Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Seems to me the Third Amendment [how many of you will have to google it grin ] prevents them from setting foot on ANY private property without the owner's permission.

In other words, the Commissioner's Court for a particular County can't "invite" them, which is how the article reads.

I thought the 3rd prohibited mandatory quartering of troops. The 4th and 10th would appear to be more prohibitive of this kind of intrusion to me.

Of course as we all know, that's all in theory as the Constitution has been suspended by the usurper, anyway.

I think "quartering" has a wider definition than just sleeping in your house.

And...... Texas law allows a homeowner IN A RURAL AREA to use deadly force AFTER DARK against any intruder.

And...... Lots of locked gates in Texas nowadays.

"Quartering" does have a broader definition than allowance to sleep in your house. It covers sleeping and setting up "residence" (i.e., tents, barracks, etc.) or staging themselves, equipment, materials, etc., in your home or buildings or on your property.

They'll not be doing that; they'll be quartering on .mil or .gov installations and going wherever they damn well please between 2300 and 0400, every night, for two months.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.