Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Ha! Bastrop county! No doubt they will be operating out of Camp Swift.

I'm sure.

Can't figure out the reason Goliad and Victoria are on there, though.

Did quite a bit of work at Camp Swift in the early 90's.
Did it escape the fire? I know lots of the pines burned around Bastrop.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Conditioning" to make it easier for when the time comes for "Martial Law"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I'm being naive about this, but doesn't the military have plenty of secure land available to them to perform these exercises on where the chance of interaction and possible confrontation is practically nil?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to me the Third Amendment [how many of you will have to google it grin ] prevents them from setting foot on ANY private property without the owner's permission.

In other words, the Commissioner's Court for a particular County can't "invite" them, which is how the article reads.

As an aside... Greg will be delighted to learn that he lives in "friendly territory".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Ha! Bastrop county! No doubt they will be operating out of Camp Swift.

I'm sure.

Can't figure out the reason Goliad and Victoria are on there, though.

Did quite a bit of work at Camp Swift in the early 90's.
Did it escape the fire? I know lots of the pines burned around Bastrop.

Yeah Swift escaped that fire. But they do have the fire school there and they conduct controlled burns there during the summer. Most of the big stuff was along the SH 71 corridor. Between Bastrop and Smithville.
I can always put momma and Wifey in their wheelchairs as soft targets! LOL! Moms so weak she will just havta set there and Steph is still paralyzed on left side pretty good so all she will do is push herself around in a circle. I still have moms hover round I can ride! We'll look like a blue hair bus tour at the Grand Canyon! laugh!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seeing troops on private land is nothing new - in Louisiana. For years every spring/summer they would have war games. Drive all over the country, tear down fences, drive across pastures, etc. They always repaired whatever the tore down or broke.

I was at my cousins house one summer and when we got out the next morning, we were surrounded. They had chosen my uncles place as an enemy headquarters or something, and had slipped in during the night and surrounded the place. We had heard the dogs barking during he night, but didnt pay any attention, just figured it was a varmint of some kind. This would go on for 2-3 weeks and then it was over. That was the ground training part.

The bombing, which took place on Fort Polk, would last a lot longer. We would get to see fighters headed for the base flying low, and then in a few minutes they would be coming back with other fighters chasing them. Bombs could be heard and at night we could see the flares dropping to the ground and the bomb flashes.

This was 50 years ago and my cousins said they did this every summer, so I'm guessing they still do.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Randy!

Remember reading about the BIG one they had there right before WWII. There's a famous pic of Patton in his Stuart!!! Also still a lot of mounted cav units were used there!!

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Woodie- Have you got your tin-foil cap and is it in good condition? Sounds like you might need it!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Na,,,, right now that's the least of my problems. If they wanna come in and help me change depends and empty catheter bags they are welcome! I figure I have enough biohazards here to keep just about anyone run off!

Founder

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If H&H (Hussein and Holder) could be jointly in charge, we could all sleep better knowing that nothing would possibly go wrong and that our best interests would be upheld and to the highest standards. sick

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bugger
If H&H (Hussein and Holder) could be jointly in charge, we could all sleep better knowing that nothing would possibly go wrong and that our best interests would be upheld and to the highest standards. sick

Bugger, you need to pinch yourself and wake up... your dreaming again! grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Seems to me the Third Amendment [how many of you will have to google it grin ] prevents them from setting foot on ANY private property without the owner's permission.

In other words, the Commissioner's Court for a particular County can't "invite" them, which is how the article reads.

I thought the 3rd prohibited mandatory quartering of troops. The 4th and 10th would appear to be more prohibitive of this kind of intrusion to me.

Of course as we all know, that's all in theory as the Constitution has been suspended by the usurper, anyway.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Street word is their going to lure in all of the illegal aliens they can with free drivers licenses,SS, WIC,EBT,& get out jail free cards. Put them in large fema impounds covering one state and call it California. No wait, already been done and found to be highly unsuccessful. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

I thought the 3rd prohibited mandatory quartering of troops. The 4th and 10th would appear to be more prohibitive of this kind of intrusion to me.

Of course as we all know, that's all in theory as the Constitution has been suspended by the usurper, anyway.

I think "quartering" has a wider definition than just sleeping in your house.

And...... Texas law allows a homeowner IN A RURAL AREA to use deadly force AFTER DARK against any intruder.

And...... Lots of locked gates in Texas nowadays.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The government is getting ready take what the private citizens have especially the preppers families and citizens they consider hostile too their agendas. O is fixing to declare himself king of the USA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

I think "quartering" has a wider definition than just sleeping in your house.

And...... Texas law allows a homeowner IN A RURAL AREA to use deadly force AFTER DARK against any intruder.

And...... Lots of locked gates in Texas nowadays.

"Quartering" does have a broader definition than allowance to sleep in your house. It covers sleeping and setting up "residence" (i.e., tents, barracks, etc.) or staging themselves, equipment, materials, etc., in your home or buildings or on your property.

They'll not be doing that; they'll be quartering on .mil or .gov installations and going wherever they damn well please between 2300 and 0400, every night, for two months.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does anyone know what legal authority they have to do this? What happens when a landowner shoots somebody that surprises him in the dark??

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

As an aside... Greg will be delighted to learn that he lives in "friendly territory".

The third appears to be a bit different than your interpretation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or could it be close to similar operating ranges and terrain/enviroment for a raid on Iran? Check the distances. A base of operations in a secure area to an objective in the Iranina mountains? Perhaps the Iranian nuclear labs? The mumbo jumbo they speak (milspeak?) could hint at getting support or dealing with populations in other countries. A lot of shoot/don't shoot scenarios and other wrinkles to a plan that should be ironed out before attempting.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easy there Ranger.

It's not like whole towns that looked some middle eastern schithole were built in the desert, used in live training exercises, then dismantled in less than a week, or anything like that....

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,456
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.