Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
people like the war fighter look but not the life.
lolol Who can blame them. Being real is uncomfortable. Why do that when you can kill zombies on video games, post on the campfire from the privacy of your own home while watching war footage interspaced with Dancing with the Stars or Dual Survival? Then head out to the mall or gunshow with your scarf, shades and Zero Dork Thirty hillbilly beard. It's all good.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess that in the long run, dressing up 'tactical' is not much different than folks wearing cowboy boots and hats, that have never been on a horse. smile

I can't afford Crye pants, but I do like 5-11s. laugh

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I honestly thought those were for keeping sand out of a camels nose.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by john843
Shemaghs(pronounced: schmoag) are those usually gray and white checkered scarves you see on almost every special forces operator, or lately every security guard at the DNR range that I go to, along with their Crye pants and jackets.
John

I thought those things were small table cloths.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=LostHighway]Fad. Proclaims to the world 'm a badass/Blackwater/macho/militia/Rambo. But in reality just a delusional/dumb-ass/jerk-off.[/quote

The modern form of the BOOMBOX.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I guess that in the long run, dressing up 'tactical' is not much different than folks wearing cowboy boots and hats, that have never been on a horse. smile

I can't afford Crye pants, but I do like 5-11s. laugh

+1 on the 511 pants.

μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
While I was waiting to get a CAT scan yesterday I noticed this dude sitting in the waiting room. From what I could see, he was sporting around 700 bucks worth of tactical wear on the outside. That doesn't count the tactical t-shirt under his fleece and buckskin rubbers in his wallet.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Or wearing head to toe cammo while setting in a box overlooking a pile of corn.

I agree with the OP though.
Especially annoying when worn by spoiled college twirps who are disgruntled with America.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 03/21/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couldn't be any worse than douchebags who wear polo shirts with their collars turned up, usually accompanied by hats turned backwards. :-)

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say I've ever seen one around here.

But then, I stay out of malls and gun shows.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
They only one I see wearing on their head like that here is a Muslim woman down the street. And I keep an eye on her. Lots of woman where them thin cotton scarfs , but I don't think they are doing anything but adding some color.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or wearing head to toe cammo while setting in a box overlooking a pile of corn.

Almost guilty of that. I do wear a lot of camo while watching for deer. Seems like about the only warm thing that you can buy here, that is not real noisy. I also wear cowboy boots and hat on occasion, but I have been on a horse, and used to own a few. I do not put on a football jersey or basketball, to watch a game, but some do, so I hear. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for dust and sweat as well.

When I start sweating heavily, I tend to take stuff off instead of adding to my wardrobe. My Dad tried for years to get me to wear long sleeve shirts while working in the field. He said it was cooler but I never found that to be true. In fact, most of my younger years, I wore no shirt at all. An no, I do not have skin cancers as a result. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2
[Linked Image]

He has his STUPID hat on......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Good for dust and sweat as well.

When I start sweating heavily, I tend to take stuff off instead of adding to my wardrobe. My Dad tried for years to get me to wear long sleeve shirts while working in the field. He said it was cooler but I never found that to be true. In fact, most of my younger years, I wore no shirt at all. An no, I do not have skin cancers as a result. miles

thats interesting Miles....in general i dont care for long sleeves but one thing that will get me to wear them is being out in the sun cause i do feel cooler without the sun beating on my skin....infact just bought a number of long sleeved "cooling fabric" shirts cause ill be outside alot this summer......used to piss Darla off cause took an act of congress to get me in a nice long sleeved shirt for a dinner or such but one of my Columbia or Cabelas long sleeved shirts would be what i grabbed when heading out on the boat....course the difference being i had to button up the nice shirts to the point i felt strangled crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the 70's lots of folks were wearing boonie hats whether they were in Vietnam or not. Same thing.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
also dont have those scarves but ive got a few of those Buff wraps made out of the same stuff as some of the shirts i buy to protect my head from burning and keep sweat out of my eyes(sweat tends to start rolling off me when i get even mildly warm, must be my cold adapted thick Norwegian blood crazy )....

[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was in, we did not have the Arabic shemaghs, but everyone wore the green muslin cravat as a scarf in the field in the warmer months. Worked good, especially when trying to keep dust out of your mouth/nose if moving by vehicle or to collect sweat under your kpot.

My favorite piece of snivel gear was the old sleeping bag hood liner that came with the heavy down bags. I wore those under my kpot in the winter.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
In the 70's lots of folks were wearing boonie hats whether they were in Vietnam or not. Same thing.

making fun of my fishing hat crazy laugh protecs me from the sun better than a ball cap....though mine is a grey and not camo or OD green...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by joken2
[Linked Image]

He has his STUPID hat on......

I love that photo.

Sherrif Joe is a bad mofo!

look at him looking at mr kung fu barbeque.... What do you suppose old Joe is thinking?

"Aint it about time you GROW THE F#@! UP!!!???"

Poser.

Something clever here.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.