Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm pretty familiar with the military training, as I have frequently encountered it both on military reservations like McGregor Range, and even in Texas around Ft. Hood area. Seen the Army come into Brady Lake and do maneuvers for a couple of weeks in the summer each year as well.

I don't pay much attention to the kook fringe either. They lie as much as the far left groups. The questions I had came from the official govt. press release, and the obvious shift of focus from training green troops to sending the "hammers" into areas with totally different objectives of getting a barometer on American public reaction.

It seems like a learning session. Testing the waters, so to speak. I was wondering why, is all.

Not really. One of the comments was they wanted to train in terrain more like what we are seeing where we fight. Not too far from here, we have a high altitude warfare center, and it's been getting more use by a wider variety of units so they can be more familiar with what they may experience in Afghanistan before they deploy. A good friend of mine flies various airfames for the service, and recently did a significant amount of flying along the border in Southern Texas and New Mexico. He hatted flying down there because of how much it reminded him of some of the places he'd flown in the sandbox.

As for SF training, those guys are ALWAYS training. They may not get the publicity for it, but their training is relentless and constant but if you plan to go into the worst of circumstance and come out alive, that's what it takes. As for them participating in there large exercises....it's nothing new.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell