Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Cut fences, livestock run ragged, horses run thru wire by low choppers All happened before.

I can't wait!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the Express to KOOK-A-MANGA is rapidly filling up....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Black hawks fly from Swift to Mabry in Austin over our place every day. It's the low ones that cause issues. Hell even star flight won't land out here anymore. They have predetermined LZ's now. Ambulance had to transport Wifey about 5 miles to LZ for her last ride back in January. I was suprised that the chopper got to the hospital 5 minutes before I did! LOL! And I pretty much drove the speed limit. Didn't wanna hit a hog.

Founder

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just who in the frick do these people think they are? Isn't it enough that the government has over the years confiscated sometimes at gun point, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of acres for massive military posts and bases scattered around the country? Now, they are saying that isn't enough and it is necessary to further infringe on private property rights?

I would be beyond pissed if some of my cows got out or if my deer changed their patterns because of these idiots running around in the dark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Seems to me the Third Amendment [how many of you will have to google it grin ] prevents them from setting foot on ANY private property without the owner's permission.

In other words, the Commissioner's Court for a particular County can't "invite" them, which is how the article reads.

As an aside... Greg will be delighted to learn that he lives in "friendly territory".

The third appears to be a bit different than your interpretation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

From your citation:

"The Third Amendment is among the least cited sections of the U.S. Constitution.[14] In the words of Encyclopedia Britannica, "as the history of the country progressed with little conflict on American soil, the amendment has had little occasion to be invoked."[15] As of 2014, no major Supreme Court decision has used the amendment as its primary basis.[2][3]"

The Second Amendment seemed pretty clear as well until the S.C. got involved. I doubt that a "clear reading" ruling with a 9-0 majority would emanate from ANY S.C. that has ever sat.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Do you think the U.S. Military should be able to use private property for training missions if the owner objects?

I'm not claiming that your post infers that.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Knew a rancher out on the Pecos in west Texas lost about two dozen sheep to a hot shot F4 pilot Last one to bite the deck from Bergstrom AFB. We all got a good chuckle. AF told him to file claim on lost sheep. About 8 months later some 2nd loowie showed up wanting to see "bodies"! He told em what was left was "down by the creek! Good luck!!! Coyotes did a number on the remains too!"

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Do you think the U.S. Military should be able to use private property for training missions if the owner objects?

How about if we amend that statement to include "Without Permission"... ?

I may not be around to "object". Or, I may be asleep.

Owning private property has it's rights. One of them is to post the property against trespass, and have that posting have legal clarity and upstanding in a court of law.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Cut fences, livestock run ragged, horses run thru wire by low choppers All happened before.

I can't wait!!!!!

I've seen that as well. Not even too distantly in the past. 3-4 years ago.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

How about if we amend that statement to include "Without Permission"... ?

I may not be around to "object". Or, I may be asleep.

Owning private property has it's rights. One of them is to post the property against trespass, and have that posting have legal clarity and upstanding in a court of law.

That concept is dying quickly, in the Homeland. You are merely a tenant of Homeland soil, living there and paying rent/taxes to the Owner/Gov't for the privilege of being allowed to keep and improve that property for the benefit of the Owner/Gov't. They will use that property as they see fit, when they choose, and if you object, the property will be taken from you and reappropriated to those who are more "patriotic" to the Homeland.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"How about if we amend that statement to include "Without Permission"... ?"

No........ the article claims they are asking County Commissioners in Texas to "invite" them. I don't know any Counties that own enough property to be of any use to the exercise. That seems to mean the Commissioners would give them permission to use private land in the County, thereby circumventing the owner.

But, since Commissioners have to run for office every four years, that might not fly.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Since there basically is no public land in Texas, it is hard to imagine what kind of permission the county commissioners could give that would be worth the paper it was written on.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Just who in the frick do these people think they are?
The Kings men. Hold your tongue, knave.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" worth the paper it was written on. "

And THAT would stop the Feds... ?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
" worth the paper it was written on. "

And THAT would stop the Feds... ?

Like Treaties????

Founder

WS

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
But, since Commissioners have to run for office every four years, that might not fly.
I'll bet a lotta people forget their phone number if they don't use it for four years. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The government is getting ready take what the private citizens have especially the preppers families and citizens they consider hostile too their agendas. O is fixing to declare himself king of the USA.

Probably not far off the truth...

I trust our government, and especially this administration less than I do a used car salesman. MUCH less.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"Quartering" does have a broader definition than allowance to sleep in your house. It covers sleeping and setting up "residence" (i.e., tents, barracks, etc.) or staging themselves, equipment, materials, etc., in your home or buildings or on your property.
I'd appreciate a cite.

Here's one, apart from the wiki one we've already seen.

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/conservativepolitics101/qt/Third-Amendment-Bill-of-Rights.htm

The Third Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects American citizens from being forced to use their homes to board members of the U.S. military. The amendment does not extend the same privilege to American citizens during times of war. The law's relevance diminished greatly after the American Civil War and is largely archaic in the 21st Century. During the American Revolution, colonists were frequently forced to house British soldiers on their property during times of war and peace. Very often, these colonists would find themselves being forced to put up and feed entire regiments of the Crown, and the soldiers weren't always good house guests. Article III of the Bill of Rights was created to do away with the troublesome British law, known as the Quartering Act, that permitted this practice.

In the 20th century, however, members of the U.S. Supreme Court have referenced the Third Amendment in privacy rights cases. In most recent cases, however, the Ninth and Fourteenth amendments are cited more frequently and are more applicable to defending Americans' right to privacy.

Although it is occasionally the subject of far-fetched lawsuits, there have been a few cases in which the Third Amendment played an important role. For that reason, the amendment has never suffered a significant challenge for repeal. For conservatives generally, and cultural conservatives in particular, the Third Amendment serves as a reminder of this nation's early struggles against oppression.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Home" in numerous cases has been extended to the curtilage and beyond to include property when the 4th Amendment cases against search and seizure are in question.

If you want full citations on those, I'd suggest taking a few classes on Constitutional law and property law. Start your research with "home" under the 4A, and go from there.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This referenced the very specific 3rd amendment. But thanks for the suggestion.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,712
Posts18,514,048
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.