott, i would not refer to posting scripture or my interpretation of it on the internet thumping the bible or cramming my religion down anyones throat.

Neither would I but over the years it is a name I have been called here. Kind of funny because it is something I try to avoid.

My witness is my life not what I preach on street corners.

Most of the folks I would call Christians have this attitude.

I would put more faith in hearing your testimony than the "preachers".

So, if one posts something on the internet for anyone interested to discuss, its called preaching?

I guess i now understand real BS and why army chaplains arent alllowed to say the name of Christ since ze ros elevation to the WH. So if one will be offended we best be muted. Is it still ok to say Merry Christmas. Well, with respect to the 1 A all i have to say is "Jesus".

If

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Scott F

Scott, i would not refer to posting scripture or my interpretation of it on the internet thumping the bible or cramming my religion down anyones throat.

Neither would I but over the years it is a name I have been called here. Kind of funny because it is something I try to avoid.

My witness is my life not what I preach on street corners.

Most of the folks I would call Christians have this attitude.

I would put more faith in hearing your testimony than the "preachers".

So, if one posts something on the internet for anyone interested to discuss, its called preaching?

I guess i now understand real BS and why army chaplains arent alllowed to say the name of Christ since ze ros elevation to the WH. So if one will be offended we best be muted. Is it still ok to say Merry Christmas. Well, with respect to the 1 A all i have to say is "Jesus".

If

Chaplains not being able to refer to Christ or Jesus is idiotic at best.Don't want to hear about Jesus? Don't listen to or talk to the Chaplain.

Christmas is Christmas. Being offended doesn't change a thing.

I take issue when someone who doesn't have any more clue than I do tells me my soul is damned because they read it in a book. Unless you've been there or witnessed it personally, you don't know. And using the book to prove the book is kind'a foolish in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.
Cheers
Sauer

Last edited by Sauer200; 03/05/15.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Maybe we should support removal of the Soledad War Memorial cross in San Diego. And the American flag. Many are choking on those things.

Scott, Remember Him saying He will be ashamed in front of God of us ashamed of Him.

Are teachers allowed to have a bible on their desk in Ca, or just querrans?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should support removal of the Soledad War Memorial cross in San Diego. And the American flag. Many are choking on those things.

Scott, Remember Him saying He will be ashamed in front of God of us ashamed of Him.

WTF are you blathering about?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We need to pray for unbelievers to have their spiritual vision enabled for the first time.

So you mean arguing with them, and throwing Scripture at them, like a flaming iron dodgeball, when they are obviously not receptive, for 40+ pages, may not have been the right approach?

Or, simply assuming that they aren't believers and accusing them of being liars, nearly in league with Satan, etc.?

You've argued the entire thread against the belief of the existence of the Almighty but you have no problem believing in Satin?

My question deserves an answer ending with a period, not a question mark.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

If he gets criticized for cherry picking bible versus to suit his litmus test for christians, all bets are off.

I think.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So who told you your soul was damned,Sauer.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
4, surely you can make the mental leap from the statement about not mentioning scripture if it offends some to getting rid of the word Christmas or the veterans cross which is said to be offensive to others and are under attack for the same reason.

Selective obtuse essence again?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4, surely you can make the mental leap from the statement about not mentioning scripture if it offends some to getting rid of the word Christmas or the veterans cross which is said to be offensive to others and are under attack for the same reason.

Selective obtuse essence again?

I have absolutely no idea how you made the leaps you made.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We need to pray for unbelievers to have their spiritual vision enabled for the first time.

So you mean arguing with them, and throwing Scripture at them, like a flaming iron dodgeball, when they are obviously not receptive, for 40+ pages, may not have been the right approach?

Or, simply assuming that they aren't believers and accusing them of being liars, nearly in league with Satan, etc.?

You've argued the entire thread against the belief of the existence of the Almighty but you have no problem believing in Satin?

My question deserves an answer ending with a period, not a question mark.

At no point have I argued against the existence of God. The Satan reference was from the insinuations of Fireball2, not my position.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not say you argued against the existence of God but rather against the belief of the existence of God.

In this instance the belief held by many here on the Fire.

And the Satin thing... You never argued with anyone concerning the belief of Satin... What you posted was no quote of Fireball but apparently based on your assumption and posted as a question.

You set a very obvious and visible trap in your debate.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My pard once had a pack mare named Satin.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One more question Sean. Did you PM Scott to come here to this thread and assist you participate in this debate?

I would hope not but if you did, with friends like you, Scott needs no enemy..

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not say you argued against the existence of God but rather against the belief of the existence of God.

And the Satin thing... You never argued with anyone concerning the belief of Satin... What you posted was no quote of Fireball but apparently based on your assumption and posted as a question.

I misread that, but I have no argued against the belief in God, either. Fireball's insinuations were clear.

There's no trap here at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One more question Sean. Did you PM Scott to come here to this thread and assist you participate in this debate?

I would hope not but if you did, with friends like you, Scott needs no enemy..

I neither asked Scott to assist me in any way nor to participate in any degree on this thread.

Your insult to and at me, and Scott, about that is pathetic and laughable.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by add

If he gets criticized for cherry picking bible versus to suit his litmus test for christians, all bets are off.

I think.

Show me where i have posed a litmus test for Christians, please.

If i did i will apologize and retract it and beg forgivness. Im thinking you are not being truthful in your effort to denigrate.

It is written, "Do not bear false witness....".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add

I think.

Show me where i have posed a litmus test for Christians, please.

If i did i will apologize and retract it and beg forgivness. Im thinking you are not being truthful in your effort to denigrate.

It is written, "Do not bear false witness....".

I didn't understand that one, either.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

G, i think it is very common for christians to shrink from conflict and be very sensitive to antipathetc comments, often preferring to dodge the slap rather than turn the other cheek. The burial of most Christian soldiers, unfortunately, occured a long time ago and is a prime reason Jesus was kicked out of school and muzzies ushered in, and according to God its part of the reason we are in the shape we are in.

Flame on.

Imagine how much it hurt Christ to be spat on while dying for sinners.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three posts ago your count on this one topic alone was 83.. 83 post to argue with believers, for whatever reasons but none in agreement.

Do you have issues with believers? I need to rephrase that. You obviously do have issues with believers.

Please share with us so we understand from just where you are coming. You are spinning like a top... need to slow down.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.