Page 8 of 43 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 42 43
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Dave, has a color been picked?

I dont think color has been picked yet but I vote for this original black jade, here is a narrow strip from under the rear widow gasket, it has never seen sunlight before.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Is the black jade the same color as Steve McQueens 1968 "Bullitt" car? If so that would be sweet. smile

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Uffda...

How is the owner taking all this?

A pothole would have been catastrophic in that 'stang

He's very good, very sensible man that wan't things done correctly.

... and apparently has a lotta dough...

You guys watch too many TV shows.

I watched these old fat guys on tv stuff a bland ass crate motor in an el Camino and then they gave it a crappy rat rod paint job... Sorry, I threw up a little...

Door, fender, hood gaps, all over the place, nothing lined up, I'm telling ya it looked like hell even with the magic of flat paint and television. And they would have us believe they charged the guy 33k to do that to his poor car.

Yeah well, this mustang is getting some serious work done, for a serious customer and I don't know if we will hit 30k on this extensive build. After engine and trans yes its likely we will go above 30.

But using TV car shows as a baseline for judging cost on this build.... Some might figure we are going north of 100k.

I just shake my head... (I wish!)

Lol

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I'm not the only one that's left shaking my head watching the tv car shows thinking man they do crappy work and charge way too much? It's more the quicky half azzed jobs that bug me than the high prices. I mean, if you're going to the trouble to tear a car down to rebuild it, do it right. Seems like they run the inverse 80/20 rule, do 20% of the work and charge the customer 80% of what the complete job would run.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Watching that 'Biker" horsechit where the Father's always fighting with his son, and they are ALWAYS late, and they get parts finish painted before teetering around on a fender with no pilot hole, just a hand drill, finish size,.... and than bolt through a raggy azz hole was one of the reasons I just QUIT with the TV bit.

Not the least bit shy of drilling holes in the FRAME to bolt crap on, either.

There are those who know how to do things right watching, and yet they don't care.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/18/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cross that's the only way they can create drama.

It does get old,i know how you feel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man Dave, would not walk away from that job, I WOULD RUN!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Naw, we'll be ok. Thank god the owner wants it done right, that's really all I need. If I had the same car with an owner that wanted me to cut corners on this important stuff, then I would want to run away.

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I just wanna know how the Snow Jet is doing........?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The snow jet is still broken.

Lol

Something clever here.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Dave,

While I know you'll work your magic, and you have a reasonable customer, I'm sorry to see you run into such cancer, and moreso, schitty repair.

As always, thanks for sharing the journey and progress.

Last edited by Akbob5; 03/18/15. Reason: GD IPad and auto-change your words for free!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dave, would venture that you'll be putting that patient on the rotisserrie pretty quick, eh ?

Than and again, can one even get a HOLD of it for doing such, without the Torque Hubs in place ?

Glad to hear that your client has his schitt together, and will be learning a LOT watching you go after this one.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I plan to attack back half, then front half. I will support from front TB's and from the rocker pinch welds just forward of the rear TB's. I will do this on the adjustable pads of my hoist to level the body, they have individual screw adjustments.

I will remove the rear torque boxes first, I expect the LH inner rocker to need repair at the torque box interface, I can see it is bad before even removing the torque box. So, remove TB and the floor above it, repair inner rocker, install new torque box. Repeat on RH hopefully with no inner rocker repair needed. At that point I can move the rear hoist pads to the bottoms of the new torque boxes. Next I basically cut the back of the car off.

I guess it's too much to type out on an iPad tonight, basically I need to get the structure repaired before I can mount it on a rotisserie.

It's going to be a sumbich, you will just have to watch and see.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The snow jet is still broken.

Lol

My skills are limited but I may be able to help you out on that one. I'll be pulling levers in a couple weeks so my time is limited. I still have my fare share of welding, cutting, pounding, & wrench pulling to do before the season starts but I do still work on some old sleds for fun.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I plan to attack back half, then front half. I will support from front TB's and from the rocker pinch welds just forward of the rear TB's. I will do this on the adjustable pads of my hoist to level the body, they have individual screw adjustments.

I will remove the rear torque boxes first, I expect the LH inner rocker to need repair at the torque box interface, I can see it is bad before even removing the torque box. So, remove TB and the floor above it, repair inner rocker, install new torque box. Repeat on RH hopefully with no inner rocker repair needed. At that point I can move the rear hoist pads to the bottoms of the new torque boxes. Next I basically cut the back of the car off.

I guess it's too much to type out on an iPad tonight, basically I need to get the structure repaired before I can mount it on a rotisserie.

It's going to be a sumbich, you will just have to watch and see.

You make this car resto stuff sound komplikated. Glad I don't do it.

I love watching your threads though!!!!!!!!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As I kinda' suspected, it's one of those "Chicken and the Egg" situations.

Pace yourself, Amigo.

GTC

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There will definitely be a correct sequence of events....

"Choose wisely."

My plan is evolving, I play out the sequence in my head, troubleshoot it, I'm close.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beats the crap out of mindlessly watching some fool blither on a flat screen, don't it ?

wink

GTC

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is it all finished?

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah it's done.

out of here, forgot to take pictures, sorry.

Something clever here.

Page 8 of 43 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (204guy, 257man, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 59 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,889
Posts18,497,940
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.