Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 29 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 28 29
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If one claims to be an atheist and loves something, child, wife, brother, sister, mom, dad etc. .... where does that love come from?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Barry, what a crock of BS. Only a religious person can have empathy or emotions? I didn't get the atheist code book that says that I shouldn't care about my fellow man or that I shouldn't contribute to charities or volunteer my time. Think of all the money I could have saved for myself, and time that I'll never get back. I don't like to throw around insults or name call, but if you truly believe what you wrote, you are an idiot. There is just no nicer word for it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
If one claims to be an atheist and loves something, child, wife, brother, sister, mom, dad etc. .... where does that love come from?

Our brains. Scientists can actually identify the parts of our brains that generate those emotions.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
>>If the Creator prized intelligence, He would have made it easier for really smart people to believe in Him, and hard for the less gifted in the area of the I.Q.<<

That's about the funniest thing I've ever heard. laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Our brains. Scientists can actually identify the parts of our brains that generate those emotions.

Its called dopamine. Its in the vesicles of our neurons. It is released into the fluid filled synapses when stimulated.

There are simple, tangible answers to a lot of this stuff.

Except how does the Easter Bunny lay eggs?

Last edited by ingwe; 03/25/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some scientist believe that .... they haven't got it figured out.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Some scientist believe that .... they haven't got it figured out.

So emotions are proof of god? Man, that was easy. Thanks, in face of that irrefutable truth, I think I'll convert to a religion. The only question is: which one. confused

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
>>Except how does the Easter Bunny lay eggs?<<

You probably added that for a laugh but the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the tooth fairy etc are examples of just how we screw around with faith. A child is not born with a belief in these things, but parents actively instill a belief in these characters to them for our own amusements. At some time they come to question their belief in these characters. Most parents will at that time, clue them in that it's all made up. Now, if we had preachers out there threatening the children with eternal damnation if they stop believing in Santa Claus, or a promise of going to the North Pole upon our death where we can play with toys all day and eat candy. Well, if we went to that effort, we would have a new religion. If man can make children believe in a bunny hopping around with candy or a man sliding down chimneys with toys, making folks believe in a god to explain that which they couldn't otherwise understand, is a piece of cake.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

The truth of the matter is all you've do is read some creationist tripe on the subject, and as a result, you know nothing regarding either subject.

Is that why you didn't address the questions and addressed the questioner?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

The truth of the matter is all you've do is read some creationist tripe on the subject, and as a result, you know nothing regarding either subject.

Is that why you didn't address the questions and addressed the questioner?

Well, all you said was that you know about fossils and novas. The fact that you know about them attests to some level of education, but what you left out is what do these things tell you about the history of the earth/universe. How do they fit in with your religious thoughts, say on creation? That would be interesting and may be worthy of comment or discussion.

A former colleague of mine (a chemist) was once talking about evolution/creationism with a creationist. When quizzed about the fossil evidence of past species and their age that can be determined scientifically, (the creationist was saying the earth was only several thousand years old as calculated somehow by the bible) he said, "The Lord created the world with a history." (I guess to screw around with us.) At that, my friend said he just threw his hands up in the air and walked away. It's hard to discuss facts with someone that lives in fantasy land. They can just make stuff up as they go.

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/25/15. Reason: punctuation,
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Mark Twain

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by BarryC
Atheists don't care about their fellow man, is that really what you are saying???

The reason people who believe in God don't want to die too soon is because only life offers the ability to change and, hopefully, get better. Once you die, you are frozen at what ever level of spiritual maturity you were at when you died. If you die in unrepentant sin, that's where you are frozen.

So, an atheist can justify abortion as simply the return to nothingness. But a Christian understands that a great injustice has been done, possibly condemning the aborted to a stunted eternity. We can only pray that God has other means for them.

Well I can honestly say that's the first time I've heard that. Is this a common belief among most Christians?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by NeBassman
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Mark Twain

I have faith that there are some here who can tell the difference. Actually I don't think religious folk are fools or are intrinsically foolish. They have just been indoctrinated and manipulated by some masters of their trade.

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/25/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread got better overnight!

We are blessed.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MadMooner
This thread got better overnight!

We are blessed.

Indeed!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was not born into an atheist family. I was a Catholic once (and even an alter boy) and then joined a Unitarian Universalist church. My journey for the truth, has led me to atheism. Actually, that happened at about the time that I bought my first Subaru. Hmmmm. whistle

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

A little irreverent fun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hah! Rollin'!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The devil made me do it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was not born into an atheist family. I was a Catholic once (and even an alter boy) and then joined a Unitarian Universalist church. My journey for the truth, has led me to atheism. Actually, that happened at about the time that I bought my first Subaru. Hmmmm. whistle

Waiting for the .270 win shoe to drop.

Page 7 of 29 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 47 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,044
Posts18,521,138
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.