Seeing troops on private land is nothing new - in Louisiana. For years every spring/summer they would have war games. Drive all over the country, tear down fences, drive across pastures, etc. They always repaired whatever the tore down or broke.

I was at my cousins house one summer and when we got out the next morning, we were surrounded. They had chosen my uncles place as an enemy headquarters or something, and had slipped in during the night and surrounded the place. We had heard the dogs barking during he night, but didnt pay any attention, just figured it was a varmint of some kind. This would go on for 2-3 weeks and then it was over. That was the ground training part.

The bombing, which took place on Fort Polk, would last a lot longer. We would get to see fighters headed for the base flying low, and then in a few minutes they would be coming back with other fighters chasing them. Bombs could be heard and at night we could see the flares dropping to the ground and the bomb flashes.

This was 50 years ago and my cousins said they did this every summer, so I'm guessing they still do.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21