Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not so; when I made the original post, several normally well supplied distributors were virtually out of any decent FMJ ammo & that's exactly as I posted.

The situation changed rapidly in a negative direction & now, with the announcement of the tabling of the issue, has moved to the positive direction.

You make too many ill informed judgements of other's intentions..............a mind reader, you ain't, Dood.

MM

No need to be a mind reader when I was buying ZQI SS109 at the same price it was 6 months ago and at the same time you were saying it was not available. Nice of you to try though.

Kind of like the guy at the ammo shelf telling me Russian ammunition had been banned while I was heading to the cash register with several boxes of Tula.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherp you really need your head checked if your bragging about buying ZQI and Tula ammo.

Both are fine for blasting ammo but i prefer my ammo to go bang when i pull the trigger. Have seen way too many light primer strikes from both and seen atleast 10 ZQI cases split upon being fired.

I'll gladly pay LESS and get 5.56 ammo that will always work as designed.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Not so; when I made the original post, several normally well supplied distributors were virtually out of any decent FMJ ammo & that's exactly as I posted.

The situation changed rapidly in a negative direction & now, with the announcement of the tabling of the issue, has moved to the positive direction.

You make too many ill informed judgements of other's intentions..............a mind reader, you ain't, Dood.

MM

No need to be a mind reader when I was buying ZQI SS109 at the same price it was 6 months ago and at the same time you were saying it was not available. Nice of you to try though.

Kind of like the guy at the ammo shelf telling me Russian ammunition had been banned while I was heading to the cash register with several boxes of Tula.

GFY

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Sherp you really need your head checked if your bragging about buying ZQI and Tula ammo.

Both are fine for blasting ammo but i prefer my ammo to go bang when i pull the trigger. Have seen way too many light primer strikes from both and seen atleast 10 ZQI cases split upon being fired.

I'll gladly pay LESS and get 5.56 ammo that will always work as designed.

I wasn't bragging, just pointing out that ZQI was available during the time MontanaMan was trying to boost his own sales of 62gr ball and how his sales pitch was similar to that of a Russian ammo reseller as I was in the process of buying a brand of Russian ammunition for 1/4 of the price he was wanting to sell it for.

Never had a problem with Tula failing to fire, but never been in to light weight trigger/hammer springs and that has been reinforced from seeing people doing that getting the results you mention.

Only mention of cases splitting I can find in connection to ZQI is with a fluted chamber.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

MM

GFY

MM

Why get mad at me? I am sure you sold lots of it there for awhile.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

MM

GFY

MM

You are a sad, small, delusional & warped man.........I do not sell ammo, anywhere.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow i never knew that Geisselle and ALG used light weight trigger/hammer springs. But seeing as how that all i own they must as sherp said thats the only reason schitt ammo wpnt fire reliably.

Also i doubt my chambers are the issue with cases splitting. My barrels are all Rainier, Black Hole and Shilen so i doubt thats it.

But again if you say so sherp ot must be so.

I'll still stick to reliable ammo that costs less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are a sad, small, delusional & warped man.........I do not sell ammo, anywhere.

MM

Sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Wow i never knew that Geisselle and ALG used light weight trigger/hammer springs. But seeing as how that all i own they must as sherp said thats the only reason schitt ammo wpnt fire reliably.

Also i doubt my chambers are the issue with cases splitting. My barrels are all Rainier, Black Hole and Shilen so i doubt thats it.

But again if you say so sherp ot must be so.

I'll still stick to reliable ammo that costs less.

Your spelling and grammar really took a nosedive in your response for some reason...almost like you went emotional on us.

What I can gather is:

- you are bragging.

- you are upset

- you have no idea what ammo costs since you keep claiming ZQI and Tula cost more than other types

- if you even have those triggers, you screwed something up on the installation since the cheapy ALG model I have has never failed to make Tula go bang

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495

And why would anyone want ball ammo period, green tip or otherwise.

Yep, it should be banned since it can't be used for legitimate hunting or sanctioned target shooting. We all support sporting purposes.

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
WHat shortage? I was in my LGS today and there was 5.56 stuff in bulk and even the evil green tip. Prices were the same as last month.

Everything looked pretty normal. I didn't even bother to check the .22 supply.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cases of 900 on stripper clips made in Denmark. $450.00 at LGS. All PMC is gone however

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Cases of 900 on stripper clips made in Denmark. $450.00 at LGS. All PMC is gone however

I think you meant "gone forever" instead of "gone however". Fortunately a member here may have some for sale since he bought a few extra cases of it before Obama did a drone strike on PMC's production line.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cabelas in Denver (Lone Tree) has shelves stacked with 223/5.56 ammo.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
midway 5.56
14.00 to ship to my house

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just not possible. Only the members here have any .223Remington/5.56x45 available since they bought lots of it during the Bush administration years.

Think mallardaddict has Mk 262 for less than $5.47/20 since he said his stuff is less than Tula and that is the going rate on it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1911a1, 61 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,729
Posts18,514,326
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.