Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sold a rifle "as is" on GB a couple of years ago. The new owner contacts me over a month later saying the rifle has an issue and the factory doesn't service them anymore. Was looking for me to pay for the repairs. I offered to refund his price and he could ship the rifle back to me covering the expenses. Never heard back from him again...

Lesson learned, some buyers are just looking for some money back on a purchase.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please, I certainly did look at a long list of classified posts, not your entire history. Just saying, someone so active in our classifieds might hold himself to a higher level than to bushwhack his buyer in a preemptive strike.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Callout threads are never good for the OP. Buf, I believe you are right in the transaction, but I'm sure the current thread could have been better handled.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A much weaker design than the Handi Rifle even.

old rifle design that is well known as a very weak action in the first place. A little research would show that this was a common problem with these rifles

I'm sure this was disclosed prior to the sale; and even written in the add.

Oh poop

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
A much weaker design than the Handi Rifle even.

old rifle design that is well known as a very weak action in the first place. A little research would show that this was a common problem with these rifles

I'm sure this was disclosed prior to the sale; and even written in the add.

Oh poop

If I have to explain to you that a Volkswagen Beetle isn't a good choice to tow a 10,000 pound trailer, maybe you shouldn't be towing a trailer...

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Non disclosure is deceitful, conniving,and fraudulent. You're off to ignore land.

MOLON LABE

B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Non disclosure is deceitful, conniving,and fraudulent. You're off to ignore land.

Wow, there are some true characters here. Your cabin fever should be ending pretty soon. The beautiful sun is gonna shine again in Alaska in a couple of months.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what non disclosure? wow didnt realize i had to list what pressure loads must be used in the old guns i sell....fug me if you buy a 150 year old design and think you can hot rod it your an idiot.....well known that trapdoors are weaker, its why they have their own data in reloading manuals....i hear/read the term "trapdoor level loads" fairly often

Last edited by rattler; 03/16/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you knew as much about guns as you know about pot, you'd know that rifle isn't 150 years old. grin If its a piece of [bleep], spell it out in the add prior to sale. The add sure didn't say that.

I have no idea what ammo he was using (Buffalo Bore?)

and you jumped to conclusions about the ammo used. This is the sellers excuse for a non functioning weapon.

MOLON LABE

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ask your self what would safari man do?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
question does this mean if i ever sell my Marlin Guide Gun to cover my arse i must put "gun can not handle loads designed for the Ruger #1"? its not like this is a heavily modified action made weaker or even an obscure single shot.....trapdoors are well known quantities *IF* Craigster shot heavy loads in it thats no ones fault but his own for not taking 30 seconds to learn bout the gun he bought.....

im guessing there is some other issue at play but even so 4 months is well beyond any implied warrenty.....no one in their right mind should be considered having to be held to it in any sale like this....phug me i could buy a rifle off here, take it hunting if im careful and call the seller after the season and claim there is a problem....if you want some sort of warranty part of that is you testing in a prompt manner....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
watch4bear, Please put me back on ignore. I like your drunk azz better that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you knew as much about guns as you know about pot, you'd know that rifle isn't 150 years old. grin If its a piece of [bleep], spell it out in the add prior to sale. The add sure didn't say that.

and you jumped to conclusions about the ammo used. This is the sellers excuse for a non functioning weapon.

the basic design is from 1865, 150 years....modern metalurgy isnt gonna increase its strength any.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
metalurgy LOL...LOL grin

MOLON LABE

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It was a misdirection to place the buyer at fault and throw doubt on his character.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

LOL
B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pal

It was a misdirection to place the buyer at fault and throw doubt on his character.

Was it really? Your reading comprehension continues to amaze me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If only his adds were that transparent. frown

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rattler
what non disclosure? wow didnt realize i had to list what pressure loads must be used in the old guns i sell....fug me if you buy a 150 year old design and think you can hot rod it your an idiot.....well known that trapdoors are weaker, its why they have their own data in reloading manuals....i hear/read the term "trapdoor level loads" fairly often

Rattler is correct.

Watch4Bear, We are supposed to say in our ad "This rifle sucks" ???

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
after 4 months I think it is not your problem. Its a casual sale

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.